I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 16th, 2011, 05:50 PM

man that's rough, I totally feel for you Alvie. The SM at my store is currently looking around for a new job, I wish you could be her replacement!
Unread April 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
man that's rough, I totally feel for you Alvie. The SM at my store is currently looking around for a new job, I wish you could be her replacement!
Thank you! You know it is funny I think I could take most of you from here and run a kick ass store. Once people learn to except you guys are being honest and not all doom and gloom they can really learn.

Thanks again

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread April 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Uh, this might not be the best place to acquire references.

I actually will talk about this place in my next interview. I like what I have been able to do here. It gave you guys an outlet that you did not have before. Problems with companys is that do not want to listen to their employees, I actually do. You might not always like my response and I will not always like your response but at least we are listening to each other.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (April 17th, 2011), Big Dog (April 17th, 2011), getoffmybeach (April 17th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 18th, 2011)
Unread April 16th, 2011, 09:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Corporate: Monitor this website and see what the store employees are saying.
Alvie: The store employees are saying that the focus on sales is useless and is creating a hostile work environment.
Corporate: Thanks. We'll increase the focus on sales.
Alvie: The store employees are saying that the DLs and RDOs are unhelpful and abusive.
Corporate: Good work. We'll reward the DLs and RDOs.
Alvie: I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
Corporate: Point taken. You're fired.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 17th, 2011), abhorrent scowl (April 17th, 2011), almondSM (April 17th, 2011), bettybeaner (April 21st, 2011), Big Dog (April 17th, 2011), BlockbusterLuvsU (April 17th, 2011), BUYMECAR (April 18th, 2011), deathbydanny (April 16th, 2011), DeDampkring (April 17th, 2011), Fuzzy (April 17th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 18th, 2011), Hot Head (April 17th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (April 17th, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (April 17th, 2011), nygirl (April 17th, 2011), Spohiesmom2008 (April 17th, 2011), underemployed (April 17th, 2011), UnderPressure (April 17th, 2011), zooworker (April 18th, 2011)
Unread April 17th, 2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Alvie: The store employees are saying that the focus on sales is useless and is creating a hostile work environment.
Alvie: The store employees are saying that the DLs and RDOs are unhelpful and abusive.
Wow! That says it all...perfectly!
The Following User Says Thank You to UnderPressure For This Useful Post:
bettybeaner (April 21st, 2011)
Unread April 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post

Now if someone could put this in a video this would be greatness...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
DeDampkring (April 17th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 18th, 2011)
Unread April 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
Now if someone could put this in a video this would be greatness...
Is that a request I hear...?
HelloItsMeMOM (April 18th, 2011)
Unread April 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM

482 (Alvie),

I have been deciding what to say to such a dedicated and inspirational person such as yourself. It is difficult to understand why they would release you, yet keep a lot of unwelcomed trash laying around.

I don't understand it, and I feel as if they are turning a blind eye to real problems that need to be taken care of. To say there is no need for a concept team is like saying we don't need to change. That is the absolute opposite of what is actually needed in our company.

Losing you is a huge disappointment on top of a pile of failure. We need innovative minds such as yours in order to succeed with Dish. We don't need incompetency that we see from most in corporate.

I wish you nothing but the best. You have inspired me with Blockbuster to try and make it better, whether it costs me my job doesn't make a difference to me anymore. I am trying to set a standard in my store to return to the core values of Blockbuster. I am encouraging my colleagues to use their sales techniques on movies and games, and that candy bundles won't make a difference at all.

I am trying to get my store to set a new standard of excellence in the company. We will not be a high pressure sales store. We will be a store that makes the atmosphere comfortable, and ultimately we will MEET THE CUSTOMERS NEEDS.

That is what my goal is and always will be...I will not succumb to DM pressure and I only hope that it spreads throughout the company. You inspired me to pursue this way of running a store. I thank you for that and hope maybe one day we'll cross paths.

Good luck in where ever you end up next. I am sure you will find success.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 18th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 22nd, 2011), Spohiesmom2008 (April 17th, 2011), store_closer (April 17th, 2011)
Unread April 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
Is that a request I hear...?
Oh yes..I would love something like that.

Unread April 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Alvie,

First off, best of luck to you in the future. It is never fun being let go from a company for any reason, especially when it isn't related to your personal performance. As the old saying goes, as one door closes, another opens.

Could you share with us some more insight to the future of Blockbuster with Dish as owner? I am sure you were privy to a lot more information than what we have been and of course we would all like to know some of the future plans.

Also, do you have any insight on whether Dish plans to replace our current leadership, specifically at the top (Keyes & Dunlap)?

Lastly, do you have any knowledge as to the reason behind seeking the extension to reject leases being you have stated that Dish would like to expand things as opposed to further decreasing the store count.

Thanks in advance!