I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 26th, 2008, 11:25 PM

Laptop Return

You may have seen the field communication about us having to return the laptops to Corp soon. Anyone know if there's an alternate plan to give us access to the web site so we can look crap up for the customers?
Unread June 27th, 2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDan View Post
You may have seen the field communication about us having to return the laptops to Corp soon. Anyone know if there's an alternate plan to give us access to the web site so we can look crap up for the customers?
Actually I missed that communications. Are they serious? I saw a communications last week to the effect of, "if your laptop/wireless card is damaged/stolen, report it then destroy whatever's left, as replacements will no longer be issued." But for them to recall the laptops now that customers (and employees) are finding them useful is just retarded (although, I've come to expect nothing less of BBV)!
Unread June 27th, 2008, 12:53 AM

Yes there is a way to do so. If you look thru the links on the site and go to the BBB site you can actually find a link to yahoo business and to a search bar. Then you have access to search for specific sites. We have used it for quite some time to access IMDB to look up those movies we can't find for customers.
Unread June 27th, 2008, 05:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to girl_growler
Quote:
Originally Posted by my-video-is-late View Post
Yes there is a way to do so. If you look thru the links on the site and go to the BBB site you can actually find a link to yahoo business and to a search bar. Then you have access to search for specific sites. We have used it for quite some time to access IMDB to look up those movies we can't find for customers.
um...If the laptops are gone, how are you supposed to do that?
Unread June 27th, 2008, 07:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
The Following User Says Thank You to HardcoreKeith For This Useful Post:
girl_growler (June 27th, 2008)
Unread June 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youdontknowme View Post
Actually I missed that communications. Are they serious? I saw a communications last week to the effect of, "if your laptop/wireless card is damaged/stolen, report it then destroy whatever's left, as replacements will no longer be issued." But for them to recall the laptops now that customers (and employees) are finding them useful is just retarded (although, I've come to expect nothing less of BBV)!
That's all the communications I have seen. I would hate for us to get rid of it. We have ours set up to run Demos of games that are up for presale. Works very well.
The top Poster!
Unread June 27th, 2008, 11:16 AM
IHBB Freak

Yeah, says they are deactivating the sprint cards, and u have to place the laptop in backroom until given further instructions
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread June 27th, 2008, 11:23 AM

You know, you multiply the monthly sprint card fees times the number of laptops out there, it must be quite a bit of money. If your store is like mine, there's a dsl modem in the back room, been sitting there for 8 or 9 months with the dsl light glowing. So they're paying dsl fees along with the sprint cards! I know the dsl is for the upcoming download kiosks, but it could be connected to a wireless router, the laptops unlocked to use the internal wireless connection, and there you go...access to BB.com or IMDB.
Unread June 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
You can be fired for that. Just a heads up.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
You can be fired for that. Just a heads up.
Just like posting crap on here can get you fired? I never said I would advise doing it or the consequences of doing so.

On a side note next time you see your DM, or RM, or LPM try this one out:
"I heard about (INSERT HERE) on this forum called I Hate Blockbuster that (INSERT HERE)"

I bet you can imagine how far that converstion and your job will go....