I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 2nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
Now .. if he would just get his aussie ass back on the right side of the country
Ain't gonna happen, Mum2.1k

I've been as far west as you can get (I have a picture of the statue where Lewis and Clark turned around and headed back), and I like it out here.

And as soon as I take care of some crap out in the field, I am heading back home for good (hint: It's pretty damned close to that statue). Once I get there, the only thing I would even CONSIDER is going further west.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread April 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
IHBB GOD

What? Start a business? What a novel idea...
OzMan (April 2nd, 2011)
Unread April 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Ain't gonna happen, Mum2.1k

I've been as far west as you can get (I have a picture of the statue where Lewis and Clark turned around and headed back), and I like it out here.

And as soon as I take care of some crap out in the field, I am heading back home for good (hint: It's pretty damned close to that statue). Once I get there, the only thing I would even CONSIDER is going further west.
First let me admit that I had to google to find the answer and, well, I wasn't the least bit surprised. After all, home is where our children are. And I can only imagine how much you miss them.

Although, my first thought (dismissing the statue comment) was that you planned to be sharing meat pies with Graham.

That's okay ... you live in the land of rain and lesbians, and I shall continue to live in the land of rust and snow ...

AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 2nd, 2011, 10:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
First let me admit that I had to google to find the answer and, well, I wasn't the least bit surprised. After all, home is where our children are. And I can only imagine how much you miss them.

Although, my first thought (dismissing the statue comment) was that you planned to be sharing meat pies with Graham.

That's okay ... you live in the land of rain and lesbians, and I shall continue to live in the land of rust and snow ...

Well, definitely a trip back home is in the plans, and surely a g'day to Graham is in order.

And I will take rain and lesbians (ahh... lesbians ) over rust and snow any day.

And, speaking of your other comment..... check your PM

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
I know exactly what the economy is like. I know exactly what caused it (mostly Yankee greed^w ingenuity and the belief that the free ride would never end). I also know that I have jobs that are just BEGGING for people smart enough to know their alphabet and engaged enough to SHOW THE HELL UP.

There are plenty of jobs out there, if you are willing and able to work. 90% of them are better than the job you DESCRIBE at BBI.

If all else fails, start your own business. Then you don't have to take crap from anyone (or do you? )
Where do I apply? Im up for moving. Just me and the dog now...
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spohiesmom2008 View Post
Where do I apply? Im up for moving. Just me and the dog now...
What happened to mr. Spohiesmom?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
I'd wager too that the likelihood of an employee stealing something goes hand in hand with how mistreated they feel by their employer. Honestly, with the kind of hostile work environment that Blockbuster fosters, I wouldn't be surprised if every other employee is stealing at this point -- and I can't say I would hold it against them much. I'm aware of all the moral implications and all that, and I'm not an outright thief myself, but man, Blockbuster makes treating its employees like shit an art form. Throw in looming liquidation and it would be pretty easy to rationalize, especially if you were nervous about future economical turbulence. It's clearly wrong -- but I wouldn't be surprised if it was rampant.

Treat your employees with respect and it will pay you back in more ways than one. Blockbuster clearly has never understood this philosophy. Ever.

When we caugh someone stealing, I did not care, because i still get paid the same (i know bad attitude). I actually I hold a bigger hatred toward Jim "million dollar bonus when i have not had a raise in 3 years" keys. and think of the old saying, One law, for the rich and the poor so they may each steal bread equally
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
I know for a fact they were told to tell you why we where doing it. I do not understand why they just can't follow directions. This is a team effort and you guys who gave up labor was taking one for the team this week. We needed to do it for the company.

why not cut hours and money from the people on top once in awhile i am sure jim keys does not need three houses the way we need three meals
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whineyboy For This Useful Post:
DeDampkring (April 3rd, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockbusterLuvsU View Post
On the jedi council call we were asked for ideas about employee appreciation and no one really said much. I was going to suggest that really the only "employee appreciation" that we want is a positive work environment. No one cares about being "allowed" to wear jeans unless they are lazy and don't want to change their pants before work. It's bad enough that we've been living with this "are we closing? Will the company go out of business?" uncertainty for the last six months that we don't need the negativity and confusion created by DMs and RDOs compunding it. We want to succeed just as much as they do. The awful Cam Shultz process needs to end, and the peak shift calls need to end, and the bullying and threats of termination need to end. I don't personally deal with these as much but I see others going through it and I feel the pressure as well. We need support, guidance, and positive reinforcement. A positive work environment, that's all we ask. "Thanks, keep trying!" would go a lot further than "you need to step it up!!" So those are my ideas for employee appreciation. A positive work environment, that's all we ask.
does wearing or nor wearing jeans affect the amount of money made. i can tell you the only thing employees care about (muchlike the only thing the company cares about ) is the bottom line, how much money we get. honestly that is what matters, not jeans, or any other. give us a raise , give us money, you know like the money Jim keyes got for a bonus.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whineyboy For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 3rd, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (April 3rd, 2011)
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whineyboy View Post
does wearing or nor wearing jeans affect the amount of money made. i can tell you the only thing employees care about (muchlike the only thing the company cares about ) is the bottom line, how much money we get. honestly that is what matters, not jeans, or any other. give us a raise , give us money, you know like the money Jim keyes got for a bonus.

You say that, but trust me, there is ample proof that, over a certain amount, people are motivated by many things other than money.

If BBI had paid everyone twice as much, they would not work twice as hard, or make twice as much revenue/profit, and you'd still be in the same place.

Now, I'm not saying that Keyes isn't overpaid. However, if you had asked for more money, they would have shopped around for someone willing to do the job for what they paid you (or less). However, the beauty of capitalism is, you were (and are) free to shop around for a company willing to pay you more. If there is ANY reason (including danger, amount of work expected, skills needed that you weren't willing to acquire, etc) that you would not have taken the job, you just proved that it's NOT all about the money.

--Helena Bonham Carter