I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Its not an incentive to sell whatsoever. As ASM69 said, its only going to pump up the newbs who think they might actually see some cash. When in reality, if you hit the goal, it is still a fucking one in a million chance you'll see cash.

I also love that the store that gets 69 $3/$5, and 100 other bundles is disqualified, but 70 $3/$5 and 30 other bundles is qualified. Whatever happened to increasing revenue, and profit for that matter, while giving the customer what they want? Again and again we are told to push what corporate wants, and not what the customer wants.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BBBlows For This Useful Post:
AdjectiveZord (December 5th, 2010), BUYMECAR (November 28th, 2010), omg_bbv (December 3rd, 2010), Propoxy (November 28th, 2010), Spohiesmom2008 (November 28th, 2010)
Unread November 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM

I still do not for the life of me see how selling all this candy is going to save our collective asses. We are a VIDEO store how about we concentrate on getting more movies into our customers hands!

Last edited by Spohiesmom2008; November 28th, 2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to Spohiesmom2008 For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (November 28th, 2010)
Unread November 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spohiesmom2008 View Post
I still do not fro the life of me see how selling all this candy is going to save our collective asses. We are a VIDEO store how about we concentrate on getting more movies into our customers hands!
Confection is a high revenue per piece
By the way thier is a statistic I believe 50 percent of Americans will be a diabetic by 2013 or something in that range

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Confection is a high revenue per piece
By the way thier is a statistic I believe 50 percent of Americans will be a diabetic by 2013 or something in that range
Yeah! WTF blockbuster1?1? Getting American's fat and lazy. No wonder Netflix mailers and streaming took off!!! /

Lets get some real food in the store!
Unread November 29th, 2010, 01:33 PM

A whole lot of pointless and extra paperwork, if you ask me.
Why not just say, "sell more stuff"?
And the math....
I'd rather go on the floor and talk my customers into extra rentals or snacks or a retail purchase than waste time behind the counter trying to figure out what kind of numbers we have to hit. Make the Day is stupid.
Unread November 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM
IHBB GOD

go Ahead Make My Day

punk

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 2nd, 2010, 10:00 PM

Blockbuster can never seem to make anything simple. Now, I like math and calculating what you need to do to "Make the Day" per hour isn't overly complex and is nice as a guideline to see where you stand during the day, but they just needed to leave it at that. I don't know if this is everywhere, but our district is supposed to round up a certain dollar amounts worth of merchandise and bring it to the front counter with us. The goal is to sell all of your merchandise by the end of your shift. Not only that, but we are still tracking bundles, our extra upsold dollars spend as well as those game pass cards. To make it even better we have to track this is FOUR places (Blue Book, Star Tracker, Individual sheets, Make the Day sheets). It is getting more out of hand that you could imagine.

Why can't it be simple? Make sure your employees know they can upsell as they please and just use the TNR as your only goal. Reach the goals as a team, and take the individual, convoluted tracking out of it.
Unread December 2nd, 2010, 10:14 PM

Saw the results of our districts Make the Day from last week. One store hit the target TNR out of roughly 20 stores, and after looking at this weeks results I don't think they took into account Thanksgiving traffic as this week nobody is even close to their goal. Which is about right I guess, as only 600ish store in the company hit it if I remember the MOTW correctly. That makes it about on par with what it took to be "green" on the DKP, aka, most stores will NEVER hit it. That way your DM/RDO can scream at you for missing an unattainable goal.
Unread December 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM

they should start selling exercise machines. It will be a gold mine
Unread December 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
they should start selling exercise machines. It will be a gold mine
It would go hand in hand with popcorn it will totally make you puke.

So I guess your working out and becoming belemic. Win Win