I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 6th, 2006, 08:56 PM

no not realy. That was before i figured out what this site actualy was. If you wanna hate me thats fine but id rather let by gones be by gones
Unread August 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM

How about the kind of people who think they are entitled to something becuase they look good. From the kind of girls who lean over the counter and push their arms together to the girl who said (not verbetim) "I'm cute, so does that mean I get a free rental?"
Unread August 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb
the girl who said (not verbetim) "I'm cute, so does that mean I get a free rental?"

That's when you say (not verbatim) "No, but that does mean you can suck my dick"

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread August 6th, 2006, 09:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan
That's when you say (not verbatim) "No, but that does mean you can suck my dick"
ozzie honey, we dont work where you work. we cant do those kinds of things on the sales floor.
Unread August 6th, 2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga
  • the customer that comes up and askes you if the new copy of V for Vendetta with the 21.99 price sticker on it is included in the 4 for 20 sale....
Ugh. I had a lady tonight that did that. She sees our 4/20 bin that is near the POS, sees one movie she likes and decides to go over to the PRP section to look for kids movies for her 4 year old or whatever. Comes back with 3 new movies. I inform her it's only on pre-viewed titles and showed her the different price stickers so she would pick right ones next time. She comes back with 3 more new movies. I show her again, this time I walk over with her and show her where the PRP section ends and where the new retail begins. Comes back again, 3 new movies. Then she gets pissed at me and says that she doesn't want anything and leaves.
Unread August 7th, 2006, 12:15 AM
IHBB GOD

Hehehehe. I <3 you like woah, igniteice.

....in a manly kind of way.....

Anyway....
  • When a customer waits in a pretty long line, finally gets to your register, and hands you three backer-cards and asks, "Do you have any of these?" or "I'll take these, please". Are you fucking stupid? First of all, do you think that we just hold all the DVD's in the back and just wait for customers to bring the cards in? The cards aren't a fucking voucher! Secondly, we don't keep the fucking discs in the card so quit acting like a tard. Blah.

• When a customer lets you ring up their movies, drinks, candy, popcorn, etc., and then busts out a gift card when you tell them their total. When you ask how much is on it, they say, "Oh, like 20/50/etc..". You do a GBAL on it and it comes up EMPTY. You tell them, and they swear up and down that they had fifty dollars on it and had just bought it last week. No. You lie. It doesn't work that way. Then of course, you have to void every single of one those items back. And for the record, we're not going to put money on gift cards that we just set out in the open for you to grab. Do you really think we're that stupid? Stop stealing empty giftcards. We hate you.

• When a customer brings you 4 PRP that are all priced at 12.99 or 14.99, and wants them 4 for 20. You tell them how it works, and they complain and say we are mis-advertising.

• When they come up to the register and hand you three movies and say, "We don't want these.". Okay? Then put them back, shit head.

• When the teenagers (who, of course, are not listed on their parents accounts) say, "You can call my mom if you want, the number is-" and just get pissed of and say they'll be going to Hollywood when I tell them that their parent would have to physically come into the store to add them. God, I can't wait for summer to be over so these fuckers go back to school.

Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread August 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM
IHBB GOD

I got seven minutes to spare so here goes... few solid additions there bran - especially number four. In fact, number four deserves a tribute.

So here's to you Mr. "Have you seen any of these five movies? We just want one of them." Thanks for bringing up all of this week's and last week's New Releases and showing us the front covers instead of just telling us the titles. We, as employees, especially need the artwork to match the title, to know if we've seen it. Oh, but you think, I do need to bring them all up, because I could end up with any one of them. No dude. It's like a 30 second walk to go back and get whatever the hell I suggest. Why are you listening to me anyway - anytime I suggest something, you've already seen it!

So here's to you Mr. "I need a good movie recommendation." Don't ask me that and then say, "I've seen it" to over 20 movies I proceed to list off. Then, you walk out of the store and say, "Well, better luck next time." What the hell does that mean? You'll undoubtedly come in on tuesday and claim you've seen these new releases too. Let me guess, you went to them in the theater? You saw them with a friend? Oh boy, and I love the customers who stand in line and talk about seeing movies in advance. You know who I'm talking about...

Me: Total is $8.71.
C: Yeah, so my friend downloaded Pirates 2, watched that the other night.
Me: Uh, the total is $8.71 for these two movies.
C: Oh, right, sorry; I already gave you my card.
Me: Uh, no you didn't man.
C: Oh, right, here it is.

And here's to the idiots who come up with 6 DVDs and tell me, "We ended up not wanting any of these." Then they just hand them to me and walk out - and the worst part is, I'd be more okay with this if it was a joke. Instead, these idiots are actually serious. They spend 20 minutes walking around, picking up anything that looks decent, and then bringing it up to the front just to NOT get it. Then they come back next weekend on their next date. Idiots!

Then afterward, you look across the New Release wall, and these idiots have DESTROYED it. There's movies all over the place. Nothing is in order - they litterally tore through it. And you know it was them because these idiots come in at like 10pm after you've straightened and they're the only ones who COULD have done it. You wondered what the hell that shuffling of movies was all throughout the last half hour.

Even worse are the idiots who DON'T hand you the six movies before they leave! Instead, they've picked up Wolf Creek, V for Vendetta, She's the Man, Sin City, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith and just stacked them all by Benchwarmers. You idiots... or vice versa, it's always movies from the other side of the store. What the hell? Is it some kind of workout for these idiots? Come in, pick up some movies, go to other side of store and drop them off? What the hell? I can't explain the stupidity that flies around!

Last edited by igniteice; May 6th, 2007 at 12:46 AM.
Unread August 7th, 2006, 06:52 AM
IHBB GOD

I got two:

The first requires a bit of set-up. My very first store was rather small, and had one rack in the middle (for the first few months) and everything on the walls.

We'd have people come in and just walk around the store. I called them the "Lappers" cause it was like they were running laps.

One night, guy comes in 15 minutes before close. (Keep in mind I own the store, and will stay open later.... hey, someone spending $10 after hours is $10 directly into MY pocket... well, more or less). A half-hour later, he says "Oh, you'll be closing soon, won't you?" Yeah, about 15 minutes ago. "Oh" he says "then I won't keep you"

So I figure he's going to hurry up and get his movies.

15 minutes later, he leave....... EMPTY HANDED!!!!!!!

Then there are the ones (or sometimes it's mothers who seem PROUD of this fact) that claim to have as many movies as your store does. Look, this is a business. Having that many movies on your bedroom walls is NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF, M'KAY??

Then there are the ones I mentioned before, the social butterflies. You know the ones, they stand right there in front of the counter, talking to their neighbour (who they greet like the brother they havn't seen in 20 YEARS, even tho they see each other every day). I've often wanted to tell them we have a 2-drink minimum.

Finally, are the ones that RUIN a movie for you. I know this might come as a shock to some BBI employees out there, but I actually ENJOY watching movies. More than once, a customer starts telling me about the movie, and TELLS ME THE ENDING. Yeah, thanks, now I don't need to worry about watching THAT movie now, do I??

I think I actually ended up with 4, but I originally was only going to post 2. Consider this a bonus. More of a bonus than you'll get from Antioco, that's for sure

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread August 7th, 2006, 06:55 AM

IF i hear another broke butt mountain joke im gonna strangle some one.
Unread August 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan
they stand right there in front of the counter, talking to their neighbour (who they greet like the brother they havn't seen in 20 YEARS, even tho they see each other every day).
Good call Oz. These people are retarded -- and it always happened right in front of the counter. "How is Jimmy?" -- "Oh he is off to Berkeley next week.." -- "Oh, empty nest for you. How is Sarah?" -- "She just got her license. . . blah blah . . "

Die. Or Move. But die, please.