I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM

"pay question"

Without raising too many eyebrows, I really am just curious about what pay is for most stores on average, I realize it's more of a range type of thing, but I've now worked at a total of 5 stores, and talked with many employees, and I realize I'm at quite the end of the short stick in the pay department, I'm a shift lead who takes his job very seriously, but I really want feedback, I am NOT asking what your pay is.

Just trying to figure out for your area what pay is for:

CSR:

4-Star:

Shift Lead:

SAM:
Unread March 13th, 2009, 11:00 PM
IHBB GOD

this is one of those things where you can take a good guess, but it really just depends. my guesses:

CSR: $7.25

4-STAR: $8.75

Shift Lead (really varies): $9.00-14.00

SAM (really varies): $12-18
Unread March 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
this is one of those things where you can take a good guess, but it really just depends. my guesses:

CSR: $7.25

4-STAR: $8.75

Shift Lead (really varies): $9.00-14.00

SAM (really varies): $12-18
You start off ok but even though I havent worked there for almost 2 years unless you are in silicon valley your sl and sam top ends are way out of line.
Unread March 14th, 2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
You start off ok but even though I havent worked there for almost 2 years unless you are in silicon valley your sl and sam top ends are way out of line.
Actually South Carolina was pretty close to those numbers. As a SL I made 10.00, and as a SAM I made 13.75.

[SIGPIC]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/6/Advent_Children_Fan.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Unread March 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Starting this July the federal minimum wage will be $7.25, though of course some states can be higher and some can be lower.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread March 14th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Starting this July the federal minimum wage will be $7.25, though of course some states can be higher and some can be lower.
The federal minimum wage sets the bar at the lower end. A state's minimum wage cannot be below the federal minimum wage.
Unread March 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
IHBB GOD

i remember hearing my SAM makes $16/hr. sure, he has a couple degrees and has been a SAM for about 5-6 years. hes not big on doing work, but he sure can sell crap to people. considering there might be some people with better qualifications as a SAM, i just assumed there was room for better pay. i might be wrong.

the high end of SL was considering demoted SAMs. there are a lot of them that transfer to different stores but refuse a dramatic pay drop.
Unread March 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM

My intial impressions from my home store made me think that my hourly wage was decent, but on closer inspection I realize I certainly got the low end of the stick.

As a Shift Lead I still make under 9.00, the sin of course is that that's after three years, most shift leads I have worked with at other stores make over 10 an hour.

However,

I have worked with more than 4 CSR's who make 6.50 (currently), and one who was hired at 8.25 who doesn't do much but complain.

I have seen SAM's make anywhere from 11.25 to over 14, but it seems unbalanced, as if there is no rule, not even metered by experience.

I had talked with my DM about a pay raise because I currently work betwen a couple of stores, but all about an hour away in another county, is there anything I can do because I've considered quitting because of the low pay and my own experience, I have over 5 years of retail management expeirnce, the irony however is that if I were to apply now to blockbuster if I had never worked there before I'm almost sure I would be brought on making what I feel I should be.

Is there any avenue available for employees to actually request, and get even a small marginal raise, in all honesty I just want to make a little over 9.00, especially for what I do.
Unread March 14th, 2009, 04:58 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenonce View Post
My intial impressions from my home store made me think that my hourly wage was decent, but on closer inspection I realize I certainly got the low end of the stick.

As a Shift Lead I still make under 9.00, the sin of course is that that's after three years, most shift leads I have worked with at other stores make over 10 an hour.

However,

I have worked with more than 4 CSR's who make 6.50 (currently), and one who was hired at 8.25 who doesn't do much but complain.

I have seen SAM's make anywhere from 11.25 to over 14, but it seems unbalanced, as if there is no rule, not even metered by experience.

I had talked with my DM about a pay raise because I currently work betwen a couple of stores, but all about an hour away in another county, is there anything I can do because I've considered quitting because of the low pay and my own experience, I have over 5 years of retail management expeirnce, the irony however is that if I were to apply now to blockbuster if I had never worked there before I'm almost sure I would be brought on making what I feel I should be.

Is there any avenue available for employees to actually request, and get even a small marginal raise, in all honesty I just want to make a little over 9.00, especially for what I do.
Pay isnt always judged by experience, it is also by volume of the store. IF u work at a volume store where ur only doing like 4-10 grand a week as an sl u would make 7.50 to maybe 9 at best. At a store that does almost 30 grand a week u would make 10 to 13 at best. U could be more qualified then joe smoe but he makes more because he is at the busier store..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
sar94pga (March 14th, 2009)
Unread March 14th, 2009, 07:38 PM
IHBB GOD

CSR: $7.50

4-Star: $8.00-$8.25

Shift Lead: $8.65-$9

SAM:$10-$13