I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM

3D Blu ray Rentals

One small company is already offering 3D blu ray rentals and there making a HUGE amount of money.

http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/StoreFront.bok

3D is not doing well in the movie theaters but in home 3D blu ray movie sales are strong.

I own a Samsung 2011 led 3D tv and the 3d is better then the theater so I wait. Blu ray 3d movies cost about $26 to $30 + so the studios still get a bunch of money from doing the 3D

3D tv's have really sold well this year along with 3d equipment. I don't think it will die any time soon.

What major rental company do you think will offer this first ?

Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
IHBB GOD

The cost of LED TV and Glasses are to much =\
Unread July 13th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Not really that bad.

I got my Samsung 55" un55d7000 240hz 2011 TV for $2,400 and $212.00 for a 4 year warranty with square trade on Amazon

It came with the started kit and the 3D blu ray player and two extra total sets of glasses
a total of 4 pair and I got a high speed hdmi cable

Total cost with 4 year in home warranty warranty and all $2,612

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55D7...0590560&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-4-...0590625&sr=1-4
Unread July 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
3D is a joke. It hasn't changed since the 50's, and it is terrible for your eyes. Definitely buying a pair of these.

http://www.2d-glasses.com/

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 03:11 PM
IHBB GOD

I can't say 3D bluray looks bad since I seen top of the line at the Sony stores. The LED have come down but not enough to make a huge impact. I say give it another year or so because they are trying to beat Plasma TV's that run at 600 hz
Unread July 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM

BBW

A lot of people think 3D is a joke but the in home product sells say different. 3D tv's sold like hot cakes this year and the movies and games. More major company's are backing the tech Sony,Samsung and other movie studios

Honestly there's not to many movies that have that wow factor. The tech is there if the movie is filmed correctly and not just a conversion.

I have played some Playstation 3 games in 3D and the experience is awesome. It's all in the media you are watching that makes the experience worth while not just the 3D tech.

I think 3D is here to stay and will develop more over time with glasses or without.

If anyone is interested here is a list of the best in home 3D media on the market I think I have tried a bunch of stuff and this is the best.

MOVIES :

Despicable me
Monsters Vs Aliens
Megamind
Disney's A Christmas Carol

PS3 GAMES

Super Star dust HD FREAKING AWESOME!
Killzone 3
Unread July 13th, 2011, 08:29 PM
IHBB GOD

I believe they around convert around 60-90 Blurays to 3D?
Unread July 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
IHBB Freak

The problem is that the technology is still evolving. Why invest now when 3D will be so much better (and more affordable) in the future?

The flickering glasses are terrible. But there's work being done towards glasses-less 3D. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Also, some reticence may be due to the decreasing interest in 3D at the box office and, thus, at major studios.
Unread July 13th, 2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
The problem is that the technology is still evolving. Why invest now when 3D will be so much better (and more affordable) in the future?

The flickering glasses are terrible. But there's work being done towards glasses-less 3D. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Also, some reticence may be due to the decreasing interest in 3D at the box office and, thus, at major studios.
On my 2011 model I don't have any flicking if you turn away from the tv and look directly into a lamp or light then yes. But I do also agree the tech will improve over time. The 2011 models are doing great last years tech really did suck. If only the movie studios will improve there 3d process
Unread July 14th, 2011, 07:59 AM
IHBB GOD

appreciate the impooot!

basically boils down to wether you want it now or not and can afford. i will wait as i enjoy my set up now but im getting outdoors more lately so thats good for me!!!! peace !