I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit1979 View Post
I was offered a store manager job at Gamestop today. Anyone manage a Gamestop before or know anybody who has?
Its usually better than gamestop but I am almost sure they have drives I went into a game stop they were hitting me hard with presales I was like holy shit back the fuck off.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 16th, 2011)
Unread July 15th, 2011, 06:39 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Firefly View Post
I went to work at Wells Fargo. Better pay. No nights. No weekends. Paid holidays. They like people with sales experience but no banking experience...that way they can train you their way. I'm happy there.
So how is the stagecoach ride?
The top Poster!
Unread July 15th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I was offered a store manager job at Gamestop today. Anyone manage a Gamestop before or know anybody who has?
Me. I absolutely hated it. There were times where it could be fun, but when having to go through random pocket searches every time you or your employees leave the store, the fact that if you leave the store without another manager present (and I mean even if just one foot crosses the exit) you get fired, the DM constantly breathing up your ass, ridiculous goals, I ended up going back to Blockbuster until my store closed. It was that bad. The pay is great, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TelePizza For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (July 15th, 2011), smit1979 (July 15th, 2011)
Unread July 15th, 2011, 11:47 AM

I do loss prevention at Target and love it. Just like any job it all depends on your bosses. They USUALLY like to promote from within, but there have been a couple times where ive gotten screwed. The pay isn't bad and as long as you do a good job, you'll see a nice raise during your review. I would definitely try it out and if the leadership is bad, request a transfer as they are usually very good about it.
Unread July 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I had an offer from them a year or so ago. For the work you do the pay was not enough (37k is what i was offered ) and had 50-60 hours weeks.

Last edited by charlied72; July 16th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to charlied72 For This Useful Post:
smit1979 (July 15th, 2011)
Unread July 16th, 2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
I left blockbuster in the April closings and was hired as asm at gamestop. So far it's pretty awesome. Tons of free stuff for employees. Especially the SMs. I have already been given a free ps3 from Sony, a free 250gb 360 slim hard drive, and 3 ps3 games, just for working there
Unread July 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
I manage a Petco now and I could not be happier. It's nice to be a part of a growing business and not a floundering one and that atmosphere makes all the difference. I'd list off the benefits, but seriously, it's better than BBV in every conceivable way.

Well, except maybe that I have to pay $1 to rent a movie now instead of getting it free. But my salary and raises make up for that pretty well...
im trying to work pt at Petco, care to share where u located?
Unread July 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM

I know of at least 5 people SM and above from my old region who have gone to Dollar General in the past 9 months. It is one of the fastest growing companies out there and has drawn the attention of the mighty Wal-Mart as a serious competitor.
Unread July 16th, 2011, 10:15 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy1234 View Post
I know of at least 5 people SM and above from my old region who have gone to Dollar General in the past 9 months. It is one of the fastest growing companies out there and has drawn the attention of the mighty Wal-Mart as a serious competitor.
I was approved for a manager job at dollar general last Jan...starting salary $45,000. Would have taken it, but due to medical problems cropping up, I decided to retire for life.....
The top Poster!
Unread July 16th, 2011, 01:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
So how is the stagecoach ride?
Yeehaaaaw!