I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 8th, 2010, 07:17 PM
IHBB GOD

the problem with the advertising is that it normally only hits the major markets. IE: NYC, Dallas, Los Angela's....

I remember with EOLF i only saw 2 commercials. And that wasn't even while in my home town. It was while i was at by BF at the time's house. closer to a bigger city.
Unread November 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM

I can't believe the lack of communication in this company!!
First off, I went to the Chicago market's meeting, as an acting store manager, since my SM's last day was the following day, and the first thing I did when I returned to work was INFORM THE STAFF of ALL the information given to us at the meeting. WHAT IS WRONG WITH STORE MANAGERS and DM's!?!?
I was a SM for 6 years until my store closed, and my staff NEVER had any questions as to what was going on. Not that I'm perfect by ANY means, but HELLO! Your staff is only as knowledgable as the information you give them, and this goes to DM's too!
As for the DM that said the advertising was about the new terms....??? WTF, were they sleeping during the advertisement they played for us??!! It's about, sadly, and only about our 28 day window over Netflix and Redbox. THAT'S IT!
As our customers say, "No wonder you guys are going out of business"...I find the lack of and wrong communication in stores to be depressing, and I thank GOD I've possibly got another job lined up!!!!
Unread November 12th, 2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocknocker View Post
As for the DM that said the advertising was about the new terms....??? WTF, were they sleeping during the advertisement they played for us??!! It's about, sadly, and only about our 28 day window over Netflix and Redbox. THAT'S IT!

I guess it would make sense to not advertise something were not even going to inform customers of, that we are changing.........AGAIN! And as far as the 28 day window thing, ya its nice but I think they are going to need much bigger bait on the line to get custs in the stores, and when custs find out the new policy......*sigh* they are going to ask, why didn't anyone inform us of this change, (as I think of a diversionary tactic) we have a special on confection, hows about a candy bundle to go along with your deception.

I had it all wrong, buying a bundle won't save a job. Who knew?
Unread November 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocknocker View Post
I can't believe the lack of communication in this company!!
First off, I went to the Chicago market's meeting, as an acting store manager, since my SM's last day was the following day, and the first thing I did when I returned to work was INFORM THE STAFF of ALL the information given to us at the meeting. WHAT IS WRONG WITH STORE MANAGERS and DM's!?!?
I was a SM for 6 years until my store closed, and my staff NEVER had any questions as to what was going on. Not that I'm perfect by ANY means, but HELLO! Your staff is only as knowledgable as the information you give them, and this goes to DM's too!
Some store managers like their employees in the dark about things. Outside of safe combination and my alarm code, I try to get everyone on the same page because it makes my job easier when I don't have to give some dumb credit every few minutes.