I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread August 20th, 2006, 04:54 PM
IHBB GOD

okay. I cant be bothered to put it in my photo account (Im village photo now since photobucket banned me ) so I'll make it my avatar so you can see it.

Doing it now
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....
Unread May 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomithrandel View Post
To whom it may concern,

Hello and welcome to the forum. By now you have likely read a few threads, or even started your own and been flamed by someone. We sure are assholes eh? No, we are not assholes, not even jerks, we are real people like you. The difference is simple; we are jaded, grumpy, and wise to the ways of the world. Now before you start laughing hear me out, when you have to deal with so many people coming here and immediately complaining about us or the company or this or that, you begin to feel a little bit cynical about that group of people. That group is newbies, they come and they go, but things don't change.

The first question you as a newbie must ask yourself is thus: 'Why am I here?' If your answer is any of the following you should leave:

• I hate this company and I hate everyone who works for it.
  • I don't like arguments.
  • I don't like mean people.
  • I can't take a punch.
  • I don't like being told I am wrong.
  • I don't like being called a moran.
  • I can't handle people who have a differing oppinion.
Just leave now if you answered yes to a single one of those questions. You won't gain anything from being here but disdain for others who post on this forum. This forum can be extremely homonymous and pompous even, you deal with it and move on, heck even embrace it.

Now if you answer yes to any of the following you should stay:
  • I like this company or the people who work here, but accept not everyone does.
  • I like to complain about things in a sensical manner.
  • I am a reasonable and insightful person who can intelligently debate.
  • I have an IQ over 110.
  • I actually care about my job. Not just the paycheque.
  • I am able to adapt to my surroundings.
Now if you are still reading this letter I am sure by now you are wondering why I am writing this. It is simple really, I have snapped, I have gotten fed up with newbies coming on here and getting upset when they get flamed for any of the following reasons:
  • Posting multiple times right after another instead of editing a previous post.
  • Posting the same thread in multiple forums.
  • Posting garbage that makes no sense at all.
  • Posting stuff that has been posted dozens or even hundreds of times before.
  • Not using the search function.
  • Ressurecting threads that do not need ressurecting, months or even years after they have died.
  • Talking on subjects they know nothing about.
I am sure there are others, those are just the most common, so keep that list in mind. Like anywhere else; if you want to either fit in, or simply get along with everyone else, you need to follow the rules. This means common forum etiquette, if you have never seen or heard such, click here. Once this has all sunk in, feel free to contribute to this site, or even just get along and coast for the ride.

Thank you for your time, now fuck off before I give you a donkey punch .

P.S. Here is a list of some good threads to see that you can indeed be a newbie and get a civil response:
http://www.ihateblockbuster.com/foru...452#post129452

If anyone else can provide me with good links I will add them to the list.
Bump..............
The top Poster!
Unread May 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM

wow, must be bored today to be digging up these old threads. here's an idea. go down to the local video store and rent "Killer Drag Queens on Dope".

This was a title a customer brought to the counter and rented one day. As they left, I could not remove the WTF from my face. I mean really, how do you even have a conversation on that title. Of all the things in BSI, they found this title? Really?? So, I told myself if I am ever REALLY bored I knew what I would do.
Unread May 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post
wow, must be bored today to be digging up these old threads. here's an idea. go down to the local video store and rent "Killer Drag Queens on Dope".

This was a title a customer brought to the counter and rented one day. As they left, I could not remove the WTF from my face. I mean really, how do you even have a conversation on that title. Of all the things in BSI, they found this title? Really?? So, I told myself if I am ever REALLY bored I knew what I would do.
let me know what it's about then.......
The top Poster!
Unread May 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post

My store recently pulled that title as part of the zero rent pull that we did.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread May 28th, 2009, 07:42 PM
IHBB GOD

after reading that...i am now starting to wonder if koi and yusif are the same people....or at least alter ego's.
Unread May 29th, 2009, 08:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
after reading that...i am now starting to wonder if koi and yusif are the same people....or at least alter ego's.
Ysuif is still kicking, visit his hell's blog
The top Poster!