I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM
IHBB Freak

Wired Takes A Shot At Blockbuster

From 100 things your kids may never know about:

73. Actually going down to a Blockbuster store to rent a movie.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/07...npu=1&mbid=yhp

Unread July 27th, 2009, 01:35 PM
IHBB GOD

oh, if only that were the case.

i'm not so sure they were taking a shot at anything, they were just emphasizing that everything is easily accessed online and kids are learning this at younger ages. my little cousins find movies online all the time.
Unread July 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
IHBB Freak

My 10 year old brother types the same speed as me... 60 wpm

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread July 27th, 2009, 10:02 PM

yeah i kinda feel the same way that everything is moving into the digital era. Not only will blockbuster fall by the wayside I think theatre's will to
Unread July 27th, 2009, 10:03 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripGRUSH View Post
yeah i kinda feel the same way that everything is moving into the digital era. Not only will blockbuster fall by the wayside I think theatre's will to
They already play movies digitally.

Sorry

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread July 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM

sorry meant that everything will be available through your home. whether it be pc,tv or vgame console and hopefully soon i hate the theatre
Unread July 27th, 2009, 11:25 PM

have you seen that trailer they are playing saying "times are changing and we are too" what kind of bullshit is that?
The Following User Says Thank You to acaraballo For This Useful Post:
SL_600 (August 2nd, 2009)
Unread July 28th, 2009, 12:14 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
sorry meant that everything will be available through your home. whether it be pc,tv or vgame console and hopefully soon i hate the theatre
funny enough, i watch movies at the theater all the time and i HATE it too. its ridiculous that i have to drive 40 miles to watch some movie, come an hour early and be told that the entire theater was reserved. why do they still do this? doesn't the majority of their profit come from confection sales? why in the world would they null the opportunity of confection sales? WHY??!

anywho, yeah, this has happened to me a few times in the last few months and it pretty much pissed me off.
Unread July 28th, 2009, 06:31 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
oh, if only that were the case.

i'm not so sure they were taking a shot at anything, they were just emphasizing that everything is easily accessed online and kids are learning this at younger ages. my little cousins find movies online all the time.
My kids are quite adept with YouTube, CartoonNetwork.com, Nick.com, etc. They almost don't like watching TV. They can get their stuff, on-demand, online, for free. Thank God they don't know about FanCast, Hulu, etc.!
Unread July 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure about that. They were predicting the demise of movie theatres as far back as 1940 when television first became popular. It didn't happen. For one thing, it's impossible to replicate a 30ft screen at home. There's also something about the whole movie going experience people love. The smell of the popcorn, the "coming attractions," and the whole group experience.

Just look at the insane amount of money that terrible Transformers 2 schlock raked in theatrically. That's not the kind of money a dying medium should be generating.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morbid Angel For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (July 28th, 2009)