I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 20th, 2007, 05:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Ive never waited around for someones ride to turn up either Atom.
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....
Unread March 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM
IHBB GOD

I used to leave CSRs outside waiting for their rides all the time. Sorry.
It's not my fault they don't have a car and their ride is late. That late at night, I need to get home.
Don't like waiting around in the dark, then get another job, buy a car, learn to use the buses, or get new friends who will show up on time.

Sure, I offered rides sometimes, if I was in a good mood, didn't have to be home right away, and actually liked the CSR. But in general, I just abandoned them and felt nothing wrong of it.
Unread March 20th, 2007, 05:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
I used to leave CSRs outside waiting for their rides all the time. Sorry.
It's not my fault they don't have a car and their ride is late. That late at night, I need to get home.
Don't like waiting around in the dark, then get another job, buy a car, learn to use the buses, or get new friends who will show up on time.

Sure, I offered rides sometimes, if I was in a good mood, didn't have to be home right away, and actually liked the CSR. But in general, I just abandoned them and felt nothing wrong of it.
My store has a 24 hour grocery store in the parking lot, so I can see your point. They could (at my store) walk over there to wait for their ride.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread March 20th, 2007, 10:30 PM

My store is the only thing open for miles around in a Not Very Nice part of town.

It doesn't bother me any, cause I can get home under my own power, but we just hired this petite, cute little 19-year-old girl who also doesn't have a car, and like hell I'm gonna take off and leave her there alone at night in that neighborhood with a big neon sign over her head that says ABDUCT ME.
Unread March 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyNormal View Post
but we just hired this petite, cute little 19-year-old girl who also doesn't have a car, and like hell I'm gonna take off and leave her there alone at night in that neighborhood with a big neon sign over her head that says ABDUCT ME.

And we're all sure your motives are completely honourable

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread March 20th, 2007, 11:03 PM
IHBB GOD

All of my CSRs and managers have vehicles
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread April 4th, 2007, 01:12 AM

Call-ins (due to lack of transportation) became a huge problem @ our store back when I started. The SM rode his bike to work. Of course, we had what we call "The Blockbuster Curse" which I thought was just a joke until I was a victim. They told me that everyone that had ever worked there either didn't have a car, or their car had been wrecked since they started working there. Most of the damage had occured in the BBV parking lot. Eventually, my 1st truck was totalled, and then my new truck was hit in the parking lot while I was working. Since then, every new employee's vehicle has been hit in the parking lot or broken down, including our new SM right after he started.
Unread April 4th, 2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Call-ins (due to lack of transportation) became a huge problem @ our store back when I started. The SM rode his bike to work. Of course, we had what we call "The Blockbuster Curse" which I thought was just a joke until I was a victim. They told me that everyone that had ever worked there either didn't have a car, or their car had been wrecked since they started working there. Most of the damage had occured in the BBV parking lot. Eventually, my 1st truck was totalled, and then my new truck was hit in the parking lot while I was working. Since then, every new employee's vehicle has been hit in the parking lot or broken down, including our new SM right after he started.
Ha ha, God hates you.

Anyway, I managed to fight my way to getting $9.36 an hour as a shift leader. Not as much as I was hoping, but still enough to make me the highest paid SL in the district. ^_^
Unread April 4th, 2007, 02:01 AM

even worse, a corporation hates me
Unread April 4th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
my store tends to ruin relationships. i've only known one guy who had a relationship that didn't end miserably during his tenure at BBV.

ironically, the only person i know of still working there whose relationship hasn't been fked up is the one girl who i wish was single. lollersauce.