I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
At least I know I will be good until the end of the year I know I work for one of the better stores in our district. But shutting down 75 stores is a good thing for this company as those former customers will drive down to the next one down the street making that store pick up on business.
Don't think your safe just because you work in one of the better stores in your district. You may have great revenue. But what is your rent. That is one of the factors that they are taking into affect.
Unread January 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
Don't think your safe just because you work in one of the better stores in your district. You may have great revenue. But what is your rent. That is one of the factors that they are taking into affect.
As long as your making money and helping the company show their numbers. It doesn't matter the rent cost because you're making money >_> (profit) (saying positive)
Unread January 22nd, 2011, 01:18 AM

Hate to be bleak, but we already heard a story on this very forum of someone whose store was top, or near top, of their district but still went under because the landlord wouldn't negotiate on rent.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (January 22nd, 2011)
Unread January 22nd, 2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
Well we have customers from other stores drive to our store just because we are open later.
Yea, but you can't count the number of customers that chose Redbox instead.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread January 24th, 2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikey View Post
put on your aprons and attach your pieces of flare because blockbuster is restructuring into a chain of family family restaurants.

I have a feeling the company would do great as a family restaurant. Well, just as long as the lazy servers sold enough wireless routers to the guests.
Unread January 25th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
Hate to be bleak, but we already heard a story on this very forum of someone whose store was top, or near top, of their district but still went under because the landlord wouldn't negotiate on rent.
I dunno if i believe these stories. I've seen so many stores close and i've heard many times that the landlord forced us out.. the store was making a lot of money..etc.. I just think the DMs are trying to cover up the true facts. Which is, the store is not profitable.
Unread January 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM

One thing that I think has been overlooked. Blockbuster was "forgiven" how much debt? One billion, I think or they are still going thru the process so we have to wait and see if that works out thru bankruptcy. People were like, "yea...Blockbuster has no debt and can now become a leader once again in the dvd rental industry." But they are not even out of bankruptcy and they want to get upwards of $250mil while attempting to emerge from BK. Seems to me they are willing to go right back into debt and keep on doing the same ole same ole. Which was proven didn't work. What you y'all think?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (January 25th, 2011), djsdojo (January 25th, 2011), omg_bbv (January 26th, 2011)
Unread January 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
IHBB GOD

im an old vet and feel like being put down already'alas i will go on.............
Unread January 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
We renewed a 5 year lease at our store.

Quote:
One thing that I think has been overlooked. Blockbuster was "forgiven" how much debt? One billion, I think or they are still going thru the process so we have to wait and see if that works out thru bankruptcy. People were like, "yea...Blockbuster has no debt and can now become a leader once again in the dvd rental industry." But they are not even out of bankruptcy and they want to get upwards of $250mil while attempting to emerge from BK. Seems to me they are willing to go right back into debt and keep on doing the same ole same ole. Which was proven didn't work. What you y'all think?
I agree that BBV will keep doing the same old things.
Unread January 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM

our store is 9th in the region right now and our for rent sign went up today