I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM

Casting Calls/Open Interview thing?

I used to work at BBV, left to take a SMIT job elsewhere, and my new employer ended up eliminating all the SMIT positions due to cost cutting so here I am unemployed again

Can anyone give some insight on this? I've heard theres a movie trivia game and a scavenger hunt but I couldnt find anything more then that and I figure their has to be more as those two things alone wouldnt be enough to hire someone..I assume there are some general questions thrown in, but I am looking for any insight I can get

I plan on going back to school, so im hoping to land a CSR or SL spot though I could probably do ASM too (though i've heard they were phased out)
Unread December 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosale View Post
I used to work at BBV, left to take a SMIT job elsewhere, and my new employer ended up eliminating all the SMIT positions due to cost cutting so here I am unemployed again

Can anyone give some insight on this? I've heard theres a movie trivia game and a scavenger hunt but I couldnt find anything more then that and I figure their has to be more as those two things alone wouldnt be enough to hire someone..I assume there are some general questions thrown in, but I am looking for any insight I can get

I plan on going back to school, so im hoping to land a CSR or SL spot though I could probably do ASM too (though i've heard they were phased out)
SAM was fased out only sl or csr.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 7th, 2011, 05:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Hot Head is right but it also depends on the type of store (how much money it makes). Some stores do have an ASM position but not all.
Unread December 7th, 2011, 06:24 PM

I see, thats what I had heard..I was more so looking to be a CSR/SL anyway but im horrible with group interviews which is what im assuming this is since its an 'open interview' so I am trying to find as much stuff out as I can.

of course knowing my luck my asshole ex-SM put me in as not rehirable and I am wasting my gas
Unread December 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Since you've worked for bbv before, you probably don't have anything to worry about. It's all about watching the applicant's behavior/personality to see if they'd be a good fit.

Movie Trivia--do you know your stuff?
Scavenger Hunt--are you a leader or a follower?

Sometimes they'll have you pick an item in the store and you have to try and sell it to the person standing next to you, or explain your favorite movie...just depends on how much time there is and how many people are there.

There's a Q&A session--you ask the questions and the session leader answers. Ask about how the company's doing, etc. Anyone who asks about pay rates, what free stuff we get, or sits there like a bump on a log is pretty much disqualified immediately.

They'll take about two minutes per person to ask about your availability and why you left your last job. At the end of that chat you should know whether they're going to forward your app to the SM to schedule a formal interview or if it's a case of thanks but no thanks.
Unread December 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM

Also, they do at the half way point, after the scavenger hunt, send off anyone they don't plan on hiring or has no chance. If you make it past that to the one on one questions, you have a better chance.
Unread December 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM

So I should probably go into a store nearby and look at what promotions/ect are going on in order to be prepared for the sales thing..any suggestions on what programs they might recommend?

And so they dont actually offer/tell anyone they are getting the job at the end?

I was actually worried my old SM put me in as no-rehire, but I wouldnt have gotten contacted about the job fair if I wasnt able to be rehired right? I think I remember a guy in a previous topic saying something similar to that atleast
Unread December 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
IHBB GOD

I would rather shove shove hot head into my cock shaft than work for that bullshit excuse for a company again. Unless of course when Johnlow takes over.
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (December 8th, 2011)
Unread December 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
I would rather shove shove hot head into my cock shaft than work for that bullshit excuse for a company again. Unless of course when Johnlow takes over.
I can respect that...but I desperately need a job, even if it is a poor paying one where I am ordered to force feed candy bundles to an already obese population
Unread December 7th, 2011, 09:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Another tip is, If you say " I just love to sell any promotion! I love to sell sell and sell". The DM or SM would quickly love you and would hire you. Also, say your good at selling too and you love a challenge.

This is what Blockbuster is truely looking for. They don't care if you got skills. All they want are sales goals to be met.