I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 11th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
Really?
That's what I was told. IHBB isn't a hidden site, a lot of people are aware of the site. It's not a bad thing, in fact, I was told a lot of managers learn how to deal with customers better by the leading examples provided by people who raise issues here. Not my own words, just what I was told.

When I went into the 1st interview, I explained I am a savvy online person & a dedicated movie guy. Since I make frequent visits to BB (about 2-3 a week) I figured why not work here? I learned a lot about the practices of BB through this site, you learn everyday. Honesty is what it is and something I respect. When I visit my local BB, it's sad, they know me by name and face, what movies I like, and what I buy without me even flashing the card...lol.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 02:59 PM
IHBB GOD

A second interview is almost never a bad thing. My guess is you'll be hired within the next few weeks. Sometimes it can take a while. There's the interview, possibility of a second (or even third), background check, then orientation. It's really not much different from any other mainstream hiring process. Good luck!
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread June 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM

At my store, if the SM ever bothers calling you (which he only does after we have 3-4 people quit and are forced to give all our remaining CSR's overtime), you're as good as hired.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM

I remember my two "interviews" were basically my old sm shoving store policy down my throat and enjoying the sound of his own voice for two hours straight...in each session. God I hated that guy. Thank god they pink slipped him by my third month.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
IHBB GOD

Mystery man - First off welcome to the board.

Second off - DO NOT tell your manager that you even know about this site. It can lead to trouble, because it can be considered a conflect(sp?) of interest and can lead to you being fired/not hired. Also, don't post the names of your co-workers/customers on the board, it will lead to a roasting by the others on the board.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
That's what I was told. IHBB isn't a hidden site, a lot of people are aware of the site. It's not a bad thing, in fact, I was told a lot of managers learn how to deal with customers better by the leading examples provided by people who raise issues here. Not my own words, just what I was told.
My sarcasm meter is going through the roof. Yours must be non-existent.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 09:43 PM

I was told that the position available was a four star training. Obviously I'm dumb so I have no idea what this position actually is, other than "standby" manager. Maybe some of you can clue me in.

As for the 2nd interview, I was told I'm BB savvy and was told that the manager would contact me.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
IHBB GOD

4 star is basically a CSR with keys. You will rarely run your own shift, but when you do it is because another manager is on vacation or something. You can also pimp yourself out to other stores to pick up extra hours.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
4 star is basically a CSR with keys. You will rarely run your own shift, but when you do it is because another manager is on vacation or something. You can also pimp yourself out to other stores to pick up extra hours.
It can also mean an underpaid manager taking the shifts real managers don't want. Some stores abuse it to save on management hours, or if the managers already hired can't work many hours.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 11:16 PM

My advice is to not take the 4 star position. You're better off being just a regular ol' CSR. Why? If you're supposed to be on duty with another management person, and they have the slightest disdain for their job, chances are they'll call out and ask you to play manager. It's not worth the money, stress, drama, and stupidity. And it's those four words that prevent this company from being a better one. I'm not complaining, mind you. I love being a CSR. The idiots that I've worked with (including one that had 5 grandmothers die, curiously enough, five minutes before the start of her shift on Friday nights) are a dime a dozen. If you are hired, do your best to stay out of the drama and gossip. Stay away from those that call out repeatedly (and NEVER offer to cover their shifts--it's the kiss of death) and basically do nothing at work. Stay away from those that always seem to have excuses as to why they can't work--for example, they have an emergency doctor's appointment located 80 miles away from home, their kidney stones act up on weekend nights and therefore can't come in to work, are always "wrongfully" pulled over by the cops and have to call out because they have to make a court appearance, have to be with their cousin, 5 times removed, who's in the hospital 2 states away because they consider it a "family emergency"--and these are real life examples I'm using.....

Boy do I wish for surprise drug testing.......After the dust settles, it would be sooo nicer to work here.