I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM
IHBB GOD

i'd like to get arrested for sex. best proof you're not a virgin... without having kids, that is.

=3
Unread April 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
The talk in the other thread about the lousy POS system reminded me of a trick I thought about trying during the last days of our store.

The 3rd-party gift cards are useless until we scan them. Upon doing so, a "retrieving data" window pops up as the system calls the gift card manufacturer saying "hey, activate this card." When it's finished, it activates and charges the amount.

If the customer then changes his mind, you have to do a void. When you scan the card to void it out, it sends another data request to the manufacturer saying "so now the dope doesn't want it," and the card is deactivated.

But suppose you scanned a card and let it activate.

Then you restarted the station.

a) would the charge for the card disappear? Presumably, yes...everything else does when you restart, as long as you don't hit TOTAL first.
b) would the card's activation be canceled? That's the big mystery. Frankly, I don't think the computers are smart enough to do that.
c) would there be any record of the sale? Is there a report somewhere that says "3rd party gift card sold", regardless of whether the transaction was completed? Does the manufacturer get a message saying "card sold at store BBVXXXXX but not paid for?"

If the answer to those questions are, in order, yes / no / no, then...I don't think any further explanation is necessary.

Obviously the cards would be missing at inventory (unless you made the bold move of writing the numbers down and leaving the cards, which would mean scratching off the security seal), but lots of random things are missing at inventory.

I'm asking for a friend.
Confirmed does not work.... tried a reset locked station, and a hard reboot... amount stays on non-member as well as random customer account. Myth = BUSTED

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Unread April 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnman84 View Post
Confirmed does not work.... tried a reset locked station, and a hard reboot... amount stays on non-member as well as random customer account. Myth = BUSTED
They must have finally fixed it. I'm actually amazed.
Unread April 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
i'd like to get arrested for sex. best proof you're not a virgin... without having kids, that is.
ANd you would then have jail sex..........eeewww.....
The top Poster!
Unread April 21st, 2011, 09:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnman84 View Post
Be careful your ass may be busted next, don't fuck with control alt delete.