I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM

I've been suspended

My manager gets me in to help with an inventory but rolls the inventory instead of doing it properly. We then have an audit & he gets caught & suspended. Great I'm thinking finally I will be free of this bully. I turn up for my shift & I get suspended aswell because I was at the inventory I'm so pissed off as it looks like I'm going to lose my job because of something my manager did. It doesn't seem fair to me, I don't see how they expected me to stop him from doing exactly what he wanted. If I ever questioned him my hours were cut so I learned to keep my mouth shut. Blockbuster managment suck
Unread June 2nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
IHBB GOD

what do you mean rolls?
Unread June 2nd, 2012, 11:59 PM

Falsified The inventory.
Unread June 3rd, 2012, 02:35 AM

I'm not a frequent poster but this exactly how I was going to be let go when I left BBV except I luckily already had my 2 weeks in due to finding another job, even before they told us we were being audited....however they still put me in as non rehire which is something I tried to fix a few months ago but since my initial contact in april with HR havent heard anything back yet to this day... though I am leaving for university in August and may try reapplying down there, since Ive heard something about rehire statuses not showing up from district to disctrict, though I have no proof of this

My situation was a bit different though in that my SM who was burned out but a pretty cool guy, actually had left the company by the time the new DM had us audited (she had a closing store in her old district and wanted to bring the whole staff to our store so she needed to be rid of us) since I was the acting (note ACTING but without title or pay) ASM, I took all the "heat" for my old SMs screwing up inventory EVEN though I warned them after he left and had told them I called the 1800# and reported him the night after it happened (hell I even had his blessing to tell them).

IF you want to keep your job you need to get into contact with someone at HR/Corp ASAP and tell them what happened (at least this is what Ive been told by others could have saved me but at the time I didnt care kinda wish I would have now) or if you know another store manager who will take you in as a transfer i'd get up with them...basically what I am saying is you are going to need someone whos willing to back you up/be on your side....especially if you are in a situation like I was where the DM wanted you out.
Unread June 3rd, 2012, 04:56 AM
IHBB GOD

You gone....Wrongful termination suit! Can I get a witness?????

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 3rd, 2012, 06:55 AM
IHBB GOD

just leave and be happy sewer work is better than bbv
Unread June 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollie View Post
My manager gets me in to help with an inventory but rolls the inventory instead of doing it properly. We then have an audit & he gets caught & suspended. Great I'm thinking finally I will be free of this bully. I turn up for my shift & I get suspended aswell because I was at the inventory I'm so pissed off as it looks like I'm going to lose my job because of something my manager did. It doesn't seem fair to me, I don't see how they expected me to stop him from doing exactly what he wanted. If I ever questioned him my hours were cut so I learned to keep my mouth shut. Blockbuster managment suck
Did you know?
Unread June 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollie View Post
1. How long are you suspended?

2. Have you contacted anyone?