I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 3rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
IHBB Freak

I can pretty much guarantee you that for however much time Blockbuster b/m has left (and probably online too), that TV show availability will be next to nil. The distributors and production companies have dollar signs in their eyes and are drooling over the prospect of making way more profit by eliminating the middle man (us, Netflix, redbox, ondemand, hulu). They want to disseminate their product directly and working themselves into a feverish delirium to accomplish that goal soon. In the near future I anticipate 20-30 streaming sites owned by the distributors -- the only conceivable hitch is working out a deal with cable companies who are having their own financial nervous breakdowns right now. We're in the midst of a sea change.
Unread September 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM

I never understood why movies studios and production companies for TV shows didn't just sell their own product. They clearly make a ton of money it seems like setting this up would be a snap for them...

I suppose it is because people like to have all their entertainment needs funneled into one hub for easy access?

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread September 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM

I wish we, at least, had some of the TV seasons for sale. We have far too much new movie retail in many regards but having some of the TV seasons for sale would help. When the Pacific first hit shelves, we sold every copy we had and they resupplied us with a new one every time we had zero left. I'd say ballpark we sold 8 to 10 new retail copies of the whole series. I doubt we could do that with alot of the shows but I know we could with a select few (Sons of Anarchy would be one). I wish they would allow us more autonomy so we could do some of this with certain TV shows even though I know they never will.........
Unread September 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM

Is nothing coming out next week? It's pretty sad when of all the movies we got in so far for next week the only 2 names that were familiar to me were Eva Longoria and Christian Slater...and in a Thor Redux- if you haven't all ready- check how many copies your store is getting of Transformers. My store is getting the same number as we got for Thor- 13 dvds but their more generous with the Blu this time around - 8 instead of the 5 we got for Thor. Are we getting a bump? and telling me to transfer my retail into rental after I sold most of them is not a bump.
Unread September 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM

I'm sure all these stellar films from Maya Entertainment will be hits next week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backer Card For This Useful Post:
D Money (September 24th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (September 23rd, 2011)
Unread September 24th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Lmfao Maya that's a good one.. don't forget Asylum
Unread September 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Maverick is the King of Kings for crappy dvds, with their horror division creep F/X being awesome