I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread February 6th, 2010, 07:22 AM

Am I Wrong To Ask For A Pay Raise ?

Ok so I know the company is having a HUGE problem right now no raises or bonuses etc. I have work for blockbuster for 3 years. I started out at minimum wage . Then after I sold over 70 GTA presales by myself I got this big raise "so they say". Well it's been over 2 years now minimum wage has gone up and now that is what I am making. Everyone CSR / manger at my store gets hired the same pay as me or more. I really don't think this is fair. I mean I have been with blockbuster for over 3 years. I am still a CSR by choice, I run my own company and I don't want to be full time. I spoke to my store manager and she won't even ask our district manager. I am thinking of asking my self. I doubt I will get any where ? Any input on this would be nice.
Unread February 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
IHBB Freak

lol. you will not find what you're looking for at blockbuster.
Unread February 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM

there is absolutely NO pay negotiation right now because of a) the state the company is in and b) they can find any person to do your job *maybe not as well* for minimum wage. By going over your store managers head and asking your DM for a raise is probably only going to piss your SM off.
Unread February 9th, 2010, 12:22 AM

I would wait a month to see if Blockbuster is going to do raises anyways. My DM said last year that there is no way they would freeze pay rates for 2 years in a row. Although he also said not to quote him on that... but I think I just did... oops. Anyways, if they announce they are or aren't, then decide. I think if they pass on paying the front line a tiny bit more than people such as yourself should speak up. I think even if we were told pick 3 team members that have earned a raise based on merrit, that would even be better than no one at all. And if they still can't do that, then what the hell. I'd be pissed. I know it is rough times but I hate seeing corporate wallets expand while our wallets can barely afford to pay the bills.

There has been a bunch of restructuring lately so who knows. Anything could happen. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to libra For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (February 10th, 2010)
Unread February 9th, 2010, 06:22 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGuy View Post
Ok so I know the company is having a HUGE problem right now no raises or bonuses etc. I have work for blockbuster for 3 years. I started out at minimum wage . Then after I sold over 70 GTA presales by myself I got this big raise "so they say". Well it's been over 2 years now minimum wage has gone up and now that is what I am making. Everyone CSR / manger at my store gets hired the same pay as me or more. I really don't think this is fair. I mean I have been with blockbuster for over 3 years. I am still a CSR by choice, I run my own company and I don't want to be full time. I spoke to my store manager and she won't even ask our district manager. I am thinking of asking my self. I doubt I will get any where ? Any input on this would be nice.
Your probably shit out of luck on that one, how can they give a raise when they are cutting people right and left. Maybe it's time to jump ship.
The top Poster!
Unread February 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input everyone. I kinda figured it I wouldn't get anywhere. I just think it's bull shit they pay new people more then me, when I have been with blockbuster for 3 years. I bet the company goes under this year. We earned are crazy store bonus goal that no one makes and they took it away. Who does that, I guess just blockbuster. I am about to just jump the ship. Movie rentals keep going up. There almost 6 dollars at my store. Blockbuster needs to do something fast.
Unread February 11th, 2010, 04:35 PM
IHBB GOD

SIX dollars for a movie rental? That is insane!
Unread February 11th, 2010, 04:36 PM
IHBB GOD

Wrong? NO Stupid? YES

Come on .. the unemployment rate is double digits. Everyone is easily replaced right now ....
johnlow71 (February 12th, 2010)
Unread February 13th, 2011, 11:38 PM

The next raise you get will be at your new job.
Want a great job, full of fun, endless opportunities and FREE Movie & Game Rentals? Find it here, at Blockbuster! We're frequently looking for motivated, dynamic employees in all areas of our company.
The Following User Says Thank You to YodaVSBBV For This Useful Post:
djblade (February 14th, 2011)
Unread February 14th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGuy View Post
....I just think it's bull shit they pay new people more then me, when I have been with blockbuster for 3 years...
I'm a SL getting $8.60 and they just hired a new SL for $11. More than our 4 years experience SAM gets! How's that for bullshit?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underemployed For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (February 14th, 2011), Hot Head (February 14th, 2011)