I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 30th, 2010, 04:21 PM

The good old bbv personality test...

So I was redoing a BBV application (long painful story covered in another post)...and i see that theyve changed the personality test (Guess my unicru answer key is out the window) anyone had any experience with this new test they have on there?

Anyone know how they keep track of this stuff? Im honestly thinking of redoing the application (of course for a store different then the one I worked at) and leaving off BBV or maybe putting my old store manager (before the one I had issues with) as my last supervisor...I figure they have it recorded that I worked there, but I know atleast my last store manager never checked references anyway.

Last edited by TheShooter87; December 13th, 2010 at 05:32 AM.
Unread November 30th, 2010, 04:27 PM
IHBB GOD

No I have not sorry, I am a hot head though hahaha

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; November 30th, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Unread December 11th, 2010, 02:34 PM

^is there a way to retake the new test? i remember the old one you could just reapply and take the test at the end, but now it doesnt seem like the test appears

im still trying to reapply at BBV, and before I start nagging HR trying to figure out if my old SM put something on my file that is making people ignore my app, I figured id try re doing the test
Unread December 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter87 View Post
^is there a way to retake the new test? i remember the old one you could just reapply and take the test at the end, but now it doesnt seem like the test appears

im still trying to reapply at BBV, and before I start nagging HR trying to figure out if my old SM put something on my file that is making people ignore my app, I figured id try re doing the test
WHy do you insist on working for a failing company? Oh, the test, I believe is only available ever 3 months to you.
The top Poster!
Unread December 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM

^Well i figured it would be easy to get back in at another store, because of my prior experience, and because as a part time job while im in college, BBV atleast in my area wasnt that bad

the thing that drove me to quit, was a combination of being Full-Time (something I remedied by going back to school) and then my old SM leaving (whom I was the 'go to guy' for, I was his 2nd in command basically, we werent allowed an ASM) and then the new SM came in, and brought his own team in...without even really giving me a chance my hours were butchered to about 8 a week with them then begging me to come in on the weekends once they realized they needed me.

when I heard from a loyal/longtime customer, that he overheard the SM talking to one of her SL's saying that "I (referring to me) wouldnt be around" much longer...when I heard this, I got the hell out of dodge ASAP.

Ironically this SM was later terminated from what I heard, so atleast some sense of justice happened
Unread December 11th, 2010, 07:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Is there a link?
Can we take it online?
Unread December 11th, 2010, 08:43 PM
IHBB GOD

http://www.stupidtester.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
djsdojo (December 12th, 2010)
Unread December 12th, 2010, 03:49 AM

Why exactly are they giving out personality tests? To make sure you're enough of a pushover that you wont scream too loudly when they bend you over and stick a pickle up your ass or...?
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (December 12th, 2010)
Unread December 12th, 2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Is there a link?
Can we take it online?
Kaw, its at the end of the application

most retail places have these now, totally pointless IMO
Unread December 12th, 2010, 08:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Then it is perfect for BBV