I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM
IHBB Freak

I have a three week old little girl and a full time management job. I'm actually lucky I have time to take a piss lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread February 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
a full time management job.

Wait, what?? But BBI employees have NO HOPE of ever finding another job. That's what they keep telling us. Must be a fantasy

Seriously, tho... congrats.... esp on the new kid.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread March 1st, 2011, 05:19 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Wait, what?? But BBI employees have NO HOPE of ever finding another job. That's what they keep telling us. Must be a fantasy
You clearly don't live in America you do not have a full understanding of how states and how thier economies work.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
I know plenty of people who are out looking for jobs right now. They're offered one, but they pay isn't right or the schedule sucks. If you need a job, take what you can get and keep looking until you find the right one. Hell, I'd do the worst job in the world if it meant putting food on the table and paying rent. I think Oz and I are saying the same thing: quit whining and do something about it. If no one around you is hiring, look in other towns. I drive 32.5 miles one way to my job now.
Unread March 1st, 2011, 06:44 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
I have a three week old little girl and a full time management job. I'm actually lucky I have time to take a piss lately.
Try using one of her diapers
The top Poster!
Unread March 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
IHBB GOD

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I think they already have a whole website based around this thread. Just sayin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (March 2nd, 2011), Big Dog (March 1st, 2011), BUYMECAR (March 1st, 2011), uhohbusted69 (March 1st, 2011), zooworker (March 1st, 2011)
Unread March 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM

I need some advice. My store is closing next month. I am an asm and am in the position to either be let go, or transfer when it closes. I am thinking about getting let go and taking unemployment and just doing school for a while and i have another job lined up when I need. But after 6 years, it's kind of a tough decision. I know blockbuster won't be around much longer, and it is not a career to me. But it is a job that pays alright.

So, for those of you who have already faced a similar story, and are taking or have taken the ue route, tell me. Should I keep working and transfer? Or just get let go with the store and get the ue.
Unread March 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohbusted69 View Post
I need some advice. My store is closing next month. I am an asm and am in the position to either be let go, or transfer when it closes. I am thinking about getting let go and taking unemployment and just doing school for a while and i have another job lined up when I need. But after 6 years, it's kind of a tough decision. I know blockbuster won't be around much longer, and it is not a career to me. But it is a job that pays alright.

So, for those of you who have already faced a similar story, and are taking or have taken the ue route, tell me. Should I keep working and transfer? Or just get let go with the store and get the ue.
Well, that depends if you are lazy (unemployment) or ambitious (new job).
The top Poster!
Unread March 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM

Coming from someone who outright quit Blockbuster before any of this shit happened.... I say take the offer to work at another store. I only say this because at the moment, it pretty much looks like Blockbuster is kaput. You might as well stick around, make some more money at closing stores and wait to get your unemployment when the company finally does bite the big one or until you can find a better job.

Plus, unemployment can be a pain in the ass to get. I once spent three months trying to get unemployment (from another, non BBV related job) only to end up denied. I had to call a million places, fill out a million things, even go to the unemployment offices a few times. It was aggravating!
Unread March 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Only took me 3 weeks to get it, a lot depends on the reason for termination and the company. Oh, I used to work for BBI.
The top Poster!