I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 12th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Saturday morning meeting next Saturday. Anyone else?

Went in to pick up my paycheck and find out the DM is going around letting all the stores know to schedule a meeting about who knows what. He doesn't even know what it's about yet. Apparently he finds out from the RDO tonight or tomorrow. Then the SM's will find out from him at their weekly meeting. My guess (assuming I'm not being fed a bunch of lies to get me in on a Sat morning just to get fired) is that it's the announcement of the 2-tiered pricing plan for onlines. Can't wait to hear how they want us to pitch it. Maybe they're going to buy us chalkboards and chairs so that we can teach a TA class every hour for all the confusion it'll cause.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Just fax me a memo, screw having a meeting.
The top Poster!
Unread April 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to CureForEmo
nope, not about 2-tiered. your first guess about getting fired could be right, but there is a legitimate sanctioned meeting next weekend. it's about the roll-out of a big pos update, I believe it's called ICV. kind of scares me that even your dl doesn't know what it's about, since they even sent a compass email out some time ago giving us the vague heads up. also there's a beta test module in compass for it if you're really curious (read: bored).
Unread April 12th, 2007, 04:09 PM

POS update? seriously? That would be heavenly.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CureForEmo View Post
nope, not about 2-tiered. your first guess about getting fired could be right, but there is a legitimate sanctioned meeting next weekend. it's about the roll-out of a big pos update, I believe it's called ICV. kind of scares me that even your dl doesn't know what it's about, since they even sent a compass email out some time ago giving us the vague heads up. also there's a beta test module in compass for it if you're really curious (read: bored).
I never read the compass updates since most of it is crap and the important stuff I find out about on here. But seriously, any meeting that doesn't talk about TA might actually keep me awake for longer than 30 secs.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
IHBB GOD

I have heard some rumors about a POS is in the works. Something about the national database, and us being able to use it to see if a customer has multiple accounts. It is supposed to prevent those lovely "Got a bad account" voice mails that we seem to get weekly from other stores in our district, but you will be able to see if someone has a bad account at a store in another district. Sounds great, doesn't it?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 04:59 PM

the 21st

Yea i remeber reading something about a sugjested store meeting for the 21st in an email last week. I think part of it at least is about the whole 3 for 9.99 blue sticker thing that is WAY more complicated than it needs to be, so it figures that they tell the SM's to have a meeting about it after the promotion has been going on for a month and we have all figured it out.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
IHBB GOD

"big pos update" = BBucks button is being replaced by Online button
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 05:04 PM

My understanding is it is about the Health program they are rolling out. At least that's what the compass emails have been saying.
Unread April 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
"big pos update" = BBucks button is being replaced by Online button
oh joy. although it's about time, still, oh joy.