I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 14th, 2006, 09:24 AM

A week and a half into Total Access

Hey,

Wondering how everybody is feeling about Total Access so far? Yes, yes, yes, I know there have been a couple of threads about Total Access and I am sure I am going to get the obligatory flame about it, but I'd just like to know in general what y'all feelings are to this new program.

As for me and my store - It was exciting at first, a new lap-top, in store returns, new stickers on the windows and by the new releases. But as the last couple of days has moved on, I find that most of my colleagues are just tired of selling it to customers. The most difficult part is getting someone to take the time and sign-up online in the store.

How does everybody else feel about the program?

Go Eagles!!!
Unread November 14th, 2006, 09:37 AM

The program itself is nice. The amount of pressure that they're putting on us to push this...not nice. I think it's a great program but I think they're expectations were a little too high in thinking that now every single customer that walks through that door better not leave unless they sign up.
Unread November 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Hey,

Wondering how everybody is feeling about Total Access so far? Yes, yes, yes, I know there have been a couple of threads about Total Access and I am sure I am going to get the obligatory flame about it, but I'd just like to know in general what y'all feelings are to this new program.

As for me and my store - It was exciting at first, a new lap-top, in store returns, new stickers on the windows and by the new releases. But as the last couple of days has moved on, I find that most of my colleagues are just tired of selling it to customers. The most difficult part is getting someone to take the time and sign-up online in the store.

How does everybody else feel about the program?

Go Eagles!!!
It's a neat little program. I'd definately choose it over Netflix if I wasn't an employee of big blue. But, as you said, it gets tedious pushing it so much. But its like that with every new program...
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread November 14th, 2006, 10:13 AM
IHBB GOD

good program, most people that dont sign up just dont get it, that its basically unlimited rentals for only$17.99 a month, duhhh thats a great deal. but they hate the whole computer thing. o well there loss.
Unread November 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM
IHBB GOD

Frankly, I'm floored at the level of popularity it's already achieved. I figured it would be a niche market like trading. But some days the yellow thing is nearly full with returns, and you have to presume that's just the existing online customers so far, and not the ones we've been bugging in the store.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread November 14th, 2006, 05:01 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
It's a neat little program. I'd definately choose it over Netflix if I wasn't an employee of big blue. But, as you said, it gets tedious pushing it so much. But its like that with every new program...
The Movie Pass customers that won't even TRY it for 2 weeks free of charge are the ones that really frustrate me. How stupid do you have to be to think the Movie Pass is a better deal? It was one thing when you had to wait 3 days to get your next batch of movies, but now these idiots are just burning money because they're too ignorant to even try something new.

Corporate seriously needs to consider getting rid of the Movie Pass nation wide if they really want Total Access to be as successful as possible.
Unread November 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Angel View Post
The Movie Pass customers that won't even TRY it for 2 weeks free of charge are the ones that really frustrate me. How stupid do you have to be to think the Movie Pass is a better deal? It was one thing when you had to wait 3 days to get your next batch of movies, but now these idiots are just burning money because they're too ignorant to even try something new.

Corporate seriously needs to consider getting rid of the Movie Pass nation wide if they really want Total Access to be as successful as possible.

Yeah, and those idiots might be the ONLY thing that saves your job.

Do I really need to go over the Enronomics of all this again??

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread November 14th, 2006, 07:24 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Yeah, and those idiots might be the ONLY thing that saves your job.
You're telling me this like I care. Honestly, Blockbuster going under wouldn't even phase me. Infact, I think it would be a good thing for humanity in general. Imagine how much more productive lazy Movie Pass customers would be if they couldn't waste all their time watching bad movies. Heaven forbid they do things like date and engage in social activities.
Unread November 14th, 2006, 07:35 PM

Question

So far my store has been rather successful with signing customers up the past two weeks. I think it is finally a competitive program that might show some impact against netflix. My only question is, does BBV acctually think they are going to keep customers active on this program? Or do they not realize people will take advantage of the two week free trial and then dump out of it?

Food for thought: Hook the customers with something that they really want, like a discounted amount off of a purchase on DVD's or something like that. They use to give away free $4.99 titles back in the day to on-line customers. Why get away from it?
Unread November 14th, 2006, 07:53 PM
IHBB GOD

bitch bitch bitch...This is the best time to be pushing this program. It's new, different, and it's FREE. We are selling something FREE, with FREE on top and a cherry. How long have we pushed Rewards? We need 10 bucks to get a Rewards sale. For Total Access we just need 4 minutes, an email, and a credit card. We should be getting more activations than Rewards memberships. And the company is throwing a tasty bonus for ALL employees. Back when Rewards launched the only employees getting an incentive were the SMs and up. If you are burnt out after just two weeks you should probably find yourself a less demanding job.

Get up off your ass and get the fuck down here I got shit over here I'm tryin' to fuckin' sell!