I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread December 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM
IHBB Freak

If you thought Blockbuster customers were bad...

So, I am now working in a call center on a customer service line. While I won't tell you which company on the thread, I will say that if you have noticed a shit-load of commercials for a coffee maker you've never heard of before, that's probably my client.

That being said, I thought that Blockbuster customers were dense. The people who buy from us can be downright comatose. Observe a sampling of complaints, issues, and questions I've fielded in just over a month:

• "What flavor coffee do you have?" When I explained we have over 200 varieties to the caller, she responded, "But do they taste like coffee?"
  • Ten-minute, extended dance remix of a woman cussing me because not only did she miss the return service phone call from one of our techincians because she herself kept the line tied up, but that this is her THIRD brewer in as many years and complains about the lack of customer service...and she still buys from us. Worse, ALL her previous service orders say she's "never buying from _______" again!"
  • "How do you make it brew?" 1. Water. 2. the little premade filter of coffee. 3. CLOSE THE LID! (the most missed thing in our records!) 4. Pick a cup size. 5. Hit "BREW". How do people mess this up?
  • ....yet, our most common complaint is that the machine is "complicated."
  • I had a customer call to say that she was allergic to the coffee...then placed another order.
  • I had a woman who complained that she couldn't afford the little filters of coffee....then bought five brewers at over $100 each for each of her relatives. The retail price of the filters? $10.
  • "I put CLR(rust and mineral cleaner)/bleach/other liquid cleaner into the brewer, why won't it brew now?"

There are probably more, but I just can't think of them. So, if you're still at Big Blue, just remember, it could be worse...or funnier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost of AtlanticVamp For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (December 12th, 2010)
Unread December 9th, 2010, 09:20 AM

I worked for a ice cream stand for a few years and someone asked me once "Is there cookie dough in the cookie dough ice cream?" and "Do you choose the flavor or do I choose the flavor or ice cream?"
Unread December 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
IHBB Freak

Years ago I was working box office for an off-Broadway theatre and a woman walked up to the counter and asked my supervisor what time the show began. He replied, 8 o'clock. She then snapped back, "Well is that a.m. or p.m.?!!" We just kind of looked at each other and he politely replied p.m. LOL
Unread December 10th, 2010, 09:20 AM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeaderOfShifts For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (December 11th, 2010), sar94pga (December 14th, 2010)
Unread December 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
I worked for a ice cream stand for a few years and someone asked me once "Is there cookie dough in the cookie dough ice cream?" and "Do you choose the flavor or do I choose the flavor or ice cream?"
OMG! I worked for Baskin-Robbins about eight years ago and got asked the same thing!
Unread December 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
OMG! I worked for Baskin-Robbins about eight years ago and got asked the same thing!
LOL...that was the first job i ever had....ran the place for an old womean....loved making the specialty cakes.
The top Poster!
Unread December 11th, 2010, 10:00 PM
IHBB Freak

I was a life guard at the Y when I was a teen. I had this kid around 10-12 years old come in with his family to go swimming. He had never been swimming.. which is screwed. but whatever. He actually asked me.. being dead serious.
"Can you breathe underwater?"

WTF!? Parents.. come on! what are you doing?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClutztomerControl For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (December 12th, 2010), CoffeeCup (December 12th, 2010), Hot Head (December 12th, 2010)
Unread December 12th, 2010, 05:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
I was a life guard at the Y when I was a teen. I had this kid around 10-12 years old come in with his family to go swimming. He had never been swimming.. which is screwed. but whatever. He actually asked me.. being dead serious.
"Can you breathe underwater?"

WTF!? Parents.. come on! what are you doing?
Was he really fat that would explain why. He sunk doesn't matter if you are trying to swim and you are sinking. HAHAHA

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 12th, 2010, 09:06 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Was he really fat that would explain why. He sunk doesn't matter if you are trying to swim and you are sinking. HAHAHA
everyone knows that the really fat ones are extra buoyant. wouldn't sink at all.
Unread January 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
IHBB Freak

Exclamation Dateline: Cedar Lake, Indiana

Anyone live in Cedar Lake, IN?

I ask this because one of my customers is from there, and did something incredibly stupid. Normally, as soon as I finish a call, I completely forget about them and move on to the next call. I never remember their name or information. So, it had to be pretty bad that I can remember this lady:

Due to the snow storms about a couple weeks ago, storms that snowed in much of the Northeast, we had a lot of calls about people trying to find out how long it will take to get their orders. The weather had delayed a lot of our orders, not only because it took FedEx longer to deliver them, but our offices in MA and PA were snowed in and our employees couldn't make it in because the roads were closed. We have been explaining this and apologizing for the delays, sometimes sweetening the deal with free coffee.

Most customers were understanding. Not this lady in Cedar Lake.

She called and began being very rude, but not in an adult fashion---more like a teenaged "Mean Girl". After I tried explaining the situation to her, she kept on: "Well, I am OUT of COFFEE here! If I don't have COFFEE, you won't want to know me, and WE wouldn't want that, now WOULD WE??!?!?!?"

I blanked. My mouth was hanging open. Was this woman really threatening, BY PHONE!, to do something mean to me, all the way from INDIANA? When I caught my breath, I again apologized and offered to send her the free coffee. Nope; again with the "I'm MEAN without my COFFEE, and we wouldn't want that would WE?!?!?!" Eventually, she became so interested in getting louder with this threat of what would happen, and "we don't want that, would we?!!?!", I transferred her to Escalation.

So, if you live in or near Cedar Lake, IN, know you have a galloping bitch living there.