I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 13th, 2012, 07:20 AM

Okay, I have been reading this back and forth about these shows/channels. What I see when I read the posts that are "pro" blockbuster/dish service is what looks almost like a scripted response. It reminds me of when memo's/communications would come from corporate as to the #'s and %'s that they told us. That's what it sounds like, sorry but it does. I get it, you love dish but the fact is, most don't. People do not want to go into a video rental store to be nailed about signing up for satellite service. If they wanted that, they would not be at a store to rent movies. I get it, a few people sign up, sometimes cause they know the associates may get nailed for no sales or cause they want to see. As far as I can tell, it's no different than when they pushed the online/by mail service and gave numbers to us as to why it shouldn't matter and we should be able to do it no matter what. Saying "well it's free, you can just give it away." then turning around "but it's free why aren't the number of signups higher". It's the same thing, different service. You enjoy your job, good for you, that's great. But fact is, a lot don't. You cannot lead by fear and intimidation, does nothing but create low morale, have people dread going to work and so on. Don't get me wrong, I loved many aspects of what I did but at the same time, I didn't necessarily like the company and they way they did many things. I get it, there are things everywhere with every job. I have never before seen a place that can suck all the love of the industry that someone has out of them nor drive them to just not want to be there at all. Everyone has their opinion and that's fine but to blindly rattle off facts that don't even give accurate details, these shows on AMC, regardless to your willingness to shrug them off, are extremely popular. The turnover on the series in the store was huge, I be online it has the same turnover. Dish is just pissed it can't do like it did with Fox and limit access to the shows online to only their subscribers. They made it so that to watch a show you needed a dish id or you had to wait 7 days, dish feels that AMC is "devaluing" their brand which means dish is pissed people can turn around and find it online a day or two after the show airs and they have NO control over it. Same shit... different company.... I will get off my soap box, sorry. And no, BBStoreMgr... I don't need a response with more numbers and links. I am just sharing my opinion is all, agree or disagree that's fine, that's your right but I don't wish to be drawn into an argument back and forth.
johnlow71 (September 13th, 2012)
Unread September 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
The honest answer is no. 4 months ago I wasn't either. I couldn't have even told you what they offered.

I had satellite service 15 years ago, don't even remember if it was Dish or Direct. Back then cloudy skies caused your signal to go out.

However, after using it the last couple of months in the store, I absolutely love it. So much so I had it installed at home. Even if you exclude all discounts, my bill was lowered from $145 with Time Warner to $115. That is both internet and tv service and I will be getting considerably more channels than I had with Time Warner. And no, that is not promotional pricing, that is long term pricing.
I hate Blockbuster is the most intense online (internet) application he uses because dish doesn't offer fast speeds for cheap hahahaha.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
Okay, I have been reading this back and forth about these shows/channels. What I see when I read the posts that are "pro" blockbuster/dish service is what looks almost like a scripted response. It reminds me of when memo's/communications would come from corporate as to the #'s and %'s that they told us. That's what it sounds like, sorry but it does. I get it, you love dish but the fact is, most don't. People do not want to go into a video rental store to be nailed about signing up for satellite service. If they wanted that, they would not be at a store to rent movies. I get it, a few people sign up, sometimes cause they know the associates may get nailed for no sales or cause they want to see. As far as I can tell, it's no different than when they pushed the online/by mail service and gave numbers to us as to why it shouldn't matter and we should be able to do it no matter what. Saying "well it's free, you can just give it away." then turning around "but it's free why aren't the number of signups higher". It's the same thing, different service. You enjoy your job, good for you, that's great. But fact is, a lot don't. You cannot lead by fear and intimidation, does nothing but create low morale, have people dread going to work and so on. Don't get me wrong, I loved many aspects of what I did but at the same time, I didn't necessarily like the company and they way they did many things. I get it, there are things everywhere with every job. I have never before seen a place that can suck all the love of the industry that someone has out of them nor drive them to just not want to be there at all. Everyone has their opinion and that's fine but to blindly rattle off facts that don't even give accurate details, these shows on AMC, regardless to your willingness to shrug them off, are extremely popular. The turnover on the series in the store was huge, I be online it has the same turnover. Dish is just pissed it can't do like it did with Fox and limit access to the shows online to only their subscribers. They made it so that to watch a show you needed a dish id or you had to wait 7 days, dish feels that AMC is "devaluing" their brand which means dish is pissed people can turn around and find it online a day or two after the show airs and they have NO control over it. Same shit... different company.... I will get off my soap box, sorry. And no, BBStoreMgr... I don't need a response with more numbers and links. I am just sharing my opinion is all, agree or disagree that's fine, that's your right but I don't wish to be drawn into an argument back and forth.
I guess the 14 million customers that are currently on dish must not like their service either. I can tell you, I agree the company has drained the hell out of me and others, but I for one have dish, and it has saved me tons on my bill, I was paying 150 dollars to comcast a month, now im paying 70 for internet from comcast and dish cable. Just saying there is ur fact right there.

Fact is, AMC wanted 1 dollar+ per customer, for each channel they offer, you do that, then other networks, that are doing better on ratings and getting less, will want the same, then the customer will end up complaining when their bill goes up.

Here is some fact, Dish is the only provider not to go up in 4 years. Do I sound scripted?? I dont think so, I sound like someone with facts. To each his own, but the price packages are all the fact you need, lets not include the people who get deals when the company is trying to keep them as a customer.

