I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
When you get right down to it, it seems there really are only two types of customers.

Type A
Us: "Our store is closing."
Customer: "Oh no! What am I going to do for movies?"

Type B
Customer: "Oh no! What are you guys going to do for jobs?"

Guess which type we offer the $5 off coupon to.
You keep forgetting, we are robots and not people to these idiots. Be well, my friend.
Unread May 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
When you get right down to it, it seems there really are only two types of customers.

Type A
Customer: "Oh no! What am I going to do for movies?"

Type B
Customer: "Oh no! What are you guys going to do for jobs?"

Guess which type we offer the $5 off coupon to.
Forgot Type C:

Customer: "When is your store closing?"
Us: "We're staying open."
Customer: " I was hoping I could buy some movies on clearance once you start dumping everything."
Us: " "
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DasDude For This Useful Post:
curiousone (May 12th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 13th, 2011, 01:08 AM

Hey there,

I'm a newbie, but have been reading for a while now, and thought I'd finally post something. I hope this is the right spot to post this.

So here's a brief introduction. I'm from Australia and have worked for many stores over the years including a few Blockbuster corporate stores as an assistant manager. In 2004 I decided to go into business for myself and opened my own independent video store which I still run to this day. I really love it!

There are many great customer service stories and I can absolutely relate to most everything I've read here. However, I thought I'd post one that happened just this week.

I received a letter of complaint in the mail. (In the seven years that I've been in business, I've only received about 3 of these, so it's usually pretty special.) The customer, an elderly lady, mentioned that she was distressed that she received a text message about an overdue DVD.

She went on to say that she couldn't possibly have rented this DVD as she already owns it in her personal collection and so someone else must have borrowed it on her account. She said that she had instructed us to restrict her account so that only she could use it (this is true; and this message is on her account).

She said that because we had lent the DVD to another person and disregarded her instructions that she will not be held liable for the unreturned DVD and/or overdue charges and that she wants us to close the account. Due to our negligence, she says she will be taking her business elsewhere from now on.

So what happened? I decided to review DVR security footage. I cued up the exact time and date when the rental took place and what did I see? There's the customer right there on the screen being served by yours truly, date and time stamped and digitally watermarked.

Owned.

Not only that, but I remember that she actually asked me to recommend her something, and I even went to get in for her from the shelf (which you can also see on the footage). So I go out of my way to give her excellent service, and I get a letter of complaint for my troubles.

I guess it's my turn to write her a reply to her letter. How would you word it? 'I'm sorry, but you are wrong?'.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micbarry For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (July 15th, 2011), KateOTomato (May 17th, 2011)
Unread May 20th, 2011, 09:28 PM

I had two different customers ask today if they'd still get late fees if they were raptured tomorrow.

Hopefully when tomorrow passes, the folks will stop leaving those pamphlets throughout our store.
Unread May 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
IHBB Freak

That's a stupid fucking question. If you're raptured, what would you really care about late fees? I'd imagine being in Heaven supersedes any financial obligations I'd have.

Also, since I'm more than likely not getting raptured, I'm not going to focus so much on returning my videos as I'd be looting Wal-Mart and the guns and ammo store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (May 21st, 2011)
Unread May 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micbarry View Post
I guess it's my turn to write her a reply to her letter. How would you word it? 'I'm sorry, but you are wrong?'.
No no, I'd just go with 'You are wrong.'
Unread June 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM

bananas

I had a woman come to check out and as I'm talking to her, I notice her looking around at the confection. She stops me and asks, "Do you guys sell bananas here?" It took all my willpower not to laugh right in her face.
Unread July 15th, 2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestarCSR View Post
I had a woman come to check out and as I'm talking to her, I notice her looking around at the confection. She stops me and asks, "Do you guys sell bananas here?" It took all my willpower not to laugh right in her face.
Lmao, you should have said "No, but we do have pickles"
Unread July 15th, 2011, 07:49 AM

So I had this woman come in last night. Her account is realitively new and unsecured. She always has some type of adr's on her account. At one point she let it build to about $25 and gave a bs story about a death and what could we do. I went ahead and did a credit and explained that it would be a one time courtesy and we couldnt do it again. Well last night she had a small balance of $3.21 for three dvds that were a day overdue. No big, I let her know she had a balance. She straight face looked at me and said that I needed to "void" it. I asked what she meant and she went on to lie and say that she knows she brought them back on time but when she came it was 10:50 and the doors were already locked. I just looked at her. I replied letting her know we dont just lock the doors that early. That I closed that night and as I explained before, we would not be removing anymore fees. I wont even let the csr lock the door 2 minutes early let alone 10. She had that "oh shit" look people get when they know they just got caught in a lie. I smiled and put a warning on her acct and let her know she had to pay it on her next visit, I could only bypass it one time. Oi, gotta love the crackheads lol