I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
IHBB GOD

I'm surprised I havent seen this addressed on the boards.

Your regional staff is currently in meetings [I beleive Dallas] flown in ,in 2 groups. One wednesday 1 thursday. This includes RDO, HRM, whats left of LPM's and many corp staff.

They are determining or being told who is retained and who is terminated. Several higher ranking in the LPM and HRM are being axed.

Firiday those retained will then be given instruction on store count size and restructuring and then be told to determine which DM's will be terminated. Next week begins that process.

Its also been requested by your friendly neighborhood Hollywood video wrecking ball now the new BBV wrecking ball a list of all Store managers on finals and those who they feel are low performers.

Good times.

Additionally I've stated this before. Blockbuster can only get so small. As they shrink they become more at risk of losing revenue share deals as its no longer viable to the studios. With a low to no cash position a loss of revenue share means much smaller product buys and much less availability which equates to less sales. IE: the never ending downhill cycle. Companies like Computer city, circuit city fell in to this type of void and you even see it today in companys like radio shack with mainly outdated/old less relevant product.

Will be interesting to hear how the rest of the month pans out.
Unread January 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
I thought you didn't work for BBV anymore?
Unread January 27th, 2011, 12:01 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
Firiday those retained will then be given instruction on store count size and restructuring and then be told to determine which DM's will be terminated. Next week begins that process.

A question to be asked will be if they will be keeping the DMs that everyone is complaining about. They are getting the results that corporate wants, right?
Unread January 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
I thought you didn't work for BBV anymore?
My amply jugged board poster, no where did I state I work for BBI. Nor do I.
Unread January 27th, 2011, 12:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
A question to be asked will be if they will be keeping the DMs that everyone is complaining about. They are getting the results that corporate wants, right?
That BBI corp troll on the boards has done his fair share of ticking off the current DM's. I've sent a few of his comments to some guys I still know in the fields. He bashes as much as some here. All hes done is given a forum to many of the disgruntled employee's in the company to have an outlet. Why on earth he thought he would find the cream of the crop here is amazing in itself.

He just always many of the bitching complaining employees [the bulk of here but not all] an avenue to pursue an agenda. The companies needs DM's regardless of all the nagging of those who feel they would run a store better. Ive seen districts poorly managed and those that run without DM direction. The ones w/o far and away perform poorly, lose even more money, are dirty, and have poor service.

I've been told old corp boys neck may be on the chopping block this week also so time will tell.

Everyone one of them is being evaluated by their superiors and it flip flops almost hourly at this point.
Unread January 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
IHBB GOD

its nature for bb to close down stores when they under perform or rent goes up. They should have made the higher up cuts a long time ago. They could have kept stores open longer. Put their salary towards that new high rent!

Sounds like BBVcasualposter making an educational guess. As the ship gets cut, blockbuster is trying to keep the best of the best employees around. It makes sense lol
Unread January 27th, 2011, 01:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Jeez, I leave for a year and that's still all you can talk about? Now I remember why I left.

On top of that, I never said the size.

I find it curious that you have so much info when you no longer work for the companyam
Unread January 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
You say you don't but you did and was a mole and how can we believe you don't anymore.
Just to much info about corp...............
The top Poster!
Unread January 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
You say you don't but you did and was a mole and how can we believe you don't anymore.
Just to much info about corp...............
Thought you left why would you even care. You become paranoid now?

I still have tons of friends in corporate. Hell I put 15 years in. Did you write off everyone you knew there?

I didnt
Unread January 28th, 2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officiallyconfused View Post
Landlord was just here showing someone the buliding.

Guess we didn't sell enough bundles or TA

Update...today the For Rent sign went up.

Still no word from the DM or Corp that it's even happening.

Assholes

Oh and btw our store is one of the top 10 in the region right now.

For real and the rent sign is up

SO NOONE IS SAFE FROM CLOSURE
I went through this with Hollywood several times. I hate to say it but they won't warn anyone. You'll find out from landlords coming in, asking about rent or just getting the signs in the mail saying the store is closing. BB has the same kind of evil and corrupt leadership Hollywood had at the end. It's time for everyone to start seeking new employment. Don't make the mistake I did and let them keep transfering you. It's just going to mean you go through more closings and it will drag you down.