I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread September 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM

Human Resources Contact Info, HELP

Today I took my daughter to see the Dr for medical issues. The Dr informed me that my daughter needs to get an MRI done first thing in the morning. I am suppose to work 10am-3pm tomorrow. I went into work to tell the store manager that I need help finding someone to cover my shift for only two hours in the morning. She was on a call so I left a very nice note asking her is she could work for me or help me find someone to work for me, only those two hours.

Not long after I left she sent me a text, ' I have class. So I won’t be able to do it. Ask Laura.

Me to SAM; I need help covering my shift. I have sent texts out and no replies. I have to be there for my daughter, she trumps any class.

From SAM: I can’t miss my class missy. I’m sorry. Try M*** or P****.

Me to SAM: Sams job to help cover shift! I help everyone cover their shifts now I need help

From SAM: My name. I can not do it. I have class. There’s no missing my test tomorrow. I’m sorry.

Me to SAM: Under family medical leave I will be taking my daughter to the hospital. Now it’s up to you to have someone or you cover my shift.

The SAM then told a fellow employee that went in to drop her movies off that she was 'done with Me'. My co-worker said that the SAM was obviously mad and letting everyone in the store know how mad she was. All I did was call her out on her job. It is her job to help cover a shift or to help find someone to cover the shift. Like I said above, MY daughter trumps any class. The SAM informed my c0-worker that she was going to talk to the Store Manager tomorrow to see 'what can get done with her (ME)'. Not my first prob with the SAM.

Anyway does anyone know how I can talk to someone at Human Resources before she talks to the Store Manager?

The SAM at our store is harassing me, ruining my reputation among co-workers and customers, she is now threatening me with my job, and too much more to write out.

Please help me. The Store Manager is not doing anything. I have been there for over 2 years, my job is very important to me but my daughter does come first.
Unread September 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM

i would go to ethics point rather than HR to be honest with you, they're higher up in the whole scheme of things

thats big time BS, sounds exactly like something that would happen at my store
Unread September 28th, 2009, 11:01 PM
IHBB GOD

So the SM and SAM both have class?
Unread September 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM

You, gave proper notice, it's on them to deal with it, covering it themselves or finding someone from another store to do it.
You should also point out that SAMs and SMs are required to have open availability.
Unread September 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
IHBB GOD

geez, anyone at our store could and would have easily just texted someone else and minutes later, shift covered. wallah!

but yeah if you have problems with your SAM, i say just ignore her and make sure you've got your grounds covered with your other coworkers.
Unread September 28th, 2009, 11:11 PM
IHBB GOD

I'm a SAM and certain times I ask off, but I'm the first to fill the shift. Its my job to be available. Unless I'm out of town.
Unread September 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
ruining my reputation among co-workers
Sounds like you're the one ruining your own reputation.

It is solely your responsibility to find someone to cover your shift. You can't badger someone else into doing it just because your personal conflict "trumps" theirs in your eyes (and in this case it does, but that certainly does not mean they are by any means obligated to help you). You call each of your coworkers yourself, and if you don't get help, then you start calling other stores until you do. If for some reason you still can't get help, then you call your store and say sorry, take care of your daughter, and deal with the consequences later.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread September 29th, 2009, 04:13 AM
IHBB Freak

Where's the store manager in all of this?

Family should be everyone's first priority.
Unread September 29th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Sounds like you're the one ruining your own reputation.
Yeah, this is not the case.
As long as you gave ample notification that you wouldn't be able to cover the shift,
regardless of whether or not it's a valid excuse (this seems to be),
you've done your part and it's on the management find coverage.
Unread September 29th, 2009, 08:57 AM
IHBB Freak

You should have contacted your DM after no one would fill your shift. Letting him/her know that you had to take a medical leave and explain the whole situation. My old DM would have grilled my store's management team and would have found someone to cover the shift.. even if they were from a different store in the District.