I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 1st, 2007, 11:58 AM

Is anyone else this under staffed

I first started working at blockbuster when was in collage. My good freind was a SM at another store and help me get a job at the blockbuster near me.

I worked at blockbuster for about 4 years then left after i finshed school. Since then i have been working at my new job for a good time now, and not too long ago was asked by my freind if i could help him weeknights after my day job. I told him ok and now for the last few weeks i close with him or a AM like two are three times a week. He since told me that his store has been under staffed for almost two years. And that the DM wont transfer anyone to the store(which is weird because shes really a nice person and knowes that im only there to help my freind and still even aproved me and my freind working at the same store).Im only working at blockbuster till he gets the help he needs for the weekday. Damn my boy i never thought i would wear the yellow and blue again.

I just want to know if any other store have been having this problem with being under staffed.
Unread May 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
IHBB Freak

so you didn't finish collage, huh?

I would say that 2 years is probably not the DL's fault - tell the store manager to HIRE PEOPLE! Don't try to rely on the DL "transferring" people to that store, it's not their job, the manager needs to actually start doing interviews and hiring employees.
Unread May 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
IHBB GOD

always dude, it sucks but i still love the job. but its more fun when your well staffed with good people, been running store now with like 4 people for 1 yr. and yes were busy enuff to add a couple of more but the rejects always quit cause they cant handle a little rush here in there. dam sissies
Unread May 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to moonprism Send a message via MSN to moonprism Send a message via Yahoo to moonprism
Spell check is your friend

But yes, most stores in our district are understaffed, but you make due with what you got.

"One time, I applied for a job renting movies to people and ended up getting hired to be a sales person."
-penguinmike
Unread May 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorehoppin View Post
so you didn't finish collage, huh?
Must have had dull scissors.

How the hell do you go to college, but not know how to spell it??

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread May 1st, 2007, 02:34 PM

i was going to make this thread. my store is hemorrhaging (spelt properly the first time!) employees like mad. We've lost at least 6 CSRs in the past 2 months. 3 useful ones and at least 3 who quit within their first month cause they couldn't take it.

the fuck you applying at blockbuster for if you don't want to do work?

so we're at 4 MOD and like 2 CSRs right now. we've got another CSR from last summer coming in next week, maybe another a few weeks down the line. besides that, i'm about to start going around on my days off looking for people who give good service, and telling them to apply.
Unread May 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM

We will be down to one Store Manager and one Sales Manager as of Thursday. I am at least traing a new SL who is on day 3 of training. So in a few weeks I will get a day off..... Also going thru and weeding out bad CSR's with no sales. Fun stuff!
Unread May 1st, 2007, 04:27 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KID-KACK View Post
I first started working at blockbuster when was in collage. My good freind was a SM at another store and help me get a job at the blockbuster near me.

I worked at blockbuster for about 4 years then left after i finshed school. Since then i have been working at my new job for a good time now, and not too long ago was asked by my freind if i could help him weeknights after my day job. I told him ok and now for the last few weeks i close with him or a AM like two are three times a week. He since told me that his store has been under staffed for almost two years. And that the DM wont transfer anyone to the store(which is weird because shes really a nice person and knowes that im only there to help my freind and still even aproved me and my freind working at the same store).Im only working at blockbuster till he gets the help he needs for the weekday. Damn my boy i never thought i would wear the yellow and blue again.

I just want to know if any other store have been having this problem with being under staffed.

its not so much being understaffed as it is finding quality employees. Blockbuster isnt the same company as it was when i started. Being a csr is far more demanding than it was back then. When i started, rewards was brand new. and we had free trials. that was the beginning of the sales. csrs now need to be able to multi task, hit numerous sales goals ect. most people that apply think its a simple cashier job, and 6 years ago, it was.

and most managers panic, and just hire warm bodies that hopefully speak at best, broken english. instead of just run understaffed for a while until they can hire the RIGHT person. but yeah, there is alot of that going around right now. its part of the "weeding out the bad seeds". lets face it, some people arent cut out to do what we do.
Unread May 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
IHBB GOD

yeppppppppppppp
Unread May 1st, 2007, 04:31 PM
IHBB GOD

Hi john! what it is man?