I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 9th, 2011, 05:06 PM

My name is DeDampkring. I worked at BB for 3 years and was driven out by an incompetent District Manager, unreasonable sales quotas, terrible pay, pathetic benefits, and no raises for 3 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDampkring For This Useful Post:
djsdojo (April 10th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (April 9th, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM

Hi, I'm Cheeseman. I can't wait to see all stores closed.

Thank You
Unread April 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Hi my name should be SophiesMom but hey what's a typo between friends. I was with the company for 15 and a half years. My last "open" shift is tomorrow. I am beyond sad at the demise of my store and the many others that are closing due to the upper management's total incompetence. The Jedi Council is a good thing LISTEN to your store level employees they know what your customers want and it is not the same thing in Iowa as it is in New York City! Please stop the cookie cutter goals and products.
I wish everyone that is staying all the best. I hope all goes well and as I tell my kids everyday treat people the way you wish to be treated! Everyone needs a raise ASAP!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spohiesmom2008 For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (April 9th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 22nd, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM

I'm angrYbird. I worked for big blue for 11years and was fired because my ASM felt the need to tell my DL that I "violated company policy". I learned that verbal approvals from your DL mean nothing and that the SOP rules all of bb...if you burn it, Dish customers will come
Unread April 9th, 2011, 07:42 PM

Hi I'm UnderPressure (which I really am), like everyone else has said please please get the store level employees input and please please either get rid of DMs & RDOs or send them to sensitivity courses because I've said this before, but I've worked 35 years and have never been treated so badly by a company as the old Blockbuster. It's no fun to worry about your job every single day because you didn't sell enough candy bundles but still made enough money on other stuff. The SM knows his store, get their inputs and BB482 has heard it all from us,so get his input too...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnderPressure For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (April 9th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Yo, I'm djblade! I'm pretty much like a lot of these employees in this thread. No need to repeat. We all have our hate yet we are very hard workers. I love competition, help come up with ideas and go beyond position. Sometimes its not about the money but accomplishment.
Unread April 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Hello my name is blockbusterluvsu, and I am an alcoholic.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlockbusterLuvsU For This Useful Post:
sar94pga (April 21st, 2011), Veruka_Salt (April 10th, 2011)
Unread April 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM
IHBB GOD

My name is yodavsjason,............ that is all.
Unread April 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
IHBB Freak

Where's my key? Perhaps I left it in the door?
Unread April 9th, 2011, 11:40 PM
IHBB GOD

My name is Woodstock, and I am a manager. Been with Blockbuster for 10 years, and have seen a lot of changes. Here are some tips - raises would be nice. I take pride in my job, and do my best to train and encourage my staff so that they are productive employees. Being able to order supplies (like toilet paper) and get it in would be a bonus. Listen to the staff of the stores, and stop cookie cutting us. My DL made us shift around our PRP and sell thru, and then got mad at us when our sales dropped. Focus on Game trades, most people do not know that we offer it, and it might help to advertise it. When games come out for sale - send us some extras so that we can sell it to people that don't pre order the game.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (April 10th, 2011), getoffmybeach (April 17th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 9th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 22nd, 2011)