I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
I bet you thought in your mind how much it would be sweet to kick your DM in the balls. Or if she is a chick cunt punt her
HAHAHAHA I chuckle

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread August 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I bet you thought in your mind how much it would be sweet to kick your DM in the balls. Or if she is a chick cunt punt her
I learned a new phrase today

MOM
Unread August 28th, 2010, 09:25 PM
IHBB Freak

From the geniuses that are supposed to lead us from this wilderness of financial uncertainty comes this little gem. I saw an email for the latest strategy to push bundles. Take a cart, load it up with candy and popcorn, and walk around the store, pestering people to buy some.

Are you kidding me? That's about a step away from being one of those women back in the 20's who walked around nightclubs saying "Cigars... cigarettes" in a Betty Boop-ish voice.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
I learned a new phrase today
Along these lines, I believe the proper term for a punch in the twat is "uppercunt".
Unread August 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRONK View Post
has anybody else been getting stupid advice from their DMS or SMs for the TA push as of late? During my shift yesterday, I recieved several nuggets of joy:

DM: Now I know you guys have been struggling in halo presales, you have a gamestop closeby right?

Me: Yep, it's right across the street

DM: Well just act as if it isn't there, and make sure you ask EVERY customer!
This reminds me of one of my old DMs. I was running my store and babysitting another till they could put an SM in place. The store I was babysitting was negative comping like 40-50% weekly and running like 7-8k a week because the grocery store in the shopping strip that attracted customers to the area closed down and moved to another location down the street plus there were 3 busy redbox machines at a gas station, walgreens, and McDs all within 100 ft of the BB.

DM: kOre, what are we going to do about location X.
Me: Sir there's not much we can do. It's a lost cause. Theres no customer traffic due to the grocery store closing and these 3 redboxes have longer lines than location x does every night.
DM: You see that's just it, that's great news about those redboxes in that area, that just tells you how badly people want the product. That staff at location X is just not trying hard enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to kOre For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (August 29th, 2010)
Unread August 28th, 2010, 09:31 PM

I suspect there will be a small percentage of people who aren't aware of current events and have their heads planted so far up their own asses that they'll still buy whatever is in front of them.

However, as evidenced by BBV's declining sales, that number is getting smaller all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Bankruptcy I'm sure will have a negative effect on your relentless sales goals. Will people sign up for whatever if BBV is in Chapter 11?
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky
Unread August 28th, 2010, 09:35 PM

I just stopped asking people if they want to renew their Rewards card realizing this place isn't going to be around much longer. They can play it off like it's going to be chapter 11 but let's get real here...they will operate as business as usual up until the final day. They are NOT going to announce chapter 7 this early and they are going to avoid it like the plague, but when it comes (and it will) it's going to be quick and sudden. So, yeah, I am not offering to renew any Rewards at this time because I can't ask the customer for $15.00 for a year long program they may only get another month of benefit from.

About sales goals: I hear you on all of the complaints. We had one DM tell us we could sell more if we blew up balloons and put them all over the store and all the balloons would make it look like a rock concert.

My main issue with sales goals is whether you meet them or not they are riding your ass about not getting enough. So if you meet your sales goals they are NEVER happy. It's always, "You could get more." Or "you should have gotten more." Why? There's no thanks regardless of how many sales I get. It's always a ride up the ass the whole f***ing time.
Unread August 28th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Wow, at least my DM isn't freakin retarded. He's a total doushebag a-hole, but some of the stuff I just read in this thread. WTF. WOW. No wonder were failing.
Unread August 28th, 2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOre View Post
This reminds me of one of my old DMs. I was running my store and babysitting another till they could put an SM in place. The store I was babysitting was negative comping like 40-50% weekly and running like 7-8k a week because the grocery store in the shopping strip that attracted customers to the area closed down and moved to another location down the street plus there were 3 busy redbox machines at a gas station, walgreens, and McDs all within 100 ft of the BB.

DM: kOre, what are we going to do about location X.
Me: Sir there's not much we can do. It's a lost cause. Theres no customer traffic due to the grocery store closing and these 3 redboxes have longer lines than location x does every night.
DM: You see that's just it, that's great news about those redboxes in that area, that just tells you how badly people want the product. That staff at location X is just not trying hard enough.
Conversations like this just makes me wish we could record our phone calls and play these moronic comments back to the DMs after the bankruptcy goes through and we are out of jobs.

I seriously think the bottom line here is DMs are getting their ass rode hard from the RDO and just have to come up with something to justify their high salary. They can't come up with anything better so this is what we get.
Unread August 28th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgiapparatus View Post
Ha, our Team Leader once told us to tape candy bundle coupons all over our bodies. :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
About sales goals: I hear you on all of the complaints. We had one DM tell us we could sell more if we blew up balloons and put them all over the store and all the balloons would make it look like a rock concert.
We need a little laughing emoticon cause these had me cracking up reading them. We need to make a sequel to Office Space that's all about Blockbuster. I can imagine Milton walking around a Blockbuster full of balloons with candy bundle coupons taped all over him trying to sell a bundle and no one listening to him and a DM in the corner telling an SM, "Now see, that's the kind of thing that works at Blockbuster!"
Unread August 29th, 2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I just stopped asking people if they want to renew their Rewards card realizing this place isn't going to be around much longer. They can play it off like it's going to be chapter 11 but let's get real here...they will operate as business as usual up until the final day. They are NOT going to announce chapter 7 this early and they are going to avoid it like the plague, but when it comes (and it will) it's going to be quick and sudden. So, yeah, I am not offering to renew any Rewards at this time because I can't ask the customer for $15.00 for a year long program they may only get another month of benefit from.
I don't sell rewards because I don't have to unless the customer ask me to sell it.

Quote:
My main issue with sales goals is whether you meet them or not they are riding your ass about not getting enough. So if you meet your sales goals they are NEVER happy. It's always, "You could get more." Or "you should have gotten more." Why? There's no thanks regardless of how many sales I get. It's always a ride up the ass the whole f***ing time.
I know how this goes the DM are like oh ok you hit your goals cool now I want 5 more bundles or I want an extra Halo. They like to pretend like we are making commission off our sales but its more like "you want to keep your job right? your going to make these sales or we can get someone else up here". I think that they need to get rid of the DM position and leave it up to the SM.