I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
IHBB Freak

Why do i need to drive 3 towns over to find my closest blockbuster when there is a redbox at my closest corner, and the next corner, and the next corner after that?
Unread May 21st, 2011, 11:36 AM
IHBB GOD

Pay $2.99 for the first night and then after that its .99cents per day isn't bad! Its a lot better than $2.99 for the first night and $2.99 for each additional day.

PLus, if you go back, we had a thread about the terms changing and it being $3/ then a $1 a day, when they took away the grace period. So pretty much, they are going back to their old terms again but changing it a little.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky me View Post
Well, of course that's an option but many people don't have a device to stream those old movies to their tv, so it's a simplicity and ease of use issue.

Also, we've heard Dish really wants to get a free online streaming for BB online. Won't help the physical stores, but it would help BB in general. Even if their streaming library would be much smaller, it'd be a start.
Sorry buddy but the major cable providers are going to start limiting to 4 gb a month...and charge you for Evey gb you use after that. You get a 2 month warning to change habit....Netflix and any other streaming will be cost ineffective for company. The att and Comcast on demand would not be considered part of the bandwidth usage.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Sorry buddy but the major cable providers are going to start limiting to 4 gb a month...and charge you for Evey gb you use after that. You get a 2 month warning to change habit....Netflix and any other streaming will be cost ineffective for company. The att and Comcast on demand would not be considered part of the bandwidth usage.
That's news to me and I work for the local cable company. Seems like the kinda thing they would mention to the wage slaves.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
Is 2.99 the first day and .99 cents per day after that. same thing with the 1.99 new releases the first day then .99 cents per day. keep in mind that Dish is going to do a lot of marketing to advertise the new rental terms so if done right we should get an influx of new customers and former customers who have not step in a blockbuster in a while. The key is communicating the new terms to our existing customers.
blockbuster will never get any influx of new customers, ever.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM

I think that these new terms are a joke. I thing that the bsi section in the middle of the store should be removed all together, but keep the classics. The only time it rents is when its free with the rewards program. When removing the BSI put something more profitable in its place like higher end electronics, televisions, and couple it with a year free service of dish network. Also, increase games for sale and not just pre sales to be more competitive with other retailers.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZappa View Post
That's news to me and I work for the local cable company. Seems like the kinda thing they would mention to the wage slaves.
Yes its hush hush but he law was just passed the only thing they can not limit is DSL because it runs through a phone line...

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Is 2.99 the first day and .99 cents per day after that. same thing with the 1.99 new releases the first day then .99 cents per day. keep in mind that Dish is going to do a lot of marketing to advertise the new rental terms so if done right we should get an influx of new customers and former customers who have not step in a blockbuster in a while. The key is communicating the new terms to our existing customers.
Thank you for explaining it better. I believe there should be an influx only if you have product!!!

Unread May 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Looks like new rental terms will start next Friday. Just arrived (1-6weeks) will be 2.99 per day and .99 cents per day after that. New releases (7-52 weeks) will be 1.99 per day and .99 cents per day after that. BSI will be .99 cents per day and .33 cents per day after that. There are other promotions coming but this is the main one.
funny i thought of this exact price structure months ago. this will save us and pickles of course and the newly added animal poopers.
Unread May 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM

The only thing I am mad about is that I have to do ANOTHER overnighter to REMOVE the stickers that I did a overnighter to PUT THEM ON!!!! hehehe.....Also heard that all the crap (i.e., pillow pets, as seen on TV, etc.) are going on SALE and NOT coming back!!! YEAH!!!