I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread April 15th, 2010, 07:48 PM
IHBB Freak

Unhappy Apologies and an explanation

I realize my tone has been more aggressive lately, especially in the wake of losing my longtime job. However, this is not the only problem I'm having right now, and I wanted to explain myself and to apologize to you guys. I really haven't been myself in quite a while.

Being fired and the crap that came with it is just the most recent shit going on with me.

My sister had come to stay with us, and brought her kids. Why? Because she left her baby daddy and wanted to come home...where I was already supporting my three kids, my parents, and my recently unemployed husband. We finally got rid of them in August 2009.

The very next week, I was assigned to the St. Simons Island store. I was in the midst of a shitstorm there that had already been a problem long before I got there, and was seen as an interloper, and by at least one of the staff, a racist. I brought that drama home every night. I was threatened by my then-DM with being fired all because of the condition of THAT store. (And you can verify a lot of this against my posts in threads starting August 09.)

When I finally came back to my home store in Brunswick, it was right before the Christmas reset. Meanwhile, my husband got a job out of town, working on the production of The Conspirator as an extra. I was happy for him, and delighted in seeing him so excited to meet celebrities. I trudged on at home and at my store.

Next thing I know, after production wrapped on "The Conspirator", he asked me for a divorce at Christmas. I was hurt and shocked. My children were hurt because they didn't know what was going on, and all they knew was their Christmas was ruined. (But they still got presents!) To this day, I still don't know why. I suspected another woman, but there hasn't been one. There are no emails from anyone else, no phone calls I didn't recognize, nothing. Neither of us has filed yet, either.

We're still trying to work it out, as he's been back in the house, helping with bills and such since I got fired. He says he doesn't know what he wants to do, but that he's got hope. I'm not so sure, and it's hard to have him here, as much as he helps.

So, that's the sum total of it all. In a matter of months, I've been reassigned, retracted, dumped, and fired. I know the tone of my recent posts seems out of place considering I was thrown out of a burning boat, and I apologize for it. I know it's not like me, and I am sorry to vent at you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost of AtlanticVamp For This Useful Post:
wheresmikey (April 15th, 2010)
Unread April 15th, 2010, 08:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Sorry ghost, hope things get better.
Unread April 15th, 2010, 10:23 PM
IHBB Freak

no better place than here to say whatever you need.
Unread April 16th, 2010, 07:05 AM
IHBB Freak

No apologies needed, darlin'. We're one giant dysfuntional family here, and you know you have our support.
BUYMECAR (April 17th, 2010)
Unread April 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Ghost, no need to apologize, unfortunately shit happens. And you seemed to have a lot of it lately. Use this board to vent, that's what we are here for. Anytime babe............
The top Poster!
Unread April 17th, 2010, 04:07 AM
IHBB GOD

Its usually better to vent to people who arent personally involved in your life. That way we cant take sides, or bring up some incident that happened in 2002, we just listen (or read) and emathize and, in our small way, reassure you that things will get better.

Btw, if you want me to send Cowboy round to kick your husband in the balls, its an open offer...
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....
The Following User Says Thank You to Aphrodite For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (April 17th, 2010)
Unread April 17th, 2010, 07:16 AM
IHBB Freak

Thanks, you guys, for everything. There is hope! I recently got a new job. Not completely disclosing but here's a hint: Bullseye.
Unread April 18th, 2010, 07:26 AM
IHBB Freak

Ah, so you've entered the highly competitive world of professional dart throwing. Way to go, Vamp! We knew you'd find something.

Seriously though, that is great to hear. Hope you have a boss who isn't as big of an asshole as your last one.
Not that that would take much doing...
Unread April 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
IHBB GOD

No she's going to play Bullseye in the new Daredevil movie. Way to go Ghost.
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (April 18th, 2010)
Unread April 18th, 2010, 07:44 AM
IHBB Freak

Shhhh. You weren't supposed to say that. Now, Colin Farrell just threw a hissy fit in his dressing room.