I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 2nd, 2011, 04:44 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
Hey if they want to bill me for the movies, i'll gladly pay up. Blockbuster isn't really losing any money from this anyways.
Well, I rented three BSI's yesterday and I intend to keep them, but I still have an active credit card on my account. I checked my receipt after I got them, and if they charge off to my account: $24. (For those who want to research me: WWE Royal Rumble 2007, Andre the Butcher, and Larry the Cable Guy-Morning Constitutions. Hey, I never said I had taste! )

Once (and if) they charge off to my account, it's covered. Funny how no one's allowing for Blockbuster's practice of letting things charge off, which a lot off our customers did and do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge
It is when you get bonus for being there til the end. For SM's it was $100 per week plus your regular quarterly bonus and tanning commission if you were a tanning store.
Wait, what? TANNING stores? I only know of one "tanning store" and it's a Video Warehouse. What is this "tanning store" of which you speak?
Unread February 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM

I was referring to Movie Gallery/Hollywooed Video when they closed down on collecting past due balances and non returned rented items. Which Blockbuster is stupid if they don't send them to a credit agency to get at least a portion of revenue they lost off of it.

Then it turned into holding/stealing movies discussion.
Unread February 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Plus it looks really bad on your resume if you're fired from a place that won't be there in a week anyway.
only if you are honest on your reume, and how would they know if you are not?
Unread February 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by whineyboy View Post
only if you are honest on your reume, and how would they know if you are not?
I would guess they would check your references which usually includes previous jobs, and looks suspicious if you say they can't be contacted. And I know I've worked at some companies that check every job, and if you don't put them all down they find them when they run your social security number.
Unread February 2nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
IHBB GOD

they don't check the SSN as it is hardly reliable as a source.

generally they just contact the employer and confirm with HR the hire dates. that is all. they cannot ask about additional details.

=3
Unread February 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Maybe not where you live, but I've had it done to me before. I had to sign to paper saying it was ok, but I didn't have anything to hide.
Unread February 5th, 2011, 07:08 AM
IHBB Freak

Exclamation

Just a question: I went to the first day of the "going out of business sale" at my old store and they had everything $9.99 or less. No 4/$20 or any other bundles. But I did notice there was a table of $3.99 "no label" DVDs in clear plastic envelopes. Has anyone else seen these in close-outs?

Also, how deep are the discounts at the end, right before they lock the doors for good? I'm about to get my tax refund and am thinking of going by to get a bargain when it deposits into my checking account, but if it's not that good, I'd like to know. Please advise!
Unread February 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
Just a question: I went to the first day of the "going out of business sale" at my old store and they had everything $9.99 or less. No 4/$20 or any other bundles. But I did notice there was a table of $3.99 "no label" DVDs in clear plastic envelopes. Has anyone else seen these in close-outs?

Also, how deep are the discounts at the end, right before they lock the doors for good? I'm about to get my tax refund and am thinking of going by to get a bargain when it deposits into my checking account, but if it's not that good, I'd like to know. Please advise!
I know the last day at Hollywood and Movie Gallery the movies were three for a buck. And by God, did I load up that day. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for that last day. Plenty of Asylum movies, not really anything worth watching.
Unread February 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post

We got those 3.99 movies in the clear cases.... and they sent some pretty good shit, but that was only during the first week of the sale, and we haven't got anymore in, by the time I got to the table it kinda was all picked through and that was just on the 1st day! All that's left now are random episodes to tv series's. But this upcoming week is the last week, and I don't see anymore of those coming in, but who knows.
Unread February 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM

After three weeks in depending on how well the sale is going, corporate will monitor the price. I remember it changing and dropped every movie in the store to $.99. That was about three weeks into it and we still had plenty of product left. what i would recommend doing is when customers return their rented product, you should keep it hidden over night because those rentals get changed to PRP after daily is complete. I remember new releases like "where the wild things are" and vampires "assistant", and "precious" where a buck, because i stashed those thaaaangs.