Agreed with the shitty way blockbuster was and still is being ran....no disagreement there, but pricing wise, Dish has the best value...unless u care about AMC, then u go to another provider, pay more, and pay for what you get.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread September 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Again, not trying to get pulled into any arguments on pricing and what not. I know there are obviously people who like their dish service, just like there are the ones who like direct and the ones who prefer cable, it's all about preference and what works for that family. No arguments there. Each to their own. But not everyone wants to be nailed walking into a video rental store about signing up for satellite service, I know I don't and I know many more who don't. Just read what people say on their fb page every day. All I was saying, is you cannot discount what is important to others. Personally, no I don't want dish, never did even before they bought the company, I like cable, don't pay a lot and it works for my family. But at the same time these are video rental stores for people looking for an evening of family entertainment not people looking to get locked into contracts. Just seems like again, same shit different day.... before it was the pass or the online etc but now it's their satellite service... just pushy, aggressive sales where in some cases associates won't take no for an answer and get too pushy. Does this apply to everyone, no of course not but to some yes. My opinion that's all... nothing more. Not everyone thinks it's a great deal for them, enough said and again, not wanting to argue, just being devil's advocate that's all, y'all gotta see stuff from the other side of the coin. Have a great day
Unread September 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Dish has the best value...unless u care about AMC, then u go to another provider, pay more, and pay for what you get.
I agree, you get what you pay for. I've had Dish and now have Directv. I may have paid less for dish. Can't really remember what package I had or how much. I do know this though.

For 2 months my service was spotty sometimes I would get even number channels sometimes not. In trouble shooting with dish, the determined my LNB was going out. I set up an appointment for dish to come out and fix it. I took off a day of work and they never showed up. I called and rescheduled for another day. Once again they didn't show up. They stated that they couldn't find my home. After I complained that I now took two days off from work they rescheduled for a Sunday. They guy that came out was very nice and professional and got my service up and running. Only took 3 weeks to get someone out to have it fixed. On Monday they turned off my service for non payment of my subscribed package, I called them and let them know that I didn't have service for over 3 weeks and would not be paying the bill. They didn't off any discounts, not even an apology for the 2 no shows on repair. Dish didn't seem to have very good customer service. I even think it's even reflected on consumer reports about their customer service.

I can say that any time I've had issues with Directv, they were spot on in showing up and very professional. I don't mind paying the extra for Directv because of the customer service experience!
Unread September 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Dish is the only provider not to go up in 4 years.
The prices don't go up...you just get less.

Quote:
AMC wanted 1 dollar+ per customer, for each channel they offer, you do that, then other networks, that are doing better on ratings and getting less, will want the same, then the customer will end up complaining when their bill goes up.
I believe you! This is the reason it was dropped! AMC wanted more revenue, and Dish wouldn't play ball. Their customers are suffering, but they're trying to take a stand and prove a point.

So why the fuck isn't THAT the script? Why are we spouting this crap about "AMC doesn't get ratings?"

Quote:
Critically acclaimed? So what?
...wow. That's...okay...you're a store manager? You run a video store?
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 15th, 2012), inkedangel (September 14th, 2012)
Unread September 13th, 2012, 10:55 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I agree, you get what you pay for. I've had Dish and now have Directv. I may have paid less for dish. Can't really remember what package I had or how much. I do know this though.

For 2 months my service was spotty sometimes I would get even number channels sometimes not. In trouble shooting with dish, the determined my LNB was going out. I set up an appointment for dish to come out and fix it. I took off a day of work and they never showed up. I called and rescheduled for another day. Once again they didn't show up. They stated that they couldn't find my home. After I complained that I now took two days off from work they rescheduled for a Sunday. They guy that came out was very nice and professional and got my service up and running. Only took 3 weeks to get someone out to have it fixed. On Monday they turned off my service for non payment of my subscribed package, I called them and let them know that I didn't have service for over 3 weeks and would not be paying the bill. They didn't off any discounts, not even an apology for the 2 no shows on repair. Dish didn't seem to have very good customer service. I even think it's even reflected on consumer reports about their customer service.

I can say that any time I've had issues with Directv, they were spot on in showing up and very professional. I don't mind paying the extra for Directv because of the customer service experience!
Yep that sounds like bad luck, mine messed up and they came the next day and fixed mine within 10 minutes. Havent had it go out more than 5 minutes so cant say I can complain too much..my issue was the dish needed to be moved for better signal, easy fix and professional all the way. I am sure each customer has had an issue or two with the providers they are with. Shame dish lost ya!
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread September 13th, 2012, 10:56 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
The prices don't go up...you just get less.

I believe you! This is the reason it was dropped! AMC wanted more revenue, and Dish wouldn't play ball. Their customers are suffering, but they're trying to take a stand and prove a point.

So why the fuck isn't THAT the script? Why are we spouting this crap about "AMC doesn't get ratings?"

...wow. That's...okay...you're a store manager? You run a video store?
Where is your proof you get less? The dropping of AMC? Most providers lose channels here and there too, but if you are referencing that sure.

Amc does have some big shows and is a loss, but I for one have faith it will be back soon.
Unread September 14th, 2012, 06:26 AM
IHBB GOD

I have several neighbors who had dish, and they say the repair service was terrible, now they have gone with direct and me, myself included service has been fast and reliable. They replaced my dish and LNB no charge, upgraded my recievers no charge.....
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Unread September 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I have several neighbors who had dish, and they say the repair service was terrible, now they have gone with direct and me, myself included service has been fast and reliable. They replaced my dish and LNB no charge, upgraded my recievers no charge.....
Only if Kia was good.like that. Anyways main thing is you don't have dish. Your alright zoo your alright

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; September 14th, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post: