I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread April 15th, 2008, 01:56 PM

That yellow plastic locking thing...

So I get home and I noticed that my DVD still has that locking pin inserted in the case and I can't get it open. Ugghhhh!!!!!! I guess I should've been more vigilant when he handed them (had a game rental too) to me. I don't feel like driving all the way back there right now (about 3 mi.). I'm about to give them a call and see what they want me to do. I can probably get down there AGAIN tonight but I hope I get some kind of "compensation" -- a FREE rental perhaps?
Unread April 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
IHBB GOD

If you go down there and be nice about it they may give you a free rental. They don't have to, so it depends on what their attitude is.

Otherwise you can just cut the thing open, and there's lots of ways of doing that. Ideally you'd cut along the side and take the cover art out before really ripping into it (so they can use it for a replacement case later), but since you've been inconvenienced there's not much stopping you from totally destroying it. Just be careful, don't fuck up the disc, and don't lose the barcode label.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread April 15th, 2008, 06:25 PM
IHBB Freak

I offered a customer a free bag of popcorn once when he had a lock in his movie. He hadn't asked for anything, but I was trying to be nice. He flipped out. "That's ridiculous to offer me something that costs you TWELEVE CENTS! GIVE ME A FREE RENTAL!!!"

He went home without a free rental or a bag of popcorn.
Unread April 15th, 2008, 08:00 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerguy69 View Post
So I get home and I noticed that my DVD still has that locking pin inserted in the case and I can't get it open. Ugghhhh!!!!!! I guess I should've been more vigilant when he handed them (had a game rental too) to me. I don't feel like driving all the way back there right now (about 3 mi.). I'm about to give them a call and see what they want me to do. I can probably get down there AGAIN tonight but I hope I get some kind of "compensation" -- a FREE rental perhaps?
Yep, this happens sometimes. I usually give the customer a free rental for having to drive back(with the cost of gas now). Just don't go off the handle when you go back, we do make mistakes you know.
The top Poster!
Unread April 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Yep, this happens sometimes. I usually give the customer a free rental for having to drive back(with the cost of gas now). Just don't go off the handle when you go back, we do make mistakes you know.
It's understandable. I had a game which he had to retrieve from another drawer behind the counter PLUS a coupon. Removing the locking pin just slipped his mind.

Anyways, I didn't call but just took the movie back and showed them the pin still on the case. The clerk apologized, removed it, and handed it back to me which took about 10 seconds. I stood there and just sort of asked calmly, "ummm. . . I drove all the way back. Could I at least get a free rental?" Another clerk, manager perhaps, gave me the OK to choose another older movie for free.

I'm satisfied everything worked out alright.

BTW, it was a different clerk from the time I was there at 4 p.m. Took the movie back around 8:30.
Unread April 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
BTW, it was a different clerk from the time I was there at 4 p.m. Took the movie back around 8:30.
The change of guard usually happens at 5. Incidentally there's usually a SHITSTORM OF PROBLEMS that also occurs right at 5 and the queue and phone lines fill up with customers with complex difficult multipart questions.
Unread April 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
It's understandable. I had a game which he had to retrieve from another drawer behind the counter PLUS a coupon. Removing the locking pin just slipped his mind.

Anyways, I didn't call but just took the movie back and showed them the pin still on the case. The clerk apologized, removed it, and handed it back to me which took about 10 seconds. I stood there and just sort of asked calmly, "ummm. . . I drove all the way back. Could I at least get a free rental?" Another clerk, manager perhaps, gave me the OK to choose another older movie for free.

I'm satisfied everything worked out alright.

Funny, we are told not to lock games that are in the drawer.
And 4-5 can be crazy, but glad you were satisfied. A lot of customers just go off the handle.
The top Poster!
Unread April 16th, 2008, 08:58 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
I think gamerguy meant he had a movie (that was locked) as well as a game, and the BBV employee forgot to unlock the movie b/c he had to concentrate on getting the game and on the coupon that the customer had.
Unread April 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM

When I worked at Blockbuster, I wouldn't have given you a credit. Mostly because we had to keep our credits down.
Unread April 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbait View Post
When I worked at Blockbuster, I wouldn't have given you a credit. Mostly because we had to keep our credits down.
This brings up an interesting point and 1 I used to often ponder.

Because of the strict controls on ANY type of credits [voids which for the life of me I've never been able to figure out why they should count], but how much in loyalty or customer satisfaction is really lost because an employee or manager was afraid or worried about giving out a credit or voiding something off. These are most likely numbers anyone will never see ,but I would bet because of the strict control on any type credit over there years it has cost many a customer and could also fall in conjunction with drops in active members.

BBv has been so strict on credits that I could trying see how it can negatively affect the customer experience. I do understand on the other side of training and abuse and their school of thought could be well so and so can do it. But is so and so, or hasnt so and so also quietly hurt their customer base also or maybe not achieved the growth they could have.

Unless something has changed over the last few months since i left, the fact that joe customer can come in and bring you 4 rentals and not have cash or because his kid is screaming just says forget it no movies for you and doesnt pay, then you void , it actually ruins your credits for the day and could hinder the week. You just have to ponder out there, how many in the various manager levels have had a customer rent say a Bee movie and you say ok thats 13.88 for all 3, then they say o wait you have National treasure, I want to get that instead of Bee movie. Then employee says, once its rung up and totalled I cant change it. Customer gets a little irked and says fine and pays, but maybe doesnt come back so much or not at all. All these little scenarios no one ever hears about.

Anyway just something I always thought about for years.