I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 31st, 2011, 01:57 PM
IHBB Freak

I think our system could only handle wingdings... which is close enough.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruka_Salt View Post
I think our system could only handle wingdings... which is close enough.
As if you knew anything.....Jim keyes's computer runs of wingdings.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
Today at 5pm was the deadline for initial bids. In order to participate in the bidding on Monday the 4th, any interested party had to submit a bid in writting before 5pm est today.

So my question for BB482....

Any rumors you can share with us on the number of written bids submitted and who they may have been from?
Deadline is at midnight tonight and bids are expected to continue to come in untl that time. Lots of rumors on both the number of bidders and who the bidders are. The good news is we at least got a bid outside of colbalts. My guess is that by 6 we would have had at least 4, just my guess tho.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread March 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
Entirely random thought, and it could be me just seeing things, but when I was looking at the weekly planner today, on the front page where it shows the "meet your managers" pop example, does it have Peter Griffin listed? Either I'm insane (entirely probable) or the folks at corporate like Family Guy.
It does say Peter Griffin and truth be told Program Guides, communications, pictures etc...generally have little things like that laced in them.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread March 31st, 2011, 07:04 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
This is why Message of the week is so important sometimes!!!!! They talk the company's goals overall!
its funny how you catch the DM's lies lol Some of them don't watch the message of the week before they open their mouths.
I could play the MotW for my DM at top volume and it wouldn't make a difference.

One Meet Your Managers had Michael Scott. I'd happily take him as a DM.

When the reverse phone lookup was rolled out, the program used the example of Sidney Bristow with an authorised user named Michael Vaughn. That was pretty awesome.
Unread April 1st, 2011, 12:54 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
When the reverse phone lookup was rolled out, the program used the example of Sidney Bristow with an authorised user named Michael Vaughn.
Sidney Bristow has had more authorised users than Charlie Sheen

OK, maybe not that many....

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread April 1st, 2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicker22 View Post
So there has been some recent changes in our area, down to one DM instead of two....24 stores for one person, too much perhaps? The DM that remains k.l. Has a poor reputation to keep it kind. I tried to not allow myself to buy into it, and give him a fair chance. It hasn't even been a month, and I am completely miserable. Prior we were given honest answers, respect and gratitude, support, and empowered to do our job. Now---we are told that everything is fine and it is "business as usual", if you bring up this topic again you are told that he doesn't like the negativity and doesnt allow people who play into it to work for him (I'm not negative, I am far from that---however, I'm not naive either, I just want to know honest answers of what we are up against--I'm a good manager, I don't appreciate the threat). Now we are not allowed to do what we are paid to do---he makes ALL decisions, at this point I'm a high paid sl. He is the most condescending man I have ever met. He fires people at rapid pace---everyone is scared to speak up, scared to talk out of turn, voice their concerns, make any type of decision without his approval. It is very clear he prefers his prior district employees, over the ones he just inherited. Employees from his district working in ours have run their mouths with statements that their fearless leader has said, which I take VERY offensively as they are not true, and they are not helping us join together as one---1-that the prior DM was fired (nope laid off), 2-that our stores are so messed up and it is ridiculous that he has to send in his own people to fix (I've seen stores in both districts---I'll just leave it as wrong again), that he has no idea what the prior DM did everyday because it is complete chaos (bold faced lie!) he increases our goals every week, but not for his other stores- if you don't hit ALL of your goals you are written up, 3 shots you're done---it's like he is doing it on purpose to get rid of us. There have been multiple word calls
about him, with no response. Does anyone care what we are
going through??? I gave him a chance, he is horrible!!! If you pop up on his radar for any position, suddenly he posts an opening for that position at that store on all retail.com. And then shortly poof they are gone. He doesn't want us to unite, he wants us gone...and he is not playing fair. Everyone is trying to get out...please help us 482, as you may be our last hope!
You sure y'all are not in the ATL region? Sounds strikingly familiar!
Unread April 1st, 2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
So there has been some recent changes in our area, down to one DM instead of two....24 stores for one person, too much perhaps? The DM that remains k.l. Has a poor reputation to keep it kind. I tried to not allow myself to buy into it, and give him a fair chance. It hasn't even been a month, and I am completely miserable. Prior we were given honest answers, respect and gratitude, support, and empowered to do our job. Now---we are told that everything is fine and it is "business as usual", if you bring up this topic again you are told that he doesn't like the negativity and doesnt allow people who play into it to work for him (I'm not negative, I am far from that---however, I'm not naive either, I just want to know honest answers of what we are up against--I'm a good manager, I don't appreciate the threat). Now we are not allowed to do what we are paid to do---he makes ALL decisions, at this point I'm a high paid sl. He is the most condescending man I have ever met. He fires people at rapid pace---everyone is scared to speak up, scared to talk out of turn, voice their concerns, make any type of decision without his approval. It is very clear he prefers his prior district employees, over the ones he just inherited. Employees from his district working in ours have run their mouths with statements that their fearless leader has said, which I take VERY offensively as they are not true, and they are not helping us join together as one---1-that the prior DM was fired (nope laid off), 2-that our stores are so messed up and it is ridiculous that he has to send in his own people to fix (I've seen stores in both districts---I'll just leave it as wrong again), that he has no idea what the prior DM did everyday because it is complete chaos (bold faced lie!) he increases our goals every week, but not for his other stores- if you don't hit ALL of your goals you are written up, 3 shots you're done---it's like he is doing it on purpose to get rid of us. There have been multiple word calls
going through??? I gave him a chance, he is horrible!!! If you pop up on his radar for any position, suddenly he posts an opening for that position at that store on all retail.com. And then shortly poof they are gone. He doesn't want us to unite, he wants us gone...and he is not playing fair. Everyone is trying to get out...please help us 482, as you may be our last hope!
Do not allow anyone to bully you at the job. Keep the tone professional, and explain your problems to him in person. Sit down and calmly discuss it.

If he gets patronizing or degrading to you then simply say it was nice talking to you and promptly get on the phone with your RDO.

Next week we will be under new ownership, and we're likely to go through big changes across the board. Hopefully, if the new owners keep stores open, they will give us our sense of humanity back. I hope they bring the fun back because it is sorely missed.

I work for a DM who seems to be cracking under enormous pressure. This DM used to come across as the constant professional but now talks to us as if we're school children. The DM seems to think that sales techniques work the same in all store, which they do not. The DM is putting so much pressure on the SMs that my SM looks like she may have a heart attack at times. I have to constantly remind her to slow down and do what you can.

I feel sorry for those of you under tyrannical rule. You can only do so much though, and you cannot allow some douche to take your happiness away. Talk to the people who come into your store. Make sure they leave satisfied, and make good conversation with them. It brings me back to the good ole days and also allows me to smile as most people who walk into my store are engaging. In fact, one old guy who comes in always has a good joke to tell and cracks me up.

The people are our saving grace. We cannot allow a DM like yours to have the audacity to think he can rule with an iron fist. He can try, but you got to rust that motherfucker.

Good luck to you. Most of us at our level stand with you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
bettybeaner (April 1st, 2011), D Money (April 1st, 2011), prettyinpink (April 1st, 2011)
Unread April 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Man up give me this fuckers Phone Number. Flant and I could have some fun...(pm the number if you want)

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 1st, 2011)
Unread April 1st, 2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
It does say Peter Griffin and truth be told Program Guides, communications, pictures etc...generally have little things like that laced in them.
Yep, I think the best one by far, was the one that had George Harrison's account, which I think was for a POS update. probably a year ago now.