I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Fire you? I don't know.
@HotHead....they closed my store in April. The handling of this latest round of closings was piss poor. My SM got the call from our inebriated DL on February 15. They took away our severance. They didn't pay out on the first round of TA "incentives". My SM...the best manager I ever had... did not get his PTO or his retention bonus. My disgust for BB....it runs deep on many levels.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Firefly For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM

I have looked for the facebook page and havent found it. would someone pm me a link?
thanks
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
IHBB Freak

I won't sign it either. It might put a target on me, but so what? I do my job with complete integrity. They'll have to dig deep, or play dirty, if they want to fire me.

Although I might go through my old posts and delete anything that might potentially narrow down my identity. I don't want to go out like that.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
IHBB Freak

Someone needs to take this form, act like they're about to sign it (but only with RDO present) and promptly drop trou, wink like a shitt-eating grin with your eyes, and wipe the ever loving hell out of their ass with it.

Seriously, I can't fucking STAND thought and critical censorship. Looks like Dish isn't doing anything to make Blockbuster any better, and as a customer, this ensures that I will be speaking with my money and not using a single cent in their stores. It's like Dish bought a big steaming turd, and instead of flushing it and replacing it with gold, they just spray painted the turd gold and want to pretend that this steamer is a veritable bonanza.

Dish, you had the opportunity to improve and turn around an ailing company. Instead, like the Who have said, you're just the same as the old boss. If this shit didn't work under it's own power, what in the blue hell makes you think it'll work under your iron fist? A gold painted turd is still a fucking turd. Several good employees have given you input in how to turn the company's fortunes around, and what do you do? Censor it.

Although I love my new job enough to not want to criticize it anonymously, at least they would give me that option. I guess I'm just mad for my former coworkers, because I managed to escape whilst they're still stuck under the same shitty company with a different shitty ownership.

You could've been different, Dish. You could've made Blockbuster mean something again. And if this is any indication on how you do business, it'll be a cold day in hell before I sign up for anything else Dish has its hands in. I'd rather support a company that actually cares for it's employees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (May 23rd, 2011), Baby Firefly (May 23rd, 2011), Big Dog (May 23rd, 2011), djsdojo (May 25th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (May 23rd, 2011), Hot Head (May 23rd, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (May 23rd, 2011), psycoma (May 22nd, 2011)
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
IHBB Freak

Just a few months ago, the National Labor Relations Board, which oversees the administration of federal labor law, prosecuted a company that fired an employee for a negative remark she made about her boss on Facebook. The NLRB's investigation found the company's internet usage policy was overly restrictive because it prevented employees from making any negative remarks when discussing supervisors or the company.

Now, we're not technically covered by the National Labor Relations Act, because we aren't union, but some states do have labor codes that protect situations like this. Everyone here should educate themselves on what their rights are, so that we do not sign any of them away.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Propoxy For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 24th, 2011), Hot Head (May 23rd, 2011), muthaflippin (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 12:07 AM

I don't work for Blockbuster now, but if I did, it would be a cold day in hell before I signed away my right of free speech to hang on to the 10$ / hour ASM position I used to hold.
The Following User Says Thank You to TelePizza For This Useful Post:
psycoma (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelePizza View Post
I don't work for Blockbuster now, but if I did, it would be a cold day in hell before I signed away my right of free speech to hang on to the 10$ / hour ASM position I used to hold.
Yes I would second this if your will to give up freedom of speech what else can people take from you?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
psycoma (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 05:06 AM
IHBB Freak

Are the Powers That Be at Dish a bunch of test tube babies who were raised in a lab, completely devoid of contact with the outside world?

Because I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone with an ounce of common sense or experience in the real world would think that giving your employees the commandment "Thou shalt not badmouth the almighty employer" would actually result in the employees keeping quiet. If I still worked for BB, that would only make me more likely to vent online (although I'd take pains to be discreet).

Sadly, this sort of thing is all too common now. A lot of employers have tried to implement that rule. Well, good luck with that. Bitching about your boss/employer is damn near an Olympic sport these days. Just be cautious in the details you post. Talking trash on your real FB account is just an example of the employment version of Darwinism.

Hey Dish... you don't want your employees speaking badly of you?

Here's a crazy idea: don't give them reason to.
Baby Firefly (May 23rd, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (June 17th, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (May 23rd, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 05:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Are BBI employees out of the frying pan and now into the fire?
The top Poster!
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
I liked his posts, maybe he'll come back.
Where did BBSMGR694U go?