I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
IHBB Freak

I've complained before about how the 2/$3 deal on the boxes of candy winds up biting us in the ass as we try to sell bundles.
Now, in addition to the candy deal, there are coupons going out on the online envelopes offering a buy 1 get 1 free deal when they buy a coke. More than once on my last shift did I see someone come up with a couple of cokes and I'm thinking this'll be an easy transition to the $5 bundle. Then... out comes the coupon. Wah-wahhhhhhhh.

So, just to be clear on this... we are expected to sell bundles and are held accountable if we don't hit our goal. At the same time, the company offers deals which decrease the attraction of the bundles, making them harder to sell.

Is there no one up top who thinks about things like this?
Unread July 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
I've complained before about how the 2/$3 deal on the boxes of candy winds up biting us in the ass as we try to sell bundles.
Now, in addition to the candy deal, there are coupons going out on the online envelopes offering a buy 1 get 1 free deal when they buy a coke. More than once on my last shift did I see someone come up with a couple of cokes and I'm thinking this'll be an easy transition to the $5 bundle. Then... out comes the coupon. Wah-wahhhhhhhh.

So, just to be clear on this... we are expected to sell bundles and are held accountable if we don't hit our goal. At the same time, the company offers deals which decrease the attraction of the bundles, making them harder to sell.

Of course they don't, it's up to you to sell, sell, sell, it's kinda like blowing your nose and taking a shit, which end do you wipe first.
The top Poster!
Unread July 13th, 2010, 02:28 PM
IHBB Freak

Yeah, even when they figure out ways to screw you over.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.
Unread July 13th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
Set the record clear. I have taken the time to respond to your post, even though I should just let you keep flaming. Everyone else is doing a great job of replying to your post.

BTW.... Movies and Popcorn go hand and hand..... and no one really needs a movie or a TV either, but people want them. If people didnt buy confection we would not sell it.

Problem is when someone is trying to help, people are too bitter, upset, hurt, stressed out, discourged, or unhappy and can't see past that. I am actually glad everyone comes on here and post their stress. Better here than in a store in front of a customer.
LOL

so have other people fight your battles for you? Thats very classy.And funny thing is when you first came here I thought you were different, you are no better then the rest of those clowns that run the company. No doubt confection is not a good sell. But when I had my DM ask me " why didnt you not offer a presale of madden, to that woman." who happens to be an 80 year old woman that maybe doesnt even know what an xbox is. Seriously? True she may have a grand son that plays xbox but the thing that you guys dont get is. Most of your customers want to get in and get out with their movie, they dont give a damn about what you have to offer. So stop the threats to the workers and maybe you might be able to turn the company around. I highly doubt that though

you are not trying to help, you are here to make the company look like it cares for its workers. When the big boys get huge bonus and holidays off and we have to work christmas for pennies.
Unread July 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post

YEAH. extremely frustrating. However, i did some deep digging to figure out why maybe they haven't stopped the 2/$3 sale. Here is what i came up with and maybe Blockbusterstore can confirm or deny..

The overall confection sales in the company are actually down. we're selling bundles real well, but we aren't selling anything else on it's own. Unfortunately, i think they didn't anticipate our candy sales actually going down. Check out your stores confection sales to last year on your scorecard...you'll see what i mean, it's bizarre.
Unread July 14th, 2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
YEAH. extremely frustrating. However, i did some deep digging to figure out why maybe they haven't stopped the 2/$3 sale. Here is what i came up with and maybe Blockbusterstore can confirm or deny..

The overall confection sales in the company are actually down. we're selling bundles real well, but we aren't selling anything else on it's own. Unfortunately, i think they didn't anticipate our candy sales actually going down. Check out your stores confection sales to last year on your scorecard...you'll see what i mean, it's bizarre.
I have noticed this! The only thing I am figuring is that our beverages are way up however, the revenue from candy is down, In pieces we are up but not in the money.

The only reasoning I see behind this is our new relationship with Coke. I think we had to sell a certain amount of beverages to get our vendor relationship to what it is now. We just got a comm update about how drivers have to take back and credit expired product and they used to not do that. Whatever else coke gave them had to have made the bundles drive relevant because if it was just for revenues it has been a failure.
Unread July 14th, 2010, 04:39 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knargles View Post
Whatever else coke gave them had to have made the bundles drive relevant because if it was just for revenues it has been a failure.
That's never stopped them before.

But the point you guys bring up does sound plausible. Just one more sign of the dysfunction that reings supreme in our company.
Unread July 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM
IHBB GOD

just maybe...other companies have heard the word of Blockbuster and they don't want to waste their time and money on a dying company.
Unread July 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM

When I was an SM, Coke would take the expired product back. I would just call the Coke sales rep directly and if that didnt work, when Coke called for the order, I would just firmly tell them we werent ordering any product until we got credit for the expired product. They would get pissed but they would take it back ;D
Unread July 15th, 2010, 08:50 PM
IHBB Freak

I love how corporate thinks us lowly store employees are dumb as shit, but we're smart enough to figure out their tactics.

That's the "idiot tax". It's our fee for having to put up with your stupid questions.
And for everything else... there's Mastercard.