I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Its just a job boss
Unread September 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
1-3 per week. The goal is 2 per week or sometimes 1 per week.

The hardest thing to do is get them on the phone and to sign up. Remember, its a 2 year contract.
2 years suck...............
The top Poster!
Unread September 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
2 years suck...............
Yeah but that flys by fast though.
Unread September 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Yeah but that flys by fast though.
Not if you are un happy about the programs you get, please compare, it does make a difference. Direct TV is bettter,,,,,
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
fireyjewels (September 19th, 2012)
Unread September 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Comcast cable u.dig? Or Google internet

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 5th, 2012)
Unread September 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Not if you are un happy about the programs you get, please compare, it does make a difference. Direct TV is bettter,,,,,
But that's the same with Direct TV and Comcast >_>

Dish is fine because we have it in the store and it works nicely. TV is TV, all it depends is who provides it and what channels at what price.

personally, I just love internet. I thought I heard people are not matching TV much anymore these days. All it becomes is an pride/decoration/ tophy
Unread September 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Hey, do you do have some good points you pointed out. I like them but I have to disagree on the
“The time where a job applicant can go into a professional company and think they can sell themselves for a position with experience from "Blockbuster" ... even "managing at Blockbuster" is over”

Blockbuster isn’t what people think these days. You can easily sell this to professional jobs because Blockbuster requires a lot of work and some hard-core organization skills. You have to know lot of information in a short about of time and still be able successful just like any Corporate person. Blockbuster is a great building block. We work shifts there and dealt with many many customers with issue and other stuff. Look at your DKP and see how many customers come in within that 7 day period. I seen 2,750 to 4,000 people and you have a staff of 8 people. Example : 3,000 people / 8 staff = 375 people per person (but depends on the staff’s hours).
You have to get the interview first. Try telling professional white-collar companies that what you do requires hard-core organizational skills. They will laugh at you.

Perception is reality. If the companies perceive that all you do is work at a video store, then that is as far as you go and your resume/application won't get a second look. Companies these days are looking for masters degrees or work that is truly related to the field you are applying in. If it remains to be retail, then you got nothing to worry about.

To John Low ... your career .... not mine. I've said my peace. Keep on selling them Dish satellites.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (September 5th, 2012)
Unread September 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
But that's the same with Direct TV and Comcast >_>

Dish is fine because we have it in the store and it works nicely. TV is TV, all it depends is who provides it and what channels at what price.

personally, I just love internet. I thought I heard people are not matching TV much anymore these days. All it becomes is an pride/decoration/ tophy
Direct TV has a lot more good channels than dish for the same price....
The top Poster!
Unread September 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM

Once the economy went bad, it was hard enough to get people to sign up for a $10 movie pass (with a free trial, even), or to get them to "splurge" on a $5 candy bundle. Now they demand that you basically sell people an $80 (at least) tv bill every month, AND to be locked into a two year contract with that? Wow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickleBundle For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 5th, 2012), fireyjewels (September 19th, 2012), inkedangel (September 6th, 2012)
Unread September 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post
You have to get the interview first. Try telling professional white-collar companies that what you do requires hard-core organizational skills. They will laugh at you.

Perception is reality. If the companies perceive that all you do is work at a video store, then that is as far as you go and your resume/application won't get a second look. Companies these days are looking for masters degrees or work that is truly related to the field you are applying in. If it remains to be retail, then you got nothing to worry about.

To John Low ... your career .... not mine. I've said my peace. Keep on selling them Dish satellites.
They won't laugh. Just make sure you explain it right and compare to their business or another big business. Remember Blockbuster & Dish company is different from the old Blockbuster.

Yeah, I heard companies are looking at Master Degrees but more in the psychology field. I heard businesses are looking for work experience and a degree (associate or bachelor). If you are in college, internships are heavenly idea and is a must. Why do I get the impression 80% students don't do internships and 20% do internships at the college

Last edited by djblade; September 5th, 2012 at 10:54 AM.