I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 18th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Dollar General the new BBV?

Just curious if it's the same around the country but it seems that the Dollar General hiring methodology in the southeast is to hire ex BBV employees. There has to be at least a dozen store managers in Georgia and Alabama went to work as store managers at DG. Nut to mention 5 or 6 DM's and the ATL rdo that used to talk about how awful DG was after so many of his employees left for there. If the trend continues the ATL region for DG will look an awful lot like the old ATL BBV region team.
Unread February 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
Just curious if it's the same around the country but it seems that the Dollar General hiring methodology in the southeast is to hire ex BBV employees. There has to be at least a dozen store managers in Georgia and Alabama went to work as store managers at DG. Nut to mention 5 or 6 DM's and the ATL rdo that used to talk about how awful DG was after so many of his employees left for there. If the trend continues the ATL region for DG will look an awful lot like the old ATL BBV region team.
I was hired by them, but 1 week before to start work my knee blew out. I Would have been a manager starting at 40k, But I also have heard how much they have to work too. Seems like they are opening stores on every corner around here. Eh typical retail outlet working the ass of management.
The top Poster!
Unread February 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
IHBB GOD

i would never work for DG. They work 6 days a week, 12 hour days some days, you thought the DM support from BBV was shit, wait until you see these guys. no thanks.
Unread February 18th, 2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I was hired by them, but 1 week before to start work my knee blew out. I Would have been a manager starting at 40k, But I also have heard how much they have to work too. Seems like they are opening stores on every corner around here. Eh typical retail outlet working the ass of management.
40K? ;o I talked to them and the pay they were talking was ALOT less so I didnt pursue it. Its the same in Central TX too. Former RDOs, DLs and SMs are at $ Gen
Unread February 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM
IHBB GOD

lol ill be dropping in app there wednesday if i dont hear from some ppl soon.
Unread February 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
IHBB Freak

BBV employee's seem like gluttons for punishment. Dollar General might be a perfect fit.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (February 19th, 2013)
Unread February 19th, 2013, 08:52 PM
IHBB GOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxuwfXhnKFg
Unread February 20th, 2013, 03:06 AM

For the record, I am not one of the former SM's that went to Dollar General I just find it curious that so many former BBV employees have ended up at the same place. I did talk to them and the money they were talking (mid 30's) was quite a bit less than I made at BBV. My old DM went there and got a substantial raise, so apparently they pay upper management pretty well while giving the shaft to their SM's, so it sounds like the company must have hired its executive leadership from BBV too.

Last edited by easy1234; February 20th, 2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: correction
The Following User Says Thank You to easy1234 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (February 20th, 2013)
Unread February 20th, 2013, 07:36 AM
IHBB GOD

may be going to pet supermarket instead just got word that i can take drug test for job, cool key holder position so $$$$ more money than now at big blue more hrs and you know no down time and hopefully start next week, will still stay on at bbv till end too. somebodys gonna have a fat pay ck or 2 in march:P
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (February 20th, 2013)