I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread June 13th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
Mystery Man, LP had ruled that as long as it was on their non-employee account employees could use the snack card. Of course your free employee rentals don't work with it, but if you're a paying customer who rents under normal terms, there's no legitimate reason you can't participate in total snackcess.

If something different is being done where you're at, I'd tactfully ask the store manager to clarify that for you. Sure, it's probably not that big a deal, but you're going to be punished enough working at Blockbuster as it is, why give up something you already paid for?

And as for BB by mail, they've once again found a way to shoot themselves in the foot. Netflix customers are too loyal to switch for a whole $1 in savings, so it's really only helping reduce revenue since the majority of people who will switch are the ones on total access who don't make use of the online rentals.

As for new members, in store customers signing up can obviously make use of in store exchanges, and at home signups have never been BB's strength anyway since BBOnline had such a rocky beginning and netflix is so well branded.
Unread June 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Hopefully the BBObymail envelopes simply wont work with exchanges and will only be scannable in checkin mode.

I received an email about this yesterday. On the by mail only envelops, The first two numbers below the barcode will be different from those that are exchangeable. So, I'm sure the POS will know the difference.

I just hope the goons at the Distribution Center doesn't fxck it up. i.e. Sending non-exchangeable envelopes.. to Total Access members.. or sending exchangeable envelopes to mailer order only customers....

I see lots of credits in my future.... great......
Unread June 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
I received an email about this yesterday. On the by mail only envelops, The first two numbers below the barcode will be different from those that are exchangeable. So, I'm sure the POS will know the difference.

I just hope the goons at the Distribution Center doesn't fxck it up. i.e. Sending non-exchangeable envelopes.. to Total Access members.. or sending exchangeable envelopes to mailer order only customers....

I see lots of credits in my future.... great......
On the online exchange screen, there is now a "cancel rentals" option. Perhaps that will save on credits?
Unread June 13th, 2007, 11:33 AM
IHBB Freak

BBI stocks are up .35 today after the "price drop" announcement. Netflix stocks are down. Again, it's all about the investors.
Unread June 13th, 2007, 09:58 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
BBI stocks are up .35 today after the "price drop" announcement. Netflix stocks are down. Again, it's all about the investors.
Actually it was up .32 but netflix dipped below $20 ( 19.42) for the first time I have seen.
The top Poster!
Unread June 14th, 2007, 07:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CureForEmo View Post
Mystery Man, LP had ruled that as long as it was on their non-employee account employees could use the snack card. Of course your free employee rentals don't work with it, but if you're a paying customer who rents under normal terms, there's no legitimate reason you can't participate in total snackcess.

If something different is being done where you're at, I'd tactfully ask the store manager to clarify that for you. Sure, it's probably not that big a deal, but you're going to be punished enough working at Blockbuster as it is, why give up something you already paid for?

And as for BB by mail, they've once again found a way to shoot themselves in the foot. Netflix customers are too loyal to switch for a whole $1 in savings, so it's really only helping reduce revenue since the majority of people who will switch are the ones on total access who don't make use of the online rentals.

As for new members, in store customers signing up can obviously make use of in store exchanges, and at home signups have never been BB's strength anyway since BBOnline had such a rocky beginning and netflix is so well branded.
we were told we couldnt use the snack cards at all. so we didnt. hell, we are all playing "hot potato" our TA returns now. I think half my crew is going to switch to the mail only version, just because the gray area sucks. and for us, its not about the monthly fee, its about not wanting to get fired...