I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM

The store I work at is closing 40048 April 10th

Well just found out tonight at a store meeting that my store is closing April 10th.

Had a good run I been with Blockbuster for over 3 years straight. I use to work in Kansas then transferred out to another store in Oklahoma. All the stores in Kansas went out a few months back now this store is going .

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if almost 90 % off all stores are gone by then end of this year. Almost ALL the stores in my district are going or gone.

I really enjoyed the time coming to this forum and reading about Blockbuster stuff. You guys where great about keeping people informed about stuff going on and most the time before my store even knew about changes. Thanks again.

On a good ending the store still gets it's TA payout event and at least they didn't screw us too hard
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PartyGuy For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (March 21st, 2011), Ghost of AtlanticVamp (April 12th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (March 21st, 2011), johnlow71 (March 21st, 2011), zooworker (March 22nd, 2011)
Unread March 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM

That sucks.The writing is on the wall for my store; we've been getting boxes of shipments of store to store transfers and several DC PRP shipments (which only closing stores get). So the announcement for my store will be coming soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to cshdropper For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (March 21st, 2011)
Unread March 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Do you mean you will start selling everything on the 10th or your doors are shut for good?

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
Unread March 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM

We stop renting this Thursday and after that everything goes for sell. Doors will shut on April 10th from my understanding. Our store was a HIGH volume store too didn't expect this to happen this quick.
Unread March 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Run while you can
Unread March 21st, 2011, 04:03 AM
IHBB GOD

i always find out the scoop here first. i love it cause my managers always smiling because when she drops the news in meetings she looks at me with that big smile knowning i already know the company is going to butt rape us.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 21st, 2011)
Unread March 21st, 2011, 05:29 AM

Luckily

I have another full time job I just got a few months ago. I went from working 15 hours a week at Blockbuster to just one day a week My full time job paid more.

I do feel bad for the people at my store. We live in a small town and jobs are hard to get. Almost ALL of the people I worked with have no other jobs and depend on money they get from Blockbuster. It sucks , What can you do.

I knew this was coming not too hard too see from all the news and stock info. I warned everyone at my store but honestly I think they didn't want to see the truth.

NOW it's too late EVERYONE else should be ready if you work at Blockbuster, your store closing will be coming sooner then you think. Don't let anyone tell you different.
The Following User Says Thank You to PartyGuy For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 21st, 2011)
Unread March 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
IHBB GOD

I'm surprised that they'd have such an accelerated timetable, and I wonder if your store is included in the 900 or whatever and they just "forgot" to tell you. Hundreds of stores are shuttering on April 10th but they've known since mid-February and are enjoying six-week liquidation sales.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread March 21st, 2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
I'm surprised that they'd have such an accelerated timetable, and I wonder if your store is included in the 900 or whatever and they just "forgot" to tell you. Hundreds of stores are shuttering on April 10th but they've known since mid-February and are enjoying six-week liquidation sales.
There were several stores, for whatever reason, where they had trouble contacting landlords to renegotiate the lease. There was also a protected store list, mentioned in the purchase agreement, so any store not on this list and without a new deal in place, or without a satisfactory long term lease, is now being closed. I hear there are about 50 or so of these company wide.
Unread March 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
There were several stores, for whatever reason, where they had trouble contacting landlords to renegotiate the lease. There was also a protected store list, mentioned in the purchase agreement, so any store not on this list and without a new deal in place, or without a satisfactory long term lease, is now being closed. I hear there are about 50 or so of these company wide.
Yup, everywhere in the United States. Landlords are not budging >.< they are increasing the rent or just telling them to leave. Its so unfair because some stores really do make money. Its freaking gay