I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
IHBB GOD

June email push/thank you promo

I was told today that we have to start asking every customer to get there email and to give the Thank You card to every customer who rents anything. I got around 30 emails, but kept forgetting to scan that pesky second barcode that is supposed to give us that 1.00 payout.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread June 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM

yea me too. its a nice incentive...lets see if they pay out...
Unread June 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Read the program guide, there are several steps that must followed, otherwise it won't work.
Unread June 18th, 2011, 10:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Does the process require them to respond to an email? Because otherwise all you have to do is type a random email into every single account you see...you don't even have to tell the customer. I used to do it all the time.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread June 18th, 2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusX7 View Post
yea me too. its a nice incentive...lets see if they pay out...
A week before the payout will come, we will probably get a message saying "we really would of liked to give out $1 per email but due to circumstances we can only give 25 cents" - The Blockbuster Way
The Following User Says Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 19th, 2011)
Unread June 19th, 2011, 02:36 AM

The program guide says that the emails must be valid, so no you can't just make it up. Am sure once the drive ends, Dish will send out something to all the emails, and whatever bounces will not count. I advise that you don't make up emails, you can potentially get yourself in trouble, and prevent others from making an honest dollar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to incaroca For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (June 19th, 2011), katiebell (June 19th, 2011)
Unread June 19th, 2011, 04:25 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
The program guide says that the emails must be valid, so no you can't just make it up. Am sure once the drive ends, Dish will send out something to all the emails, and whatever bounces will not count. I advise that you don't make up emails, you can potentially get yourself in trouble, and prevent others from making an honest dollar.
Email phishing

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 19th, 2011, 06:17 AM

I'm gonna make keeping a record of this my new religion. I got 16 last night and expect to do about the same on every shift. If they don't pay out the full amount I'm gonna get Hot Head to come to my store and drop a load in the entranceway!
Unread June 19th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
I'm gonna make keeping a record of this my new religion. I got 16 last night and expect to do about the same on every shift. If they don't pay out the full amount I'm gonna get Hot Head to come to my store and drop a load in the entranceway!
Get ready to drop some serious fudge dragons HH because I don't think there's any way they're gonna pay the full amount on this one under lol.
Unread June 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
IHBB GOD

Email Acquisition - Incentive
How can I make some cash?
It starts Saturday, June 18th, for every Customer that gives a valid e-mail address and
that are activates our free movie offer, the Employee checks out the transaction will be awarded $1.00.
This is a great opportunity to make some extra cash from now until the end of the July 4th weekend.
Why the big push?
It’s important to capture or update the e-mail address of our Customers. This helps ensure we
can communicate all the fun things happening at Blockbuster. It’s a important step toward
driving our Active Membership and Visits and helps to create a stronger Customer base, which
is our goal.
What’s the fine print on this?
Employee pay outs will be compiled and sent out Mid July. More detailed incentive plan guide
will be coming your way next week, but we didn’t want you to miss a single opportunity to
continue driving our Active Members through the June Free Movie Offer and e-mail!
How do I get started?
The attached program guide will walk you step-by-step through the process needed to
get an e-mail addresses for Customers also how to track your contribution to the efforts.
There is an attached is a Two-Minute Drill that focuses on the skills and conversations with
customers that will make you as successful as possible. Review the Drill, practice with your
team, and talk to every Customer!
What is required?
In order to qualify for the incentive you must ensure the following three things happen:
1. Email
2. Tracking barcode scanned as described in the program guide
3. June Free Rental offer activated on the Members account (if not already active)

Last edited by djblade; June 19th, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djblade For This Useful Post:
incaroca (June 19th, 2011)