I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Anyone read yesterday's Communication where they are basically threatening us that if we tell customers they can cancel the pass before the 30 days is up while we're selling the pass and effectively cut BBV out of autocharging 14.99 off their credit cards that we will not be paid the incentive and could be possibly fired. Every single person on here knows that if they wanted 100 passes sold/week, every week for a total of 400/month and were riding people HARD about hitting this number that shady ass shit would be happening like next day cancels and credits. I have at least 2 people every shift who call/come in about some mysterious 16.00 charge to their credit card and when I explain what it was for they ALL want to immediately cancel the pass and want a refund. But yet my SM says that we're basically to try every trick in the book to make them not cancel. My DM must have gotten chewed out abut how our district isn't at the magically 80% renewal rate that corporate wants because we have to sign some sort of bullshit contract that we won't sell passes just to get the $2.50 and we have to make real effort in reminding customers how much their saving with the pass...
Unread October 11th, 2011, 03:49 PM

LOL...They want to be reported to the labor boards dont they???
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (October 12th, 2011)
Unread October 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Anyone read yesterday's Communication where they are basically threatening us that if we tell customers they can cancel the pass before the 30 days is up while we're selling the pass and effectively cut BBV out of autocharging 14.99 off their credit cards that we will not be paid the incentive and could be possibly fired. Every single person on here knows that if they wanted 100 passes sold/week, every week for a total of 400/month and were riding people HARD about hitting this number that shady ass shit would be happening like next day cancels and credits. I have at least 2 people every shift who call/come in about some mysterious 16.00 charge to their credit card and when I explain what it was for they ALL want to immediately cancel the pass and want a refund. But yet my SM says that we're basically to try every trick in the book to make them not cancel. My DM must have gotten chewed out abut how our district isn't at the magically 80% renewal rate that corporate wants because we have to sign some sort of bullshit contract that we won't sell passes just to get the $2.50 and we have to make real effort in reminding customers how much their saving with the pass...
Be a dick sign ur name then write under protest after it muahaha u signed it but it is null regarding any termination or rules muahahahah

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Unread October 11th, 2011, 10:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
COMBO PASS INCENTIVE UPDATE
The continued renewal of Combo Pass sales is essential to ensuring the success of this program. Encouraging customers to cancel their subscription, in any way, directly undermines the goals established when the Combo Pass program was initiated. As of October 01, 2011 any sales practice or activity that is deemed counterproductive to the company goal of growing our combo pass penetration rates will NOT be eligible for the defined sales incentive September 02 - October 31 and disciplinary action may be taken, up to and including termination. If you have questions about a sales practice or tactic that a store is using and are unsure if its legitimate to the above goal you should reach out to your District Manager or HR services for validation.
Yeah...Their mad....lol What do you expect customers to do? $14.99 is pretty much close to Netflix's $15.98 plan..... Didn't Blockbuster the memo, that customers didn't want to spend that much for entertainment >_> That's why people quit Netflix. Plus, we are good sales people. We tell the customer everything they want to know. I don't care if the customers want to keep it or not. Its their choice. They can easily sign up later...since we have high goals.I guess employees are saying "cancel" then resign up again. So more money lol

Last edited by djblade; October 12th, 2011 at 09:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djblade For This Useful Post:
Unread October 12th, 2011, 07:46 AM

You know its practices like this that really led me to leave the company. I take pride in honesty with my customers. I tell them the ends and outs of every promotion regardless of what the corporate plan is. This shady tactic would not fly with me at all. How in the hell are you supposed to retain customers and have their trust if you just downright LIE to them? It is sneaky, slimy, underhanded, and fucking wrong to run a business like that.

If you want to succeed as a business, then lay all the cards out on the table for your customers. Be honest, and gain their trust through your honesty. Do NOT allow corporate to use these scare tactics when you DAMN well know that its the people who walk into your store everyday that give you the privilege of having a JOB in this day and age. Before Dish came into this picture, your customers were giving you business....and now they want you to low ball those who stayed loyal despite alternatives that would better suit their needs?!

It's mind boggling on a level that I know I wouldn't be comfortable with. I know those of you still with the company aren't comfortable with it. You can bet your ass that your customers don't like it. Fuck the incentives, and fuck Dish's scare tactics...run an honest business and you will have results. Run a shady business and you will hemorrhage customers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
2!@#$%^&*@$ (October 12th, 2011), Woodstock (October 12th, 2011)
Unread October 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Wow I will not lie to customers, prob why I really got fired.
Unread October 12th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
Wow I will not lie to customers, prob why I really got fired.
I am definately not lying to the customers-I probably explain the program in too great of detail! There are not 100 people a week in my store that want or need a 1 out pass at 14.99 month when they can get Netflix dvd/streaming for the same price. Not every person needs to be on a program-some people only rent 1 movie every month or so. I am not even going to try to sell them a pass- no matter how much my boss says I have to.. My DM has told us we are stupid for not pushing this pass down everyone's throats hard with the $2.50 payout. I think this tactic just makes the company look desperate and I know if I didn't work there and everytime I came in and someone was hounding me to buy a pass that I would not come back.
Unread October 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
IHBB Freak

It's so employees can't cheat the system, right? A customer wants to keep it but you get double the commission if their pass doesn't renew and you have to sign them up for a new one.
Unread October 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason220 View Post
You know its practices like this that really led me to leave the company. I take pride in honesty with my customers. I tell them the ends and outs of every promotion regardless of what the corporate plan is. This shady tactic would not fly with me at all. How in the hell are you supposed to retain customers and have their trust if you just downright LIE to them? It is sneaky, slimy, underhanded, and fucking wrong to run a business like that.

If you want to succeed as a business, then lay all the cards out on the table for your customers. Be honest, and gain their trust through your honesty. Do NOT allow corporate to use these scare tactics when you DAMN well know that its the people who walk into your store everyday that give you the privilege of having a JOB in this day and age. Before Dish came into this picture, your customers were giving you business....and now they want you to low ball those who stayed loyal despite alternatives that would better suit their needs?!

It's mind boggling on a level that I know I wouldn't be comfortable with. I know those of you still with the company aren't comfortable with it. You can bet your ass that your customers don't like it. Fuck the incentives, and fuck Dish's scare tactics...run an honest business and you will have results. Run a shady business and you will hemorrhage customers.
Most of you are fucking idiots, Freemason being right up on the list.

Nowhere has the company asked anyone to be dishonest. It is actually just the opposite! The memo was all about selling it the right way, not the wrong way. Too many piece of shit employees are still left in this company despite Freemason and many of the rest of the people in this forum leaving.

It is the dishonest employees who sign someone up on the pass and turn right around and cancel so they can make their whopping $2.50 and screw the company that resulted in the memo. It isn't the company that is the problem, it is the employees. It is these same employees who don't explain the pass correctly, half the time never even mentioning the price point of $14.99 or that the pass auto renews each month that leads to the very complaints from customers that have you so outraged. It is the person who sold the pass that is the problem, not the pass or the company offering it.

It is just like a customer who came in my store tonight from another store, first time visitor in my store. They were a premier member with an email address of noemail@yahoo.com or some crap like that. Some piece of shit employee was so desperate to make their goals or their $1 commission on emails that I am sure prompted that result. And with employees doing shit like this you wonder why it takes weeks or months to validate payouts and pay out bonuses?

Keep blaming the company all you want. Take a look in the mirror. The problems in this company is the face staring back at you.

Another poster states they aren't going to offer it to everyone, especially someone renting one movie a month. Do you know them personally? Do you know every place they rent from and just how much they rent from them? For all you know they are paying netflix $8 a month from streaming, renting 10 movies a month from Redbox and then the one from you. For all you know the pass could allow them to reduce their spending and get everything from your store helping both the customer and the company. But instead, you think your the best thing since slice bread and know more than God himself so you aren't going to even waste your time.

And I am tired of hearing about streaming. There isn't a single movie on streaming that grossed anything measurable at the box office that isn't less than a year old. If you are some artsy SOB who wants to watch Indie films all day then sure, Netflix is gold. If you have a kid you doesn't even know the difference from a new release and a 10 year old movie, then sure, Netflix has great value. If you want to watch the newest movies each week as they release, and especially if you have a game console in your house, the combo pass is the best plan on the market.

Bottom line is there are many different types of customers and now there are different options for those customers. Netflix is best for some, Redbox better for others, and even good ole blue is still the best for enough people to run a solid company. My only hope is we can get rid of the rest of the idiots and increase the popularity of this forum for you FORMER employees before you run yet another company into the ground.

And yes, these are my opinions and not the opinions of Dish, Blockbuster or anyone else other than my own. And being they are my own, I could give a rats ass whether you agree with them or not. Flame away!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBStoreMgr112233 For This Useful Post:
D Money (October 16th, 2011), inkedangel (October 13th, 2011)
Unread October 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
IHBB GOD

Thanks for the advice, Cam.