I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 29th, 2010, 05:56 AM
IHBB GOD

to that note, i'm not a drinker of soda and the day they got rid of the iced tea was the day blockbuster instantly lost a bundle for every shift i work.
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
djblade (April 30th, 2010)
Unread April 29th, 2010, 03:57 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
to that note, i'm not a drinker of soda and the day they got rid of the iced tea was the day blockbuster instantly lost a bundle for every shift i work.
Huh. I thought the Nestea that we sold at the Island store when I temped there was a fluke. Go figure. It was cleared out about a week after I started because it was out of date.
Unread April 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM

I too am frustrated that we have no control over our beverage options. Our store loves gold peak teas but just a couple weeks ago those got blocked by Blockbuster. I also feel if we had Nestea that'd be awesome, but I prefer gold peak tea, lemon flavored tea isn't my thing. The non-soda drinkers want something besides water. And to those who said they wanted mt dew, vault was a great option.

Those stupid 1 liters, I refuse to order them. I already have 6 expired cases in my office. But my DM wants me to order more to match the planogram. Do they realize we pay for the items we order, so ordering stuff that you know will end up expired in the office is a horrible idea. Eventually do they want me to have 100 expired cases in my office? (sarcasm) And coke gets really mean when you tell them you have expireds. We have had a couple of bad experiences so no one wants to call it in.
Unread April 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra View Post
I too am frustrated that we have no control over our beverage options. Our store loves gold peak teas but just a couple weeks ago those got blocked by Blockbuster. I also feel if we had Nestea that'd be awesome, but I prefer gold peak tea, lemon flavored tea isn't my thing. The non-soda drinkers want something besides water. And to those who said they wanted mt dew, vault was a great option.

Those stupid 1 liters, I refuse to order them. I already have 6 expired cases in my office. But my DM wants me to order more to match the planogram. Do they realize we pay for the items we order, so ordering stuff that you know will end up expired in the office is a horrible idea. Eventually do they want me to have 100 expired cases in my office? (sarcasm) And coke gets really mean when you tell them you have expireds. We have had a couple of bad experiences so no one wants to call it in.
A couple of things...
Trust me, as someone who once had a serious Mt. Dew problem, Vault is not a viable alternative. Green + sugar + caffeine does not necessarily equal a yummy beverage (although it doesn't hurt).

As for dealing with Coke about expired product, yeah, we've been down that road too. I remember a pile of Coke that had been sitting in the back since Bush was in office.
Bush Sr.
Well, I exaggerate, but not by much.
Unread April 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
A couple of things...
Trust me, as someone who once had a serious Mt. Dew problem, Vault is not a viable alternative. Green + sugar + caffeine does not necessarily equal a yummy beverage (although it doesn't hurt).
Speaking of which, has anyone else tried the new Dew flavors yet? I've had all 3 of them now, but the only one that's any good is the "Typhoon Punch" and that one is really just the old "Game Fuel" flavor slightly tweeked. Currently "White Out" is in the lead @ dewmocracy.com and that's the worst new flavor IMO! Fortunately it only has a 1 point lead over Typhoon.

Unread April 30th, 2010, 12:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Do the DEW! Extreme!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
DarkRider23 (April 30th, 2010)
Unread April 30th, 2010, 07:34 AM
IHBB GOD

lol

wow abhorrent, you are not the first person i know that's had a problem with the dew.

my friend's uncle had an addiction to mt dew and if he didn't get any in a certain time period, the guy would start shaking. no lie.

oh and yeah, nestea at other stores tends not to do well. but most of the employees at our store and a good chunk of our customers don't drink soda and nestea/gold peak was constantly sold out.
Unread April 30th, 2010, 07:54 AM
IHBB Freak

We sold Nestea in my store, and I loved it cuz it has the lemon taste. It was overpowered by sugar like Gold Peak.

I tried the new Mt. Dew flavors... the white one is so gross! It tastes like syrup topped with soda. I like the green one with the lime twist... can't remember the name. I guess I like those drinks that have a little "hint" of lemon or lime in them. Sprite is never an alternative for me though.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread April 30th, 2010, 08:48 AM
IHBB GOD

I remember a few years ago MT.Dew had a rewards point thing going on to buy merch, my friend that worked for them brought me home 2 rolls of point stickers to use. Got 2 mini fridges, hats bags and lots of other stuff.
The top Poster!
Unread April 30th, 2010, 08:51 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Angel View Post
Speaking of which, has anyone else tried the new Dew flavors yet? I've had all 3 of them now, but the only one that's any good is the "Typhoon Punch" and that one is really just the old "Game Fuel" flavor slightly tweeked. Currently "White Out" is in the lead @ dewmocracy.com and that's the worst new flavor IMO! Fortunately it only has a 1 point lead over Typhoon.
I dare not try them. I'm still getting over a pretty ugly relapse when Code Red first came out.
The bastards... keep on tempting me with new colors... must... stay... strong.

Well, maybe I'll just try a sip. I can quit anytime I want!