I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
As will a lot of people..the point was to get rid of as many brick and mortars as possible, get to the streaming, which they have done, and utilize the stores they do have left to sell their cable and to cater to the customers who are in the area or around the area.
The point was to stabilize Blockbuster. Remember it was about the money coming in and out. They felt safe around 950 stores. They want to rebuild and become profitable which right now they are. Then they will spread if they want too. Its a smart business decision instead of trying to keep every single store open and struggle at the same time. Its to much pressure

and Yes Blockbuster is aware of streaming but apparently isn't there yet. Give it another 3-4 years when bandwidth is cheaper and
"http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-03/tech/30353903_1_aol-access-subscribers-access-business " <-- I found this funny lol

Last edited by djblade; April 16th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Unread April 16th, 2012, 08:40 PM

Yea nice, too bad its been online for the last month
Unread April 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
get to the streaming.
You know I just pictured that little baby in the army hat yelling that, right?
Unread April 17th, 2012, 06:11 PM

i saw a blockbuster store on ebay the other day. Unfortunately i didn't have an extra 25 bucks to spend.
Unread April 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
IHBB GOD

As anyone run out yet
Unread April 18th, 2012, 02:36 AM
IHBB GOD

on opening day we had like 7 left on shelf from 100. today let rainchecks reign!
Unread April 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
on opening day we had like 7 left on shelf from 100. today let rainchecks reign!
ahhahaha yeah. Have you had any bluray people come up to you saying "You out of bluray, does that mean I get a raincheck?" When you have plenty of dvds
Unread April 18th, 2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
The point was to stabilize Blockbuster. Remember it was about the money coming in and out. They felt safe around 950 stores. They want to rebuild and become profitable which right now they are. Then they will spread if they want too. Its a smart business decision instead of trying to keep every single store open and struggle at the same time. Its to much pressure

and Yes Blockbuster is aware of streaming but apparently isn't there yet. Give it another 3-4 years when bandwidth is cheaper and
"http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-03/tech/30353903_1_aol-access-subscribers-access-business " <-- I found this funny lol
If Blockbuster ever wants to make money for streaming movies, they need to get their act together NOW. Since I left Blockbuster, I got a job delivering, seting up, and calibrating TVs and I can tell you that Blockbuster is really lacking in availability for its streaming service. I hook up TVs from 5 of the major companies, and Blockbuster is only available on Samsung products, where as Netflix, Vudu, and Cinema Now services are avaliable on pretty much all the major TV companies products.

It's a fact that more and more people are getting into streaming movies, and if Blockbuster doesn't get its streaming service available on more products, it's going to be left even further behind. It'll be just like almost every other venture Blockbuster has gone into in the past ten years (Blockbuster online, BB on demand, the vending machines) where they jump in several years too late when other companies laid the ground work and have an established customer base, and wonder why they aren't dominating the market.
Unread April 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Blockbuster had a lot of bullets, for shooting their feet off, in fact they really don't have a leg to stand on anymore.
The top Poster!
Unread April 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Your right, Blockbuster needs to get its act together like years and years ago under the old CEO (not Jim Keyes) When Netflix first started, Blockbuster could have easily brought it out but refuse to change their paradigm. Which now, Netflix is in the lead. Today, companies need to realized their paradigm and how the see the next shift so they wont' fail. Blockbuster was the most stubborn company out there that refused to changed. CEO's need to realized it doesn't matter how much money you make or how much your stock is worth, you always have to be prepared for the next paradigm shift.

For Blockbuster, they are making a lot of changes (Good ones so far) By cutting down stores and feeling comfortable at a right amount. They are going to change their Blockbuster stores in something new (totally new) I seen some plans and I'm not sure they will work

We might see bigger changes in the streaming business next year but this year might be a surprise lol. They have been beta testing, seeing if people really do watch it by release new movies that are not out on dvd or bluray. When streaming movies because the biggest thing, Youtube will get all the money

Top 10 U.S. Online Destinations for Video
1 -YouTube----------------------------111,152 ,000*
2 -VEVO-------------------------------34,580 ,000
3 -Facebook --------------------------29,802 ,000
4 -Yahoo! ----------------------------25,324 ,000
5 - MSN/WindowsLive/Bing-------------16,563 ,000
6 - AOL Media Network---------------- 13,327 ,000
7 - Hulu--------------------------------13,159 ,000
8 -The CollegeHumor Network-----------12,496 ,000
9 - CNN Digital Network ----------------8,262 ,000
10 Netflix------------------------------7,418 ,000

Source: Nielsen
*Per Month 2011

Last edited by djblade; April 18th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.