I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Except, it's not a 1-5 system... it's a no-no-no-no-yes system. Give the customer FOUR chances to say no, then punish the employees when they get a no.
it is not a bad system if it is not weighted wrong. Blockbuster is finding the wrong information regarding it. But I do understand what they are getting from it. Its like trying to talk to a someone about a car when all they know are motorcycles or vice versa.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 12th, 2011, 03:12 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Just heard from a going forward DM that they are closing an additional 200 stores. Wouldn't doubt that they are closed before the 25th final sale is completed.
This comes as no surprise. Well, a little surprise... that it's just 200. We'll see.
Unread April 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDERSON View Post
This the 3rd time I try to reply to a post why don't u approve any of my post
I would like to ask anyone if its possible to fire an employee cause they did not hit all goals and if the store manager should get fired for not hitting store goals all 6 of them? I'm tired of being
Harrased and threaten by the same DM for years it does not look like RDO gives a crap!
Did you read my rules? I approved all your messages but DON'T FUCKING POST SHIT MULTIPLE TIMES. IT WILL BE APPROVED WHEN I FUCKING GET TO IT.

Thanks.
Unread April 14th, 2011, 08:31 AM

Two questions that hopefully someone here can answer, as I don't want to spend all day on the phone with India.

1. At my borrowed store we use the NM for nonmember account (as opposed to my home store's Jane/John Doe accts). When you ring something up, and hit total, it won't allow you to untotal. It also will not allow you to clear the NM account if there's a balance on it. So essentially, you're screwed if you need to do a credit or ring more stuff up. You have to go to another station and use restart locked station. Any suggestions?

2. At least ten times a day, on each of the regularly used registers, the credit card machines (while you're ringing someone up) shut down and say "this lane closed." In order to let them use their card (unless you want to do it manually), you have to hit 1 + cancel + enter on the cc machine, clear out of mem acct, go to csr menu, back into pos, and into the mem acct. It takes forever and pisses people off.

On a more comical and less frustrated note, I climbed into said store's attics (yes, plural) yesterday. Among the located items: old pop, a box of invue security lanyards (when were these used??), a tally printer, 4 cash tills, 12 large boxes of yellow locks, a post it with the alphabet written on it, a brand new binder of confection price points, never opened (perfect since we were redoing confection to planner that day), new binders, terms of service for movie pass on paper, 10 boxed up 7 clip strips (i'd never seen these before), impulse displayers (of which we previously had none), the membership services hang sign, caulk and the caulking gun, and about 100 pieces of shelving, most of which were these weird triple shelves, like steps.

All of that and I still didn't find the one thing we needed. Since we were redoing confection, i needed more of the metal brackets that hold the flat/angled shelves. We ended up making do, though we had to bend some to get them to make flat shelves. What a day...
Unread April 14th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
1. At my borrowed store we use the NM for nonmember account (as opposed to my home store's Jane/John Doe accts). When you ring something up, and hit total, it won't allow you to untotal. It also will not allow you to clear the NM account if there's a balance on it. So essentially, you're screwed if you need to do a credit or ring more stuff up. You have to go to another station and use restart locked station. Any suggestions?
There are 2 ways you can fix that but if you do have a second register free I would recommend using that first as it can take some extra time and both methods require managers numbers.

Method #1 - When you can't clear the transaction put the sale through for the exact amount in cash. After the draw pops go back in and do exchange return credits for each item and do a cash refund to even the draw out. I wouldn't recommend this one as it can look really shady to LP and fucks with your stores credits.

Method #2 - Go into the manager menu and select RESTART LOCKED STATION. It will bring up a menu of all your POS consoles with who they are ID'ed to. Pick the one that is stuck in NM and wait for it to completely reset. When it is done reseting it will look like how it is first thing in the morning (telling you the POS release number and to press enter to continue). Depending on how retarded your POS is when you go back into NM the balance may be there or may need to be rung up again.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
Unread April 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM

You don't have to void everything off. Just say they paid cash, then go back and do an overring credit for the exact amount, then do the steps for a refund (but don't actually take out the money out). Bring the account back up and then do a negative overring (to put the balance back on the account) and have the customer pay with their card. Make sure you COMMENT THE ACCOUNT and save all receipts/account history 0.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
Unread April 14th, 2011, 09:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockbusterLuvsU View Post
You don't have to void everything off. Just say they paid cash, then go back and do an overring credit for the exact amount, then do the steps for a refund (but don't actually take out the money out). Bring the account back up and then do a negative overring (to put the balance back on the account) and have the customer pay with their card. Make sure you COMMENT THE ACCOUNT and save all receipts/account history 0.
Sorry I mistyped that section lol. I meant to say to do the exchange return for items not wanted cause 9 times out of 10 thats the reason for that mess in the first place.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
Unread April 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM

Man the entire NM unable to go back thing is such a load of bullshit. Who the hell are the idiots that thought that was a good idea?
Unread April 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Did you read my rules? I approved all your messages but DON'T FUCKING POST SHIT MULTIPLE TIMES. IT WILL BE APPROVED WHEN I FUCKING GET TO IT.

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underemployed For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 15th, 2011), Hot Head (April 14th, 2011)
Unread April 14th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
So the awful truth about the Kents comes out.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.