I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread January 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM

I don't have a problem with Blockbuster, just this...

The constant bombardment of customers.

I know, I know, Blockbuster employees are technically in retail, but I don't think corporate realizes how annoying it is to customers. I sometimes HATE having to go into Blockbuster because I know I'll be annoyed to buy stuff I don't want.

Not all customers are aware of certain programs, that's fine, but stop ramming the onlines down my throat. I also just walked through a little maze of a line, which leads me through endless amounts of pop, candy and popcorn. I'm PREEETTY sure if I wanted something, I would've grabbed it already.

I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but I find being bombarded by employees to be rude. I know its not your fault guys, its corporate, but I'd love to see a statistic, no matter how small, of people who choose not to go to Blockbuster because they hate being annoyed.
Unread January 21st, 2007, 09:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Well it's not you then, because you keep renting. It's our job OK. Just be polite and say no Thank You. Would mean alot to us, because we know it is a pain in the as to hear this all the time. But we have to do it.
The top Poster!
Unread January 21st, 2007, 09:53 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAutomatic View Post
The constant bombardment of customers.

I know, I know, Blockbuster employees are technically in retail, but I don't think corporate realizes how annoying it is to customers. I sometimes HATE having to go into Blockbuster because I know I'll be annoyed to buy stuff I don't want.

Not all customers are aware of certain programs, that's fine, but stop ramming the onlines down my throat. I also just walked through a little maze of a line, which leads me through endless amounts of pop, candy and popcorn. I'm PREEETTY sure if I wanted something, I would've grabbed it already.

I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but I find being bombarded by employees to be rude. I know its not your fault guys, its corporate, but I'd love to see a statistic, no matter how small, of people who choose not to go to Blockbuster because they hate being annoyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Well it's not you then, because you keep renting. It's our job OK. Just be polite and say no Thank You. Would mean alot to us, because we know it is a pain in the as to hear this all the time. But we have to do it.
Yep, Zoo said it best. Trust me, we know how much a lot of customers get tired of it (Hell, I get tired of it when i'm on the other end of the counter at a different retailer). But know this: A lot of us get threatened with our jobs as far as sales go. We're often given unrealistic goals that need to be met in a week, and a lot of people, particularly MODs are constantly being stressed out over it. Granted, we could leave at anytime, but some of us (like me) still think the job is worth going to. Some of us arent paid half bad and get flexible schedules. So anyway, as Zoo said, be polite to us, and we'll do the same.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread January 21st, 2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Nah, I understand, like I said in the post, I know you guys have to. And don't worry, I'm always polite with my "no thanks". Though, they continue to push sometimes. That's when it gets bad and annoying to me. The initial "We have this which does this, are you interested?" is good enough.
Unread January 21st, 2007, 09:58 PM
IHBB GOD

I have been in retail for many years and I know when to quit on a customer and not push it. But BBI is so demanding that we sale programs.
The top Poster!
Unread January 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
IHBB GOD

Or for godsake just sign up for the fucking Total Access program! It's cheaper than renting four movies anyway!!!

But seriously, I will tell you this much: TA customers don't get hounded NEARLY as much.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread January 21st, 2007, 10:02 PM
IHBB GOD

Not at all, they have the TA and you can't sell them anything else. Except all the candy and softdrinks and popcorn and etc...............
The top Poster!
Unread January 21st, 2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Or for godsake just sign up for the fucking Total Access program! It's cheaper than renting four movies anyway!!!

But seriously, I will tell you this much: TA customers don't get hounded NEARLY as much.
I just basically take advantage of the Rewards program when it comes to renting. I've tried Total Access, and just Blockbuster Online in general, and hate to say it, Netflix (to me) is superior and better for what I need. BB Online's site was less attractive and more buggy when it comes to my queue. I've received films I didn't ask for, and gotten DVDs I had not arranged to be #1 and the movies I had put at #1 were said to be Available now, so I don't know how that happens.
Netflix's design is sleeker, I find their shipping and receiving to be quite faster, and I'm a fan of the profile system you can set up for multiple people under the same account.

Sorry guys, Netflix is the one for me. I get them to do my online dvds and I just pay to rent at Blockbuster. I don't see what the problem is.
Unread January 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I have been in retail for many years and I know when to quit on a customer and not push it. But BBI is so demanding that we sale programs.
That's what I've been hearing. I hope I didn't offend you with the initial post. I've heard quite a lot about how much is expected out of Blockbuster employees, so I know not to freak out on you guys. It's just frustrating, but as it was stated above, it seems to be frustrating for both the customer and employee...
Unread January 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Well, either

1) You're in the store a lot and would benefit from a progarm that would save you money
or
2) You're not in the store a lot, and therefore don't have to hear about it often