I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread April 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
IHBB GOD

The end of the greenback

This is a scary article:
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle17512.htm

If you don't want to read the whole thing, here is a condensed version:

- America needs about $70 Billion worth of foreign investment right now just to stay afloat.
- China is the largest holder of American debt, and they are preparing to dump a large chunk of it to invest in developing nations instead.
- The decline in the superpower-model that is the US can be attributed to its ever decreasing ability to get enough of the fuel such a large nation requires to function (oil).
- Iraq is the tipping point in American history, as it is proving that you can no longer buy a strong economy with a strong military.
- Over the next few years Americans will see a significant drop in living standards as the phantom boom becomes closer to bursting.
- There may be a recession as bad as the great depression, however so much of the things Americans need are produced by foreign nations that they might be unable to recover.
- The War on Terror is a public relations ploy that is intended to disguise the use of military and covert operations to secure dwindling resources to maintain dollar supremacy. It is a futile attempt to control the rise of China, India, Russia and the developing world while preserving the authority of western white elites.

Basically this all means that the world as a whole is going to change drastically in the next decade.

Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:07 PM
IHBB GOD

lomi its too late in my day to read this shite. im oppressed enough as it is....

(insert monty python quote here)
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Oh well shit happens.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
Oh well shit happens.
you feelin ok rk? that isnt a typical rk response!!
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
IHBB GOD

I'm moving to Canada.....
The top Poster!
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:12 PM
IHBB GOD

seriously..
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
you feelin ok rk? that isnt a typical rk response!!
Oops. I meant:

Oh well, the proceedings of excrement transpire.

My debate in a nutshell is that there's no such thing as a national economy anymore, the least of which for the United States. It's all tied together, the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, all in the same bed. The US has a near monopoly on the service economy: higher education, financial services, technological services, etc. If the world economy has anything to say about anything, people will be continuing to invest in this "country" for those reasons, and I put country in quotations because in the broader sense, economies completely transcend the old idea of a nation-state... as I said, we're all tied together now, which is why entities like the G8 exist.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
seriously..
Better do it before they build a fence.........
The top Poster!
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Oops. I meant:

My debate in a nutshell is that there's no such thing as a national economy anymore, the least of which for the United States. It's all tied together, the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, all in the same bed. The US has a near monopoly on the service economy: higher education, financial services, technological services, etc. If the world economy has anything to say about anything, people will be continuing to invest in this "country" for those reasons, and I put country in quotations because in the broader sense, economies completely transcend the old idea of a nation-state... as I said, we're all tied together now, which is why entities like the G8 exist.
there it is. much better.
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Oops. I meant:

zoo is now building an ARK........
The top Poster!