I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 14th, 2010, 01:31 AM
IHBB GOD

the good, the bad, and the FUCK YOU BB

disclaimer: rant mode ACTIVATION... 3... 2...

i opened today with my SM cus there was a lot to get done.

sold 4 holiday items, 1 2/$15, and 4 bundles (2 2/3, 1 2/2, 1 2/4). it's dead as fuck but i am seriously kicking ass and taking names. but of course, there's a twist to this story.

my SM gets on her conference call an hour before my shift ends. half an hour later, she gives me the puppy eyes. oh no, don't say the words.

only counting 3/3 and 5/5 bundles. NOOOOOOOOO!

holiday items are no longer being tracked. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

instead of pushing 2/15 game rentals, we now push the $1.99 Fallout New Vegas. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

15 minutes left in my shift and i have no sales. only Blockbuster makes sales disappear ._.

BTW, it seems that corporate finally listened to us about one thing: the earned free rental for Rewards does not seem to be printing out. it's back to staying on the account.

*sigh* i guess today wasn't a complete failure of a day... NOT.

=3
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (December 15th, 2010)
Unread December 14th, 2010, 01:57 AM

Welcome to Blockbuster, the land of disappointment.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
BTW, it seems that corporate finally listened to us about one thing: the earned free rental for Rewards does not seem to be printing out. it's back to staying on the account.
I haven't heard of them not printing out. Are they going back on the account company wide?
Unread December 14th, 2010, 03:55 AM

yea shit happens man. you'll be alright.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 04:34 AM
IHBB GOD

the rewards free rental: about 3 customers had the same scenario where they earned their free rentals on that transaction and upon expecting a coupon, nothing printed out and there was no "coupon printed successfully?" prompt. i then looked at the account, saw that it said:

Free Rentals Earned: 1
Free Rentals Available: 1
Free Rentals Used: 0

and looked at the bottom of receipt where it said they can use their free rental the next time they come in.

so yeah, i'm pretty sure i'm not mistaken though i have no idea if it's nationwide.

=3
Unread December 14th, 2010, 09:07 AM

As far as the rewards not printing up and going back to the old system doesn't really surprise me. There have been many times in the last few months that the shift lead and the CSRs were not told any changes. For example, when we were pre-ordering Halo: Reach anyone that preorders could get and additional 25% trade-in value if they brought in games the day the game came out. Afterwards, we were told that it was going to be the same with COD:Black Ops, Star Wars: Forced Unleased 2, and another game I can't remember. So, when we were having the game drive, that was one of the bigger perks for us to pitch to game members. Our SM overheard me pitching this, told me we were only doing that for Halo, which prompted the most surprised look on my shift lead. We were under the impression that it was for the above said games. A couple days later I overheard him pitch the extra 25% to a game member for Black Ops. WTH, I asked him about it which he replied that it was back on. I pitched the pre-order a few times without the extra 25% which he pointed out why I didn't. Epic facepalm. The kind of facepalm that Piccard and Riker would do simultanously.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
IHBB Freak

I'm hoping that's just a district or regional thing, not company wide.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM
IHBB Freak

actually..all bundles still count..but u need 100 of them...and 70 of them have to be the 3/3 and the 5/5 so the other bundles u sell..go towards the 30 u needed...
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 11:51 AM

I had a rewards customer today that earned their free rental and it was back to the old way! yay!
Unread December 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
IHBB Freak

$1.99 Fallout New Vegas?

What a terrible rental.... Though I loved Fallout: NV and looking forward to the DLC, hear me out.

1. The game is epically long.(Shorter than Fallout 3 but I digress.) or Is that the plan? To get people to rent it longer or buy it?

2. Fallout: NV has a cult like following. Not every gamer is going to want to rent it.

3. Not a family friendly game. That cuts this deal down to Adults Only.

x

Last edited by ClutztomerControl; December 14th, 2010 at 01:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClutztomerControl For This Useful Post:
MaximusX7 (December 15th, 2010